Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

To be honest I find it even more annoying with Chelsea. 

Chelsea are playing kids that they shouldn't actually have, that they broke rules for, that they were mass criticised for never playing, that they hoard just to make money off ONLY because they got punished for doing exactly all that. 

And yet the media are tripping over themselves to praise them for now playing youth wtf. 

Out of interest, are the likes of Hudson-Odoi, Loftus-Cheek, Mount, Tomori, Abraham, James etc not local talent that came through the academy after years of being there? It's funny how they literally bought up every young foreign youngster for their academy and then the only players to come through are all English haha.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Out of interest, are the likes of Hudson-Odoi, Loftus-Cheek, Mount, Tomori, Abraham, James etc not local talent that came through the academy after years of being there? It's funny how they literally bought up every young foreign youngster for their academy and then the only players to come through are all English haha.

I read somewhere that most of them have been at Chelsea since they were 8 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

And the aggro they have had because of their academy policy has nothing to do with the youngsters that have come through .......

I reckon Nuno would take the Arsenal job if offered. Regardless of current fortunes it's still a big step up in his career. I actually don't think it'd be the right appointment for Arsenal either. No disrespect to Wolves as I believe Rodgers will leave us for the likes of United in a year or two even in the mess they're in

Edited by foxfanazer

I should probably buy my wife some chocolate on the way back home given what's happening with Arsenal, lol.  Oh well - she can't say she didn't see it coming... (Even if she did think replacing Wenger was a good idea! (Be careful what you wish for! :P ))

EDIT: well, that didn't take long, did it? :P

Edited by PhillippaT

Liverpool plan Anfield Road End expansion to reach about 60,000 capacity

Liverpool have moved forward with plans to extend Anfield's capacity to about 60,000 by inviting local residents to attend public consultation events.

The Premier League leaders hope to develop the stadium's Anfield Road End in a bid to build on the current capacity of 54,074.

Over 5,000 leaflets have been distributed outlining consultation events from 29 November to 4 December.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50501151

Just now, Ric Flair said:

I've a feeling they will be all over Rodgers, highly doubt he'd go but I can see them very publicly going after him.

Apparently they are going to put Freddie Ljungberg in charge. Its going to be a deal until the end of the season.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Langston said:

If Arsenal are reluctant to spend cash on players they aren't going to go after Rodgers considering what he'd cost, surely?

They have paid Emrey 13.5mill so i cant see them paying probably about the same again for Rodgers

Guest An Sionnach
2 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

They have paid Emrey 13.5mill so i cant see them paying probably about the same again for Rodgers

Nobody will succeed at Arsenal until they sort out their defence and at the moment they haven't got the players. Big difference to Spurs , they do have the players. A poisoned chalice to somebody. However if like Emery you can make pile of money before they sack you it might interest the mercenary.

4 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Nobody will succeed at Arsenal until they sort out their defence and at the moment they haven't got the players. Big difference to Spurs , they do have the players. A poisoned chalice to somebody. However if like Emery you can make pile of money before they sack you it might interest the mercenary.

Nobody will succeed until they sort out their behind the scenes issues.