Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

21 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Terrible.

On what grounds is it not a red card?!

I get Rudiger's over-reacted but it's not like Son didn't kick out at him.

How can they appeal a red decision taken by the VAR ....... I mean when was the last time son got a var red and it was rescinded ?.....oh yeah !

no chance on this one surely ......and he should get an extra game for a frivolous appeal !

15 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

How can they appeal a red decision taken by the VAR ....... I mean when was the last time son got a var red and it was rescinded ?.....oh yeah !

no chance on this one surely ......and he should get an extra game for a frivolous appeal !

Surely this being violent conduct and a straight red it should give a 3 game ban?

When I saw it first time I did think Son might have moved his legs up because he thought Rudiger was going to fall on him - he didn't really use a lot of force. That's the only reason I think they'd appeal. Doubt it'll be successful.

Edited by Guesty

28 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Surely this being violent conduct and a straight red it should give a 3 game ban?

It is I think.

Just seen Mourinho saying he doesn't think he should be punished 5 times.

Once for the foul Rudiger did on him, Twice being sent off, Third not playing against Brighton, Fourth not playing against Sheff Utd, Fifth not playing against Southampton.

So I agree hopefully he doesn't get punished 5 times, hopefully he gets punished 6 if as some are saying he'll get an extra game ban for a frivolous appeal.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Jose already sounding like miserable Jose. .... instead of being positive and saying the squad is more than capable of dealing without him for three games ...... he moans and groans ...... I love miserable Jose ..... the miserabler the better !!

This is what I cannot understand, Jose worked with Sir Bobby Robson for a number of years and yet none of Sir Bobbys charm and friendliness seems to of rubbed off on him.

3 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

This is what I cannot understand, Jose worked with Sir Bobby Robson for a number of years and yet none of Sir Bobbys charm and friendliness seems to of rubbed off on him.

May be some heavy weight boxer has been flirting with his wife?  Mahrez is pretty grumpy these days...

Think it's brilliant that a current Leicester player and an ex Leicester player are mentioned around the prem team of the decade. Had you told me in 2010 we'd be a consistent prem side, having won the league, I'd have laughed at you. We've come a bloody long way.

• Like 1

Just watching MOTD2 back and Danny Murphy (shock) says 'Son isn't that kind of player' as the replays show him kick out at Rudiger.

Doing that kind of thing makes you that kind of player lol. I know it's Murphy so perhaps needs to be taken with a pinch of salt but it's just lazy journalism saying player X 'isn't that kind of player', especially given it's not his first instance of it either. 

• Like 3