Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

15 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Spurs agree £65m fee with Lyon for Tanguy Ndombele 

8ADC539D-AA25-49A4-951A-3B396216890B.png

Well if true means that they aren't going for tielemans great news. Then there is still contract talks with levy which more often than not doesn't go well

That’s a superb signing, Dembele was a one man midfield at times and Tanguy Ndombele has got huge potential as his successor. Spurs are fairly switched on as a club - they’ll be the main beneficiaries of Arsenal, Man Utd and Chelsea ****ing up because as long as they keep hold of Pochettino (or replace him well) they’ve got a Champions league place secured for a few seasons 

Guest MattP
6 hours ago, foxile5 said:

Whilst I'd be happy to pile on a greedy footballer these stories are regularly reliable. 

It's been proven in court and the judge ruled in her favour.

15 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

He paid her ok when he was with us ..... clearly going to Man City makes you arrogant! 

She also got loads of overtime when he was with us for all of the times he went to sit in airports

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Manchester City midfielder David Silva says he will leave the club at the end of the 2019-20 season.

The Spaniard, 33, has won four Premier League titles, the FA Cup twice and the League Cup four times since joining the club in 2010, playing 395 times.

He featured in 33 Premier League games last term and scored six goals as Pep Guardiola's side retained the title.

Asked if he would stay beyond next season, Silva said: "No, this is the last one."

He added: "Ten years for me is enough. It's the perfect time for me.

"Initially, City were talking about two years, but I decided to sign [for] another one, so I finished at 10 years.

"It completes the cycle. It's a nice round figure. I can never see myself playing against City for another team. So 10 years - that's it."

37 minutes ago, davieG said:

Manchester City midfielder David Silva says he will leave the club at the end of the 2019-20 season.

The Spaniard, 33, has won four Premier League titles, the FA Cup twice and the League Cup four times since joining the club in 2010, playing 395 times.

He featured in 33 Premier League games last term and scored six goals as Pep Guardiola's side retained the title.

Asked if he would stay beyond next season, Silva said: "No, this is the last one."

"Initially, City were talking about two years, but I decided to sign [for] another one, so I finished at 10 years.

"It completes the cycle. It's a nice round figure. I can never see myself playing against City for another team. So 10 years - that's it."

Great player who has game changing abilities. My main concern is that Pep will see Maddison as his replacement and continue to have a little word in his ear at the end of both matches this season.

20 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

One of the best players the PL has ever seen.  One of the few players from the "big six" I actually really like.  X

Some players look like they were born to play football and he's one of them. Makes the game look so easy. 

You see people saying about the physical demands of the Premier league but his talent outweighs any physical disadvantages he has

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MGLCFC said:

Great player who has game changing abilities. My main concern is that Pep will see Maddison as his replacement and continue to have a little word in his ear at the end of both matches this season.

£120m + Foden 

13 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

Clubs do it on the continent. Look at Zidane. 

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't

Tell me another one. Zizu was a coach a RM after finishing playing and let's face it, you could have managed that RM team to the title.

Look at Henry. Most footballers who go straight from playing to coaching fail.

10 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Mahrez fails to pay his nanny 3k

I heard that his soon has a bad habit of throwing his toys out of his pram.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

He paid her ok when he was with us ..... clearly going to Man City makes you arrogant! 

He was arrogant for the last 2 years with us too.

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Maybe Mahrez will get some decent gametime in 20/21 then. 

21 minutes ago, FIF said:

Tell me another one. Zizu was a coach a RM after finishing playing and let's face it, you could have managed that RM team to the title.

Look at Henry. Most footballers who go straight from playing to coaching fail.

I heard that his soon has a bad habit of throwing his toys out of his pram.

He was arrogant for the last 2 years with us too.

Maybe Mahrez will get some decent gametime in 20/21 then. 

Pep did it too. 

Zidane only had 2 years manager experience with the reserves before taking the big role. 

I'm not saying it will definitely work but I see no issue with it. It's a gamble that may work out

Edited by Stevosevic

Just now, Stevosevic said:

Pep did it too. 

Zidane only had 2 years manager experience with the reserves before taking the big role. 

so that's two.

3 minutes ago, FIF said:

so that's two.

There's literally loads of examples across Europe over the last few decades. 

People like Cruyff took top jobs as soon as they stopped playing.

Edited by Stevosevic

1 hour ago, Stevosevic said:

There's literally loads of examples across Europe over the last few decades. 

People like Cruyff took top jobs as soon as they stopped playing.

Niko Kovac, now at Bayern. Jurgen Klopp. You could grow a huge list, so as above, there are many examples of success.

Even at Chelsea, Di Matteo managed to win them a CL title.

13 hours ago, Fightforever said:

Well if true means that they aren't going for tielemans great news. Then there is still contract talks with levy which more often than not doesn't go well

Levy probably thinks they mean 6.5 m?

22 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Niko Kovac, now at Bayern. Jurgen Klopp. You could grow a huge list, so as above, there are many examples of success.

Even at Chelsea, Di Matteo managed to win them a CL title.

Probably not the best examples. Kovac managed Salzburg, Croatia and Frankfurt. Di Matteo MK Dons and West Brom. Klopp, seven years at Mainz. 

Guardiola and Zidane more comparable as they had 12 to 18 months managing B teams of Barca and Real Madrid. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1