Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Guest Markyblue

The thing about man Uniteds youngsters is they will play bit parts until the clamour from their entitled fans forces more so called big name signings and the merry go round will continue.....hopefully. 

2 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

The thing about man Uniteds youngsters is they will play bit parts until the clamour from their entitled fans forces more so called big name signings and the merry go round will continue.....hopefully. 

Worst thing that can happen to the league right now is Man Utd get a transfer ban and have to stop being the league's charitable benefactors.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

That Alex guy needs to grow a pair 

I wonder if Beckham and Gareth Bale are/were mocked for their Spanish by the Spaniards. I have no problem with the "good ebening" jokes by Arse fans but the guy started learning English 18 months ago, it has no bearing on his ability to manage.

Edited by Koke
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Koke said:

What do you think of this?

When things are going well then it can be taken as a bit of banter as these things can be just be a lighthearted rib. 

If things aren't going well then clearly it becomes another boot to be kicked down with. It stops being banter and is clearly used in a mocking sense and that would be bullying.

TBH the 'good ebening' jokes went stale and overused about a month ago.

But it is tasteless now for supposed professional journalists to go "You're a ****ing meme!" 

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

C46F2500-4C07-4B98-9B42-504E3804CBE3.thumb.jpeg.23fee684b148a068c1c34a68a4831dd1.jpeg

I like Harry, I was gutted when he left - but I can’t not laugh at stuff like this. 

We all said his weak points would be highlighted playing for a club like United and they have. I don’t for one second buy all this football twitter bollocks about him being sad he left us, but it is funny...mainly because it’s United he’s gone to lol 

“Location: Egypt” - yep. That’ll be the Cafe! 

Edited by Manini

I think Maguire is a bit of a fair weather player. Don’t get me wrong I really like the guy and appreciate his great performances for us but is he the guy, that  rock solid centre half and leader you NEED when the chips are down? I don’t think he is. 

Just now, TJB-fox said:

I think Maguire is a bit of a fair weather player. Don’t get me wrong I really like the guy and appreciate his great performances for us but is he the guy, that  rock solid centre half and leader you NEED when the chips are down? I don’t think he is. 

Let’s be honest he ‘made his name’ in the 2018 World Cup. Southgate played with five defenders and sometimes  two defensively minded midfielders against some bang average sides. It was easy for Harry to look like a world beater. Our defence did not improve markedly when he played for us. At £80m he really is a bust

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

I can never get my head around people who take the piss out of foreign managers/players speaking English (Puel when he was here for example) when they won't be able to put two words together in another language themselves.

Fair play to Emerey, Puel, Pochettino or anybody that comes over here and attempts to speak English.

Embarrassing that some like Bale has been able to learn Spanish to a level that reflects how long he has been there

Guest An Sionnach
2 minutes ago, 49er said:

Embarrassing that some like Bale has been able to learn Spanish to a level that reflects how long he has been there

I read somewhere that Pep spent two hours every day on his German and he was pretty good in the end , Cload managed us and Southampton and never seemed to get any better.

7 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

He's a decent centre half, that's it. When you pay £80m you want a genuine World Class player which he isn't. Maguire will never be as good as Ferdinand, Vidic, Stam etc.

When Maguire was here I always found it strange that his mistakes were glossed over yet Morgan would make a mistake and get battered.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Koke said:

I wonder if Beckham and Gareth Bale are/were mocked for their Spanish by the Spaniards. I have no problem with the "good ebening" jokes by Arse fans but the guy started learning English 18 months ago, it has no bearing on his ability to manage.

Marca won't leave Bale alone just because he likes golf for **** sakes, I agree that bashing someone for their English when they speak about ten languages and you speak one is a bit shit but let's not pretend the Spanish media are angels. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I can never get my head around people who take the piss out of foreign managers/players speaking English (Puel when he was here for example) when they won't be able to put two words together in another language themselves.

Fair play to Emerey, Puel, Pochettino or anybody that comes over here and attempts to speak English.

Especially when they also get criticised if they decide to use an interpreter instead. One of those things that only becomes an issue once results start to slip

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

What?! These managers get paid ridiculous amounts of money. Part of the job spec is the ability to communicate effectively with players and the media in the country where they are working. If they want a top job in the Premier League they should spend some of their small fortunes on taking English lessons - and furthermore improving their English continuously while they are here - so that they can speak sufficiently well to AVOID people taking the piss out of them.

I don’t buy into your theory one little bit.

And just for the record, yeah, I have a degree in French and German and have worked in those countries. If I couldn’t make myself properly understood, it embarrassed me and I vowed to improve my vocabulary and fluency. It’s not that difficult if you set your mind to it and make a real effort. Puel, Emery and the like get no sympathy from me.

• Like 3