Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

On 23/06/2019 at 23:21, KingsX said:

NGL, I fancy my chances in this contest  :)

NeWatford.JPG.7c47d772187bc449c72a326e0c2b7a2a.JPG

Consultants picking the finalists ... what could go wrong?

On 24/06/2019 at 05:08, Mehrez said:

C64E4B0A-42D2-4FF9-9704-B7C6779F90B1.png

You both forgot the club mottoo. 

Deeney day forever. 

3 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Spent £50m on a position they have Dalot at the same point of his career 

4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Wan Bissaka for 50m is up there with the worst transfers of all time. And they wonder why they're shit. 

Smells like they're just trying to weaken their opposition, in the sense that "better he ends up at our place than somewhere else".

He's got talent and was one of Palace's best players last season, some say the best. Let's see how he does.

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

Don't think this will go down well with the Chelsea fans ..

40 million as well !

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48782683

They’ve not really got a choice have they? Danny might get back in under Frank but RLC is long term injured and they can’t sign anyone so probably had to make this signing for the sake of their squad 

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

They’ve not really got a choice have they? Danny might get back in under Frank but RLC is long term injured and they can’t sign anyone so probably had to make this signing for the sake of their squad 

It's a shame Reece James is out for a while, genuinely can play anywhere and wouldn't look out of place I don't think. Mason Mount will get a chance as well.

7 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I'd honestly welcome him back. I think he'd add a lot to our current team. Look at how versatile he is, and where he contributes from. Our style of play has completely changed since he was here last time round, and I think he'd fit right in.

Kramaric.thumb.JPG.3b5e526d024b18cf4e2ec402d69a7031.JPG 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I'd honestly welcome him back. I think he'd add a lot to our current team. Look at how versatile he is, and where he contributes from. Our style of play has completely changed since he was here last time round, and I think he'd fit right in.

Kramaric.thumb.JPG.3b5e526d024b18cf4e2ec402d69a7031.JPG 

I don't think he'd have us back lol

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I don't think he'd have us back lol

It might not be as unlikely as you would think. In interviews he accepts that he wasn't good enough when he was here and that other players in the squad took their chances. We won the league whilst he was officially a Leicester player, so he can't really complain if others were chosen ahead of him.

There are several cases of players returning to a club years after leaving the first time round. Unlikely here, but Kramaric is a fantastic player and hes' proved it. The fact he's done it after a major setback is exactly the type of character that you'd want in any good team.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

It might not be as unlikely as you would think. In interviews he accepts that he wasn't good enough when he was here and that other players in the squad took their chances. We won the league whilst he was officially a Leicester player, so he can't really complain if others were chosen ahead of him.

There are several cases of players returning to a club years after leaving the first time round. Unlikely here, but Kramaric is a fantastic player and hes' proved it. The fact he's done it after a major setback is exactly the type of character that you'd want in any good team.

The problem in this case though, is that he would be facing the same issues as when he was last here?

There is no doubt he’s progressed as a player, but he would still be behind Vardy in the pecking order, and although our style of play has changed and could suit him more, we now only play 1 striker?

Why leave Hoffenheim to sit on our bench yet again?

37 minutes ago, City1884 said:

The problem in this case though, is that he would be facing the same issues as when he was last here?

There is no doubt he’s progressed as a player, but he would still be behind Vardy in the pecking order, and although our style of play has changed and could suit him more, we now only play 1 striker?

He can also play on either wing or as an attacking midfielder. We could use him as a left winger and if vardy gets injured, stick kramaric up top and bring in barnes/gray on the wing, like spurs do with son and kane. 

3 hours ago, City1884 said:

He wouldn’t be behind Vardy as he wouldn’t play as our 9, even though he is capable of that. He’d play in either the left or right wide forward position so would be competing with Barnes, Gray, Albrighton, etc. When he was here last we played more direct football that relied on less technical quality and possession so he never had a chance to shine. Now that we are a technical team, having someone who is both so comfortable on the ball and who can finish and who is versatile enough to play multiple positions is an attractive prospect. 

Given his age profile and wages I doubt he’d be of interest as there’d be little to no resale value and he wouldn’t fit in with the ages of the rest of the team. You could also say that he’s not the fastest player in the world. But he’s still got tremendous plus points and there is a reason we signed him in the first place!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, urban fox said:

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/why-201920-will-spell-end-premier-league-top-six-we-know-it

Interesting article basically saying what we have all been thinking for a while.

"This year, it’s hard imagining who will join City and Liverpool in the top four."

That's a bold prediction but it's good that Huw Davies thinks so highly of us.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

Don't get me wrong Kramaric looks to have improved a lot but the Premier League is totally different to the Bundesliga.

Okazaki scored 27 goals in 65 appearances at Mainz ......

Yes but he was playing a totally different role here as a support rather than the main striker

• Like 1

1 minute ago, urban fox said:

Yes but he was playing a totally different role here as a support rather than the main striker

Granted, but for a bit of perspective Maddison in the same role as Okazaki and sometimes deeper, scored 7 league goals this season, that's half of Okazakis league total from 4 seasons. 

3 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Thoughts? 

Pretty good to be fair! The kit is superb as well. 

Therein lies the difference between Adidas supplying your kit, and Adidas being a fully integrated strategic partner paying you a LOT of cash. 

• Like 3