Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

22 minutes ago, john ridley said:

So we weren't the only team outclassed  this weekend ,it happens to every team at some time .

Exactly, and we got outclassed, correctly put, by a team put together for mega millions and who won the league 2 years running. No shame in that. We have played most top sides away already - Liverpool / Man City / Chelsea and United and still sit 2nd in the league with a good chance of a cup final. 

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Some key games over festive period from Thursday (in addition to ours against Liverpool)...

26th Dec
Villa vs Norwich (18th vs 19th)
Bournemouth vs Arsenal (14th vs 11th)
Man Utd vs Newcastle (8th vs 9th)

28th Dec (table positions at the moment)
Brighton vs Bournemouth (13th vs 14th)
Watford vs Villa (20th vs 18th)
Burnley vs Man Utd (10th vs 8th)

Wow.  Massive week for Villa. 

Lose both and you would think they are heading down. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

One of the best footballers in the premier league regardless. Prefer him over a diving cheat like mane.

One of his sending offs was never a red card against Everton, just unfortunate what followed in Gomes’ fall. Today was harsh too but correct decision, don’t think it makes him a bad person but clearly his heart rules him rather than his head and pro footballers at the top level aren’t afforded that leniency. But like I say, much prefer an honest player like son who wears his heart on his sleeve than mane or sterling diving and cheating. 

Nah I don’t buy it mate. He is a diver. He is a fraud. He is a cheat and he plays for spurs. So much to dislike

• Like 2

It's actually ended up a half decent weekend for us.

Okay we got zero points away at Man City but that was always likely.

Of those chasing top four Tottenham lost at home in a game they would want at least a point, Man Utd lost to the bottom side in a game they really needed to win and Arsenal only getting a point away at Everton is neither here nor there if they have top four ambitions. We could have done without Wolves winning as they're now an outside chance of catching us but I can't say I'm disappointed how the league table looks like after this weekend's games. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

One of the best footballers in the premier league regardless. Prefer him over a diving cheat like mane.

One of his sending offs was never a red card against Everton, just unfortunate what followed in Gomes’ fall. Today was harsh too but correct decision, don’t think it makes him a bad person but clearly his heart rules him rather than his head and pro footballers at the top level aren’t afforded that leniency. But like I say, much prefer an honest player like son who wears his heart on his sleeve than mane or sterling diving and cheating. 

haha son is always diving

Spurs are surely not a threat if we maintain anything like decent form.  Their wins against West Ham and Bournemouth owed much to their front men as they conceded twice each game. Losing to yanited and Chelsea .... the win at wolves undeserved...the only decent performance was their thumping of Burnley .... they simply cannot defend and any jan signings need to bed in 

7 hours ago, 49er said:

But who have they got that is quality? Pogba is a bust, as is Maguire. Rashford flatters to deceive. Martial is also a bust. Matic and Mata are past their sell by date. Lindelof is an average defender. Shaw is overweight.Fred is a waste of money

Uh - I think that's pretty much what I said?

Sons sending today was pure stupidity, why the hell would he think he could get away with kicking out with his legs at chest height? He's a class player but lets not make out he's any better than other players. I particularly didn't like how he came out of the Gomes injury with a better reputation, he contributed to breaking a guys leg just after diving trying to win a penalty.  He's just as bad as most players 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Sons sending today was pure stupidity, why the hell would he think he could get away with kicking out with his legs at chest height? He's a class player but lets not make out he's any better than other players. I particularly didn't like how he came out of the Gomes injury with a better reputation, he contributed to breaking a guys leg just after diving trying to win a penalty.  He's just as bad as most players 

He’s no saint but that’s a bit harsh concerning the Gomes injury. That one was a freak accident that would have upset most people if they had been involved. The red card he got from it was one of the worst refereeing decisions I’ve seen as well.

Just now, peach0000 said:

He’s no saint but that’s a bit harsh concerning the Gomes injury. That one was a freak accident that would have upset most people if they had been involved. The red card he got from it was one of the worst refereeing decisions I’ve seen as well.

Maybe unpopular but he could've been off for a 2nd yellow card. 

Also the worst officiating decision is taken by Anthony Taylor award a spurs free kick from Gazziniga karate kicking alonso

10 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

he booted someone without any attempt of winning the ball. it was ridiculous. he's either got the mental age of a 3 year old who cannot control his emotions or he is a horrible little man. either way i'm not sure he deserves any sympathy which is all he seems to be getting, every time he get sent off.

• Like 1

Added to the list of reasons I hate Spurs:

- Dehli Alley again getting away with starting fights on the pitch

- Son protesting against getting sent off after clearly trying to heel someone in the stomach. He also shoulder barges someone on the way off the pitch

- Idiot fans lobbing coffee at players

- idiot fans being racist