Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Burnley just find a way every year don't they? 

They have a pathetic squad on paper full of Stoke reserves and 6ft+ forwards and yet pick up enough points every year. I thought this might be the season they finally go, again, but I'm sure they'll be about 12th-14th. 

I've said it already on this thread, but I honestly think top six is wide open this year. 

Apart from Liverpool & Man City there are 8 clubs going for those other four positions, and we should certainly be one of them.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

If Eric Dier is anywhere near the England squad come Thursday, I'm going to be fuming. 

Especially if someone like Hamza misses out 

9 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Prepare to fume. You know it's nailed on

Hamza is playing more than ok but he is young and Southgate will want to go with players he trusts. Remember that dier can drop into centre half if necessary which helps him get selected. 

If hamza hadn’t had his brain fart in the U21 then I reckon he could have got in this time but he will likely need to wait until after the 2020 euros for his chance ........

my view is that hamza is the future and should be included now ...........

Edited by st albans fox
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

You're spot on, and still the issue is Southgate calls up players having historically played well for him rather than current form. 

I agree & I also think he favours top six clubs

• Like 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Hamza is playing more than ok but he is young and Southgate will want to go with players he trusts. Remember that dier can drop into centre half if necessary which helps him get selected. 

If hamza hadn’t had his brain fart in the U21 then I reckon he could have got in this time but he will likely need to wait until after the 2020 euros for his chance ........

I don't really care if Dier can play in goal as well, he's not played for ages, and when he does hes shite. I get to some degree the logic of southgate of picking players he trusts, but when you not playing, or consistently playing poorly that has to end at some point. We have enough centre backs now, we don't need to a spare one taking up a midfield spot.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

That's sort of our issue as a national team. He goes off trusted ones rather than those in form. Has Dier played a game yet?  Hamza deserves a chance, as does so many other players.

Also watch Lingard get in who contributes **** all to United, yet is trusted as well. 

Look at Ashley Barnes. One of the top scorers, eligible for England, but won't get a sniff. 

1 minute ago, gurru991 said:

I agree & I also think he favours top six clubs

He's moving on from favouring the top 6 I have to say. But it's the picking trusted players rather than using this time to get fresh, talented players embedded in the squad.