Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

All of the "Manchester United have an average age of X, such faith in youngsters" shit is starting to piss me off. It's great they're giving the academy players opportunities and giving them game time. But, the reason for it is frankly their recruitment has been nothing short of woeful. That and a few injuries is why they're getting these opportunities. Mix in the fact their europa league game was basically a friendly given they've got qualification already. 

Its great academy players are getting chances, just annoying that as per all context is forgotten

• Like 1

https://talksport.com/football/635671/how-much-premier-league-wages-injured-players-news-alexis-sanchez-kevin-de-bruyne/

How much every Premier League club paid injured players in the 2018/19 season – with Alexis Sanchez and Kevin De Bruyne pocketing more than £14m combined

20. Wolves: £889,000 (Final Premier League Position – 7th)
19. Cardiff: £3.36m (Position – 18th)
18. Fulham: £3.68m (Position – 19th)
17. Leicester: £3.9m (Position – 9th)

16. Huddersfield: £4.17m (Position – 20th)
15. Burnley: £4.27m (Position – 15th)
14. Brighton: £4.47m (Position – 17th)
13. Watford: £5.05m (Position – 11th)

12. Bournemouth: £6.11m (Position – 14th)
11. Newcastle: £6.22m (Position – 13th)
10. Chelsea: £6.57m (Position – 3rd)
9. Everton: £6.72m (Position – 8th)

8. Southampton: £7.63m (Position – 16th)
7. Crystal Palace: £8.01m (Position – 12th)
6. Liverpool: £12.06m (Position – 2nd)
5. Tottenham: £13.65m (Position – 4th)

4. West Ham: £14.64m (Position – 10th)
3. Arsenal: £19.85m (Position – 5th)
2. Manchester City: £24.95m (Position – 1st)
1. Manchester United: £25.7m (Position – 6th)

22 minutes ago, SAFC1 said:

Rooney was always quality, just as a youngster he was THAT good, people expected more later on in his career. 

I'm not making any comments on Rooney's talent or ability. It's just the fact that when he first burst onto the scene as an explosive 16 year old, by the time he was 23 which is Alli's age right now, he'd played 7 years of top flight football before his body had actually finished growing and maturing.

The years of football had obviously already taken their toll and his body just couldn't keep it up. His lifestyle didn't help compared to his former teammate, Ronaldo who's still going at the highest level.

Contrast it to Vardy who didn't play top flight till he was almost 28 and we're now still seeing Vardy getting better and better. 

46 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

To be honest I find it even more annoying with Chelsea. 

Chelsea are playing kids that they shouldn't actually have, that they broke rules for, that they were mass criticised for never playing, that they hoard just to make money off ONLY because they got punished for doing exactly all that. 

And yet the media are tripping over themselves to praise them for now playing youth wtf. 

Brilliantly put tbh, think I've complained about that before.

Like I said, it's great the young players are getting opportunities to play. 

But its the context, that you've mentioned, that the media continually forgets. The young players this ban is probably about. So it's great they're playing, but lets not forget why any of them are there in the first place.

Haven't the FA or someone brought in a rule limiting the number of loans due to the crazy amount Chelsea sent out? 

We struggled to adapt to the Thu-Sun routine at first but now we've settled and are in good form. Particularly Jimenez who has got his 15th goal of the season tonight, and a brace of assists on top. Traore is coming good now, and when Jota starts firing goals in too we'll really start looking dangerous. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Bear said:

We struggled to adapt to the Thu-Sun routine at first but now we've settled and are in good form. Particularly Jimenez who has got his 15th goal of the season tonight, and a brace of assists on top. Traore is coming good now, and when Jota starts firing goals in too we'll really start looking dangerous. 

Who do you think will replace Nuno after the weekend? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Fair play to Wolves, after a rocky start, they really are having a great season so far.

(Surely Nuno won’t go to Arsenal, that would be mad)

Why would it be mad? He's got complete backing at Wolves sure, but you'd imagine Emery being sacked Arsenal will probably finish above them. I'm a bit confused as to why Arsenal would want him, his pedigree is Emery level or a little below that, seems a bit like for like to me. Wolves are back on track, but the table does flatter to deceive a bit, you go on a little run this season and bang you're in 5th

Edited by The Horse's Mouth
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, TK95 said:

Looking at that shortlist, how did none of our young guns make it :thumbdown:

IMG_20191128_131555.jpg

Probably because of the actual age of our players as already mentioned plus a hell of a lot of those have played in Europe so get more coverage/publicity.

2 hours ago, SAFC1 said:

Rooney was always quality, just as a youngster he was THAT good, people expected more later on in his career. 

They used to debate who would be the better player out of Rooney or Ronaldo.

I think we all know who won that one.