Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

5 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Watford look in real trouble this season. Any team, no matter what their target would have looked at their first three fixtures and saw a opportunity to get a few points. Instead they have three defeats, conceding 7 and scoring 1. In all its something like 7 defeats on that bounce going back to last season and they haven't kept a clean sheet in 18. Look nailed on for the drop at the minute.

Watford's record since Deeney called Jimenez a loser right after the FA Cup semi-final:

P10

W1 (Huddersfield)

D1

L8

Scored 6

Conceded 25

:giggle:

Edited by The Bear

VAR? Laporte has a tug of Wilson's shirt. Why do they not let the ref know. Wilson could have gone down, others may have.

Probably me not knowing the rules.

9 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

VAR? Laporte has a tug of Wilson's shirt. Why do they not let the ref know. Wilson could have gone down, others may have.

Probably me not knowing the rules.

See this is one thing that amuses me; we all thought a lot of the debate and "we should've had a penalty" debates would be taken out by VAR. 

But we've seen in a few games people still thinking we should have seen a few more penalties than we have.

Something that still needs explaining or clarifying with this VAR system 

Edited by UniFox21
  • Like 1

We need to somehow americanize the VAR system to be more like the challenge system in NFL. In NFL the refs also explains why they make the decision, they make. 

This non-penalty has me proper confused about the rules, so would like an explanation. 

I think what we've basically discovered about VAR is that its happy to over rule on anything absolute, even if it's like a mm offside, but anything slightly subjective, where it has to actually make a decision it backs out. A foul, not matter how obvious is still a matter of opinion, so even though that Silva foul look clear, you can't draw a line on it, so giving it involves making a decision, which they clearly aren't prepared to do.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I think what we've basically discovered about VAR is that its happy to over rule on anything absolute, even if it's like a mm offside, but anything slightly subjective, where it has to actually make a decision it backs out. A foul, not matter how obvious is still a matter of opinion, so even though that Silva foul look clear, you can't draw a line on it, so giving it involves making a decision, which they clearly aren't prepared to do.

I’m not sure how anyone could argue that wasn’t a foul tbh