Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

28 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Very poor half from us.

We've not been playing negatively, this is how we always play. The difference tonight is we've been so poor on the ball. Every time we win it it's given away again so cheaply. When our passing let's us down, our entire game plan goes out the window. 

Wan Bissaka makes such a difference for them down that side instead of  facing Ashley Young. He's intercepted two good counter attacks already tonight. 

To be fair, you've improved 2nd half and that was a hell of a strike from Neves. Would have been a riot if var had disallowed that! 

• Like 1

Just now, CollinsLCFC said:

This is where I don't understand VAR. Having to use technology to ascertain if a player half a toenail offside, surely then it isn't a clear and obvious error and shouldn't be referred? 

Yeah I thought that was the mantra. They just change it to suit like every other rule

1 minute ago, Arkie Bennett said:

There is something distasteful about VAR when it is being used to find reasons to disallow goals.

How the **** is it being used to find reasons to disallow goals when the goal was given? 

The offside was insanely marginal so they checked it to be sure. Its probably onside with actual technology and away we go. Brilliant. 

I mean. What on earth? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CollinsLCFC said:

This is where I don't understand VAR. Having to use technology to ascertain if a player half a toenail offside, surely then it isn't a clear and obvious error and shouldn't be referred? 

Used what technology to refer it where? 

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Blows my mind that anyone could watch that and moan about VAR. Took a minute, got the right decision. 

That's EXACTLY the sort of goal the big clubs usually have go their way because a linesman will flag it offside to favour United or Liverpool or Man City because they bottle it. 

This way they check it, get it mathematically correct and off we go. It stands. 

there is literally zero chance that is “the sort of goal that’s been flagged offside for years”, between the ref, linesman and players nobody even knew why they were checking it, let alone did any of them debate giving it offside lol 

• Like 2

That is 100000% a dive. 

That's the next rule change I'd really like to see them make. I don't care if there's technically contact. 

He sees the leg and literally jumps over it. He literally starts jumping before there's contact. 

The irony is the same ref sent Vardy off for less. 

Justice tbqh. 

• Like 3