Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Newcastle may have won two on the bounce prior to this, but on tonights display they will struggle to stay up. They've got no threat up front and when you've got to rely on a barely fit Andy Carroll your in trouble. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

47 minutes ago, Mint23 said:

Does anybody know why the upcoming Wednesday night premier league matches - including ours against Watford on Dec 4th - are all 7:30 kick offs rather than the usual 7:45? I always struggle to make the kick off at night matches and just get to my seat for kick off but I’m going to struggle like hell to make half 7!

Tempos on the left,Kleenex on the right...free Violin lessons.....:crylaugh:

15 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Feel somewhat sorry for Almiron.

Clearly has potential, but hasn't been getting the luck of the grass at Newcastle.

Is he not like 25/26 now? He needs to start showing that potential if so. Mind you one word ... Vardy. 

Edited by casablancas
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, casablancas said:

Is he not like 25/26 now? He needs to start showing that potential if so. Mind you one word ... Vardy. 

Have to slightly apologise - you're right; he's 25, thought he was Tielemans age (22/23).

He's still yet to both score and assist for them, which is strange as he seems like a player who would makes things happen for Newcastle.

7 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Have to slightly apologise - you're right; he's 25, thought he was Tielemans age (22/23).

He's still yet to both score and assist for them, which is strange as he seems like a player who would makes things happen for Newcastle.

And nothings happening for them, so you've just highlighted their major problem. Their creative spark doesn't create anything.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Yeah he’s had a lot of hype, but little end product. I don’t dislike the lad and want him to find his form but I don’t think he is good enough. He’s been here a year or more now right? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, casablancas said:

Yeah he’s had a lot of hype, but little end product. I don’t dislike the lad and want him to find his form but I don’t think he is good enough. He’s been here a year or more now right? 

A year from the January window I think

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Chris Sutton on Radio 5 just now saying that Rodgers would go to Everton as they are a bigger club. When he was challenged about it, he said, "well, he left Celtic mid-season." What a numpty.

Sutton really does give Bell-Ends a bad name. Why can't this man just give up having digs at Leicester at every opportunity.  Absolute Mike Hunt.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

i think it might finally be time to admit it lads, jack grealish is actually fu cking good at football. 

every time i’ve seen him this season he’s been easily the best player on the pitch. still what, early 20s an all? i mean his haircut is abominable and deserves all the stick he gets but i think, as it turns out, he is sensationally good at the game. 

I'm with you other than this. He's had his reputation dragged through the mud by the media and now he has a public image of being a bit of a twat. Maybe he does go down too easily and people find his haircut obnoxious but you could say the same about a lot of other players who don't get a tenth of the stick Grealish does. 

The Sun do it to a lot of players: Sterling, Vardy, Maddison. All model professionals that people have an image of because of The Sun. Maddison particularly is going to deal with this "arrogant" label the rest of his career and there's people out there that still think he skived England duty despite being told to leave. 

Maybe at a point Grealish was a bit of a nob but in his time in the championship he's matured as a player and as a person. John Terry took him under his wing and put his head straight and now he's even Villa's captain he's that highly thought of as a character! 

I hope he can shake the reputation because in my opinion he doesn't deserve it at all. The culture of shitting on any young players with a bit about them is not healthy and needs to stop in this country. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Koke said:

PLEASE be true 

How can anyone consider Mark Hughes? Awful manager. A good friend of mine is a saints fan (didnt speak to me from half time until about a week after the 9-0. I didnt even take the piss either!) He was buzzing when they got hughes in and I told him exactly what would happen. Told me I was talking shite and must be winding him up. The guy ruins football clubs. How can people still be fooled :dunno:

4 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

i think it might finally be time to admit it lads, jack grealish is actually fu cking good at football. 

every time i’ve seen him this season he’s been easily the best player on the pitch. still what, early 20s an all? i mean his haircut is abominable and deserves all the stick he gets but i think, as it turns out, he is sensationally good at the game. 

I've never minded him. Gets stick because of what he looks like but he's grown up since he got the captaincy there. Early 20's a captaining the team he loves; he's living the dream.

Got more respect for him after hearing the stuff he does off the pitch to.

Would love him and Maddison to play for England together but Southgate would never do it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Koke said:

PLEASE be true 

Had a scroll through their forum and most of their fans are rightly pissed off. All the money they are supposed to have now and the top linked names are Hughes and Moyes. 

Spurs, on the other hand, have just got in Mourinho. Okay it helps that Spurs have finished top 4 for the past 4/5 seasons but Everton should be around that same sort of level. If I were their owners I'd be doing anything to get someone like Pochettino in, someone who can get them to that next level again.

I like Everton and I love playing them, home and away, just always feels like a proper top flight fixture.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

This has been me for the past few seasons.

grealish.png.e58ed07bf843972e4ff5cc4fa21ed9c8.png

10 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Silva to remain at Everton for the game against us:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50562989

:punk:

Their problem is that there are not that many available candidates who either they would accept or who would want the job. Poch won't take it and looking at their upcoming fixtures you could see why noone would leap forward for the job at the moment.

Seeing Hughes linked with Everton got me thinking. I'm glad we've  never appointed any of these merry go round managers 

Allardyce - Newcastle, West Ham, Everton, Sunderland

Pulis - WBA, Stoke, Palace

Hodgson  - WBA, Palace

Moyes  - Everton, Sunderland, West Ham 

Hughes - Stoke, Southampton, maybe Everton

Pardew - Newcastle, West Ham, Palace 

Be glad our name isn't on there, and hopefully never will.

Edited by Koke
  • Like 2

Tottenham 1-2 at home to Olympiacos  which is good news for us.

1) Further evidence Tottenham are crap

2) If this is the result then Tottenham will need to get a point away at Bayern Munich to qualify assuming Olympiacos beat Red Star. This means Tottenham will go to the Europa League which means:

a) More games for them

b) It's possible for us to finish 4th and still not get Champions League if an English team wins both the Champions League and Europa Cup and finish outside the top four

• Haha 1