Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

i'm not really sure i care about what his "stats" are, i ain't playing fifa. 

if you want to work out how good he is just watch him play. he's like a dad playing in a kid's game most weeks. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Desabafar said:

This season: 11 games, 2 goals and 4 assists

Would seem a bit unfair to use his stats from 4 years ago as a 20 year old making his debut to assess how good he is now. 

5 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Also a 20 year old, making his debut in an awful Villa team, one of the worst in Premier League history.

Why oh why oh why are people so obsessed these days with picking and choosing stats to back up their bullshit arguments?

We get it, the Bear is a Wolves fan, he probably doesn't like Villa and Grealish. So just go ahead and say so, quoting some irrelevant skewed stats doesn't make your opinion a fact......

32 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Why oh why oh why are people so obsessed these days with picking and choosing stats to back up their bullshit arguments?

We get it, the Bear is a Wolves fan, he probably doesn't like Villa and Grealish. So just go ahead and say so, quoting some irrelevant skewed stats doesn't make your opinion a fact......

I though that was pretty clear without having to spell it out for people. 

It's highly unlikely we'd give permission for Arsenal to speak to Nuno, and even more unlikely he'd want to leave for them. 

9 hours ago, Koke said:

Also, Wolves play counter attacking football. They're happy for oppositions to have 60-70% possession. This is suitable for Wolves as they're happy to be underdogs but big clubs will not accept being dominated at home by by Lowe mid table clubs. I dont think Buno is a good fit for Arsenal.

I don't think he'll go because he's clearly well in with the chairman at Wolves, but why would Arsenal fans care if they play counter attacking football if they're winning? It doesn't necessarily mean it isn't entertaining. You can't be "dominated" by a mid-table club if you end up winning the game, regardless of how much possession they might have.

3 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I don't think he'll go because he's clearly well in with the chairman at Wolves, but why would Arsenal fans care if they play counter attacking football if they're winning? It doesn't necessarily mean it isn't entertaining. You can't be "dominated" by a mid-table club if you end up winning the game, regardless of how much possession they might have.

Because it isn't guarantee winning. Nuno has struggled a lot against bottom half teams both this season and last season. He doesn't know how to break them down. We've just figured it now and we're not doing it by counter attacking and having 40% possession.

Just now, Koke said:

Because it isn't guarantee winning. Nuno has struggled a lot against bottom half teams both this season and last season. He doesn't know how to break them down. We've just figured it now and we're not doing it by counter attacking and having 40% possession.

No, but if he was at Arsenal, and playing counter-attacking footy, it isn't a given the fans would get restless, and certainly doesn't equate to being "dominated" because they play on the break.

I don't think Nuno would go Arsenal, he would speak to them but I don't Arsenal at the moment could do enough to convince him to go. There's not really a clear view of ambition at Arsenal. Wolves is probably a better bet at the moment. It would be interesting to see who would be their second choice if Nuno told them to stuff it? 

I wouldn't be surprised if Arsenal took a gamble and went for the young Red Bull Leipzig manager Julian Nagelsmann, he's only look 32! but comes highly reccommended. Tottenham were considering him aswell.  

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

I don't think Nuno would go Arsenal, he would speak to them but I don't Arsenal at the moment could do enough to convince him to go. There's not really a clear view of ambition at Arsenal. Wolves is probably a better bet at the moment. It would be interesting to see who would be their second choice if Nuno told them to stuff it? 

Heard David moyes is looking for a job

Don't see why Nuno would go to Arsenal, or any manager tbh. Its a poisoned chalice, the whole place needs a shake up and the fans don't have the patience to allow that to happen. Unless you were given promises to be given a certain amount of time, then I'd stay well away 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Don't see why Nuno would go to Arsenal, or any manager tbh. Its a poisoned chalice, the whole place needs a shake up and the fans don't have the patience to allow that to happen. Unless you were given promises to be given a certain amount of time, then I'd stay well away 

Give me 10 million a year and I’d do it, I’d even throw in  aftv interviewing me  any time they want to.

What’s it going to take for the media to stop pushing players and managers to these so called ‘big clubs’?

Half of the problem is these plastic Arsenal, Man Utd etc fans believing they deserve the world.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Arsenal took a gamble and went for the young Red Bull Leipzig manager Julian Nagelsmann, he's only look 32! but comes highly reccommended. Tottenham were considering him aswell.  

He only moved to Red Bull in the summer.  No chance they’d move for someone with a relatively low profile either

Nuno would be brilliant for arsenal as hes a top manager, but it's annoying how the so called bigger clubs just think they can just waltz in and take any player or manager. Wolves are a really good club and have built a decent side which are challenging the traditional top sides like we are and fairplay to them. He would be mad to go to such a crazy club. Hopefully he at least sees out the season and they get a european place, as well run clubs like both of us should be rewarded over money obsessed PR machines. 

Edited by North Leeds Fox
  • Like 1

Wolves' trajectory is upwards, Arsenal's is downwards. I think even by fans too much credence is given to a club's stature rather than how good they actually are. It happened at the start of the season when our fans were downplaying how good we are and overplaying the strength of Man United and Arsenal (I'll hold my hands up and say that I thought Chelsea would struggle). I don't see NES leaving but even then I don't think it'd be a good fit for their squad or their expectations. Quique Setien would be brilliant fun, not exactly sure he's what they need but I could see it happening.

• Like 1

Some berk on Twitter said Nuno would be tempted by the European football Arsenal could offer.

Replying to @talkSPORT

Money. Prestige. Potentially, Europa Cup, future Champions League qualification. Do well at Arsenal, he’d be ready for a World Cup campaign with Portugal in 2026. #notanarsenalfanbtw

1 reply0 retweets1 like

Retweet

• Haha 2

If you back yourself as a manager then moving to Arsenal makes perfect sense for Nuno (or Brendan for that matter, maybe Champs League would alter that for a season). As good as Wolves (and Leicester) might be, Arsenal still have a much bigger potential to tap into and a good manager has to fancy themselves to be the one to unleash it, ala Klopp with Liverpool. 

7 hours ago, Corky said:

Nuno has to go to Arsenal. They play Real Madrid and Juventus in pre-season. Who do Wolves play? Redditch Wanderers?

Screen-Shot-2017-03-15-at-09-39-02_trans

There really should be an entire talking heads thread open to us providing the voices for our most humerous detractors. 

Merson, Souness, Mills, Sutton, Lawrenson etc 

• Like 1