Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

32 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Tottenham 1-2 at home to Olympiacos  which is good news for us.

1) Further evidence Tottenham are crap

2) If this is the result then Tottenham will need to get a point away at Bayern Munich to qualify assuming Olympiacos beat Red Star. This means Tottenham will go to the Europa League which means:

a) More games for them

b) It's possible for us to finish 4th and still not get Champions League if an English team wins both the Champions League and Europa Cup and finish outside the top four

It's 2-2.

• Haha 1

Fair play to Kane. I know he gets a lot of stick on here (me included) but he is a fantastic striker. The numbers don't lie. 23 goals in 23 games is outstanding.

Arguably he should score more against the top sides but he's still a young man. Not many better than him for his age.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Fair play to Kane. I know he gets a lot of stick on here (me included) but he is a fantastic striker. The numbers don't lie. 23 goals in 23 games is outstanding.

Arguably he should score more against the top sides but he's still a young man. Not many better than him for his age.

Boooo 

Nuno being linked in the papers (likely nonsense) with the Arsenal job. Does seem like a good fit for Arsenal, but not exactly the big step that Wolves to Arsenal used to be. Similar in some respect to Brendan being linked with Spurs/Arsenal/United etc in some respects.

I would still consider Arsenal a better opportunity that Wolves, personally. If he were given the time and financial backing I think he'd do wonders, but that's a big if with Arsenal becoming the entitled beast that Liverpool were prior to the past few years.  

Edited by David Guiza
made no sense!

7 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

Nuno being linked in the papers (likely nonsense) with the Wolves job. Does seem like a good fit for Arsenal, but not exactly the big step that Wolves to Arsenal used to be. Similar in some respect to Brendan being linked with Spurs/Arsenal/United etc in some respects.

I would still consider Arsenal a better opportunity that Wolves, personally. If he were given the time and financial backing I think he'd do wonders, but that's a big if with Arsenal becoming the entitled beast that Liverpool were prior to the past few years.  

Nuno linked with Wolves job? He's already got it lol 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

Nuno being linked in the papers (likely nonsense) with the Wolves job. Does seem like a good fit for Arsenal, but not exactly the big step that Wolves to Arsenal used to be. Similar in some respect to Brendan being linked with Spurs/Arsenal/United etc in some respects.

Nuno didn't do well at Porto and Vakencia. He was quite bad at Porto. He's done well at Wolves and deserves another shot at a big club. 

• Like 1

Also, Wolves play counter attacking football. They're happy for oppositions to have 60-70% possession. This is suitable for Wolves as they're happy to be underdogs but big clubs will not accept being dominated at home by by Lowe mid table clubs. I dont think Buno is a good fit for Arsenal.

9 minutes ago, Koke said:

Also, Wolves play counter attacking football. They're happy for oppositions to have 60-70% possession. This is suitable for Wolves as they're happy to be underdogs but big clubs will not accept being dominated at home by by Lowe mid table clubs. I dont think Buno is a good fit for Arsenal.

Not so sure, I reckon he would chase every ball, just what Arsenal need

image.png.8ad5ac512f9c4885714dc9a3309a1246.png

• Haha 4

34 minutes ago, Koke said:

As if West Ham and Everton fans would be happy reappointing Moyes. Everton fans may be a little easier on him based on his past but West Ham fans would be fuming to have him back.

Both clubs are in the doghouse and I for one am loving every minute of it lol 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Koke said:

Seeing Hughes linked with Everton got me thinking. I'm glad we've  never appointed any of these merry go round managers 

Allardyce - Newcastle, West Ham, Everton, Sunderland

Pulis - WBA, Stoke, Palace

Hodgson  - WBA, Palace

Moyes  - Everton, Sunderland, West Ham 

Hughes - Stoke, Southampton, maybe Everton

Pardew - Newcastle, West Ham, Palace 

Be glad our name isn't on there, and hopefully never will.

Apart from Woy, they are all currently available........let's hope someone doesn't poach BR!!

49 minutes ago, Koke said:

Agreed but it would be so funny to see the Wolves fans meltdown if Nuno left!

15 hours ago, Koke said:

Seeing Hughes linked with Everton got me thinking. I'm glad we've  never appointed any of these merry go round managers 

Allardyce - Newcastle, West Ham, Everton, Sunderland

Pulis - WBA, Stoke, Palace

Hodgson  - WBA, Palace

Moyes  - Everton, Sunderland, West Ham 

Hughes - Stoke, Southampton, maybe Everton

Pardew - Newcastle, West Ham, Palace 

Be glad our name isn't on there, and hopefully never will.

You missed Liverpool from Hodgsons list and Man United from Moyes. 

Edited by browniefox
Moyes

16 minutes ago, browniefox said:

You missed Liverpool from Hodgsons list and Man United from Moyes. 

I also missed Allardyce from the Palace list. 

Palace have had Pardew, Allardyce, Pulis and Hodgson. What a list! Moyes or Hughes definitely lined up at Palace when they sack Hodgson at some point.

13 hours ago, Paddy. said:

He and Son are too good for Spurs!

Grealish is undoubtedly a decent player but he's also massively over-rated. He's supposed to be a creative/attacking midfielder, yet his overall Prem record stands at:

Played 45

Goals 3

Assists 5

That's shite numbers for any half decent Prem team for an AM. 

Also he DOES go down far too easily, then spends the next few minutes whining and shouting at the ref about it if he doesn't get a FK.

To sum up, he's a greasy haired whiny diving little scrote who isn't as near as good as people make out. McGinn is a better player. 

Edited by The Bear

Guest An Sionnach

If Aguero is missing Man. City lose a lot of their threat , whether he scores or doesn't he scares defences. They could lose quite a few points while he is injured.

Just now, The Bear said:

Grealish is undoubtedly a decent player but he's also massively over-rated. He's supposed to be a creative/attacking midfielder, yet his overall Prem record stands at:

Played 45

Goals 3

Assists 5

That's shite numbers in any half decent team for an AM. 

Also he DOES go down far too easily, then spends the next few minutes whining and shouting at the ref about it if he doesn't get a FK.a

To sum up, he's a greasy haired whiny little scrote who isn't as near as good as people make out. McGinn is a better player. 

He would probably improve those numbers in a better team tbf