Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Said this after last weeks results before we played but same again. Must win or may as well hand title to Liverpool. We are more and more looking like the only serious challengers at the moment. Ok we win still 8 points lose and it’s 11 behind but Mcfc 14 points behind. Regardless of allegiances can not be good for the league if it’s all over with only 15 games played.

5 minutes ago, steveherbe said:

Jeez, how shit are Bournemouth? Hope they're heading back to league 2 where they belong.

Is Howe getting found out a bit?

Some discontent on their forum .

Seem to be getting lots of injuries too.

Mind you I'd take their position!

1 minute ago, Super_horns said:

Is Howe getting found out a bit?

Some discontent on their forum .

Seem to be getting lots of injuries too.

Mind you I'd take their position!

You'll be fine now you've got Sir Nigel. Might have a fiver on you to win the league!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sm1 said:

I hope we attack Man City and not revert to the negative tactics Brendan used against Utd and Liverpool. Their defence is a shambles. 

Agree. Man Utd for all their issues and stuttering start have shown that mcfc can be got at. I am sure that Rodgers has learnt the lesson from old Trafford that setting up with a defensive formation is not the way to go. Attack them and they are vunerable. Win this one and we are assured of cl next season.

The Son goal reminded me again how good it was when Hamza chopped down Salah.

As much as you hate it when it’s one of your players getting hacked down, when a player burst through like that, someone has got to take one for the team. I’d Be livid if I were a Burnley fan that someone hasn’t put him on his backside when he’s on the half way line. Take the yellow and move on.

Edited by Aus Fox

37 minutes ago, steveherbe said:

Jeez, how shit are Bournemouth? Hope they're heading back to league 2 where they belong.

Very streaky side, they'll not win in 9 then win 4 in a row.

Great to see Man City lose again. I'm sure the media will jump to Pep's defence though.

The guy's never had a difficult job so how can you really know how good he is? Think it's fair to say he's the best coach in the world but manager? Nope. How could you not see the desperate need for a centre back. That was before Kompany went. Moaned about not having enough money but then he went and signed João Cancelo when he already had decent back up at right back.

I've really started to appreciate how amazing Fergie was now. You have to constantly refresh the cycle every 3-5 years to stay competitive so to do that for 20 years is incredible.

Would love to see Pep actually take a challenging job.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

The Championship?

With that sort of defence and a goalscorer who knows .

We might even get a penalty!!

Big Nige looked like he meant business with his suit and specs. That's the smartest I've seen him. You'll be alright if he's allowed to run things the way he likes, which with your owners seems unlikely. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

The Championship?

With that sort of defence and a goalscorer who knows .

We might even get a penalty!!

NFP is to be respected, I know he only has a contract till the end of the season, but I feel he can turn you around now... and get a response from the players... for me Watford are a better team than their position. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

NFP is to be respected, I know he only has a contract till the end of the season, but I feel he can turn you around now... and get a response from the players... for me Watford are a better team than their position. 

Wouldn't it get Christmas off to a good start if Big Nige got 3 points* off Liverpool next weekend? The guy is a legend.

*even one would start to make it a bit tasty.

• Like 4