Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

11 hours ago, Gerard said:

He was respectful as well and didn't publically moan about it but just like Drinkwater I was really happy to see him go at that price. I'm a great believer in selling players who I believe are replaceable and peaked in value which I was sure Drinkwater and Maguire both fitted into that category.

I never wanted Mahrez to go but we had little choice in the end, it's extremely difficult for a club like ours to replace a Mahrez.

The one that really annoyed me was Kante leaving as I thought we could challenge the top clubs if we kept our star players. I thought we had five exceptional players that season and the other six did an outstanding job but we could replace them with much better players. I thought if we signed about three big upgrades alongside Schmeichel, Drinkwater, Kante, Mahrez and Vardy we could be a great side.All things considered though we had no choice but to sell Kante due to his release clause and we did well getting another £10m out of Chelsea when he was available to some other clubs for £20m.

Maguire was alright for us in the 2 years but the World Cup massively helped us when selling. Unlike the 3 players that left each summer post title it was the one where it was right for us to sell.

Even if we had held onto Kante it wouldn't have helped us much. The fallout from the post Pearson era started to hit hard that summer and thing were too unstable for the club as a whole to take it further.

In N'Didi since Rodgers arrived we've got the next best thing to him.

6 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

Maguire was alright for us in the 2 years but the World Cup massively helped us when selling. Unlike the 3 players that left each summer post title it was the one where it was right for us to sell.

Even if we had held onto Kante it wouldn't have helped us much. The fallout from the post Pearson era started to hit hard that summer and thing were too unstable for the club as a whole to take it further.

In N'Didi since Rodgers arrived we've got the next best thing to him.

I think Kante was the catalyst for the fall out. It unsettled his mate Mahrez and drinky was exposed. Left a big hole that we couldn't fill.

1 minute ago, GlenParvaFox said:

I don't really get the hate for him to be honest. He's a young lad, living his dream. Probably could do with a few more goals/assists but he's good to watch.

Its because he dares to enjoy himself.

• Like 4

Does anybody know why the upcoming Wednesday night premier league matches - including ours against Watford on Dec 4th - are all 7:30 kick offs rather than the usual 7:45? I always struggle to make the kick off at night matches and just get to my seat for kick off but I’m going to struggle like hell to make half 7!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mint23 said:

Does anybody know why the upcoming Wednesday night premier league matches - including ours against Watford on Dec 4th - are all 7:30 kick offs rather than the usual 7:45? I always struggle to make the kick off at night matches and just get to my seat for kick off but I’m going to struggle like hell to make half 7!

Why don't you ask the premier League if they'll put it back 15 minutes for you? 

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, GlenParvaFox said:

I don't really get the hate for him to be honest. He's a young lad, living his dream. Probably could do with a few more goals/assists but he's good to watch.

I love Grealish. Probably my favourite non Leicester PL player. Bit of a rough diamond, unconventional, plenty of attitude and talent. 

Reminds me a bit of our own No. 9

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Jesus. Imagine actually supporting Newcastle. 

I have mate who does. Strange fans. Genuinely couldn't understand Perez moving to Leicester, thought the clubs were on par with each other. Seems to get excited by the most average players who produce nothing. He loves Almiron and Saint-Martin.

• Like 1

Just now, Facecloth said:

I have mate who does. Strange fans. Genuinely couldn't understand Perez moving to Leicester, thought the clubs were on par with each other. Seems to get excited by the most average players who produce nothing. He loves Almiron and Saint-Martin.

Tbf Saint-Maxim has all the tools to be a baller. He makes Vardy look pedestrian almost and he loves to go at people. He reminds me of Adama Traore. Power and pace but little end product, however the latter appears to be starting to deliver  I honestly would take Maxim as a squad player. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

Yeah I’ve got a mate who supports Newcastle too and this sounds like him. 

I think he’s also a closet united fan, has started getting behind spurs now Jose has gone there and his dad supports Inter Milan (they’re all born and bred Ashfield BTW) - so I think he’s just a bit of a **** 

2 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Chris Sutton on Radio 5 just now saying that Rodgers would go to Everton as they are a bigger club. When he was challenged about it, he said, "well, he left Celtic mid-season." What a numpty.

Is there any club Rodgers won't go to? 

What a tedious topic and the sad twats in the media who are desperate for him to move can piss off.

• Like 2