Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

with Arsenal fan tv and the daily Arsenal on Talksport, Arsenal's problems have been highlighted for years and years and yet they have done nothing meaningful to sort it out and that stems from the top downwards. their owners are crap with the likes of  Stan Kroenke only in it to make very large pocketfuls of cash for himself. their defence has been useless for years and they have no leaders on the pitch or in the dressing room. it all stems from Wenger being there too long and settling for mediocrity.

5 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Charlie Nicholas on SSN just said... Go all out and get Brendan Rodgers in now!! 

.. Could he leave? 

he is 50/1 to go so if you want something to soften the blow if he does go, get on it.

Honestly Arsenal and their fans will think Rodgers is a downgrade. They will go for someone that has a higher profile. Ancellotti, Alegri or even Poch would be my guesses.

3 minutes ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

Im very relaxed about all of this. Just cant see Rodgers leaving at this stage, we'll be fine :-)

Money talks though.. 

Arse are in a mess at the moment, but these big jobs don't come round very often. 

I fear if the right (massive) offer comes in that BR could be tempted. 

1 minute ago, weller54 said:

Money talks though.. 

Arse are in a mess at the moment, but these big jobs don't come round very often. 

Brendan doesn’t fit their entitled profile. It will be Poch or Nuno. 

• Haha 1

Ljunberg may give the players a lift and a sense of direction but they may fall foul to what happened at Man U with Solkjaer. They cant afford to be in a position where they have to give Ljunberg the job.

Be direct in what they want to do. If they want Rodgers then put up the money and act like a big club. Luckily for us this wont happen as they wont want to spend the money getting him.

Poch is there, go all out for him as it would be a massive middle finger up to Spurs. Which would be hilarious lol 

The only coaches in the prem that would be good enough for that job are Klopp, Guardiola, Poch and Rodgers. I don't think any other coach would succeed long term.

Allegri would be a positive appointment but he doesn't know the prem. For me it has to be Poch. He knows the league, he knows London and when Spurs were playing for him they looked a dangerous team against anyone.

10 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

he is 50/1 to go so if you want something to soften the blow if he does go, get on it.

Honestly Arsenal and their fans will think Rodgers is a downgrade. They will go for someone that has a higher profile. Ancellotti, Alegri or even Poch would be my guesses.

Deluded if they think they can get that quality of manager. They can’t even get Brendan Rodgers..

3 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Money talks though.. 

We can offer him excellent wage plus a transfer budget, not to mention we're in a much better position than them currently both in the league and as a club

• Like 1

He's only recently mentioned that he and his family are enjoying life in Leicestershire and, combined with his current success at LCFC, doubt he'll want to uproot the excellent progress he has made at the expense of his family and his reputation.

• Like 1

Even now they seem to be taking the wrong/cheap route surely they should follow our example and go all out for their preferred choice especially if it's someone unfamiliar with the PL and give them the rest of this season to acclimatise/plan their recruitment.

I think getting Pochettino would be a bigger statement than getting Rodgers on the face of it, whether or not it means he'd do a better job I don't know.

Being out of work, he'd be cheaper too. Poch seems such an obvious fit that it's clear it won't happen. 

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie

1 minute ago, weller54 said:

How much was Pepe? 

Yes I thought this might happen. Yes he was expensive. But they could do with a good number of new players. Rather thinking that one big money signing will solve their problems.

17 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Money talks though.. 

The big jobs come round all too often. Not many last longer than 3 years... 

• Like 1

If the Arsenal board have any sense they will go Pochettino. In due time he will rebuild the club, clear the deadwood and useless players and get them challenging for titles again.

• Like 1