Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

19 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

You won’t get that, Dermot will say it’s the correct decision for both ones a penalty and one not a penalty 

I really want an explanation of the differences, less for satisfaction, more generally to understand whats going on

• Like 1

Completely forgot to mention how hilarious it was earlier when Willian tried rolling into the box after being fouled outside it to try and win a penalty. Mate they have cameras that can spot when your nose hair is offside, watched by people talking to the ref, they aren't falling for that lol

11 minutes ago, 49er said:

He’s been a commentator since the seventies.Started off at Yorkshire tv covering Leeds and Sheff Utd

I can see a pattern there. Most of the commentators I know are working for decades. The sad thing is, there's little to no quality control at tv and they seem to put up with so called household names like Tyler or Champion for ages simply because most of the fans are so used to them, instead of making some periodic assesments and giving a chance to some new voices, possibly more professional ones. 

What grates my nerves the most is the big club bias most of the English commentators seem to have (not all, to be fair!). It's something unprecedented for me because in Poland and most of the Eastern Europe people in general (and that includes the commentators and pundits across all media) tend to cheer for the underdog and are more restrained in praise for the obvious favourite/big club. So during the same game you can hear the Polish commentators giving Leicester heaps of praise for standing up to the big club and players showing the character, while on the English stream they barely get a mention, and it's all about how beautiful the football ManCity/ Spuds/ Chelski are playing is. Maybe that's a cultural thing or something, I have no idea.

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

I know but Rudiger doesn’t need to do that ...  one was dirty and rightly got a red ..  the other is just a fookin cheat.

Yeah, common place nowadays unfortunately. What I would say though is would it have been checked by VAR without Rudigers reaction bringing it to attention? 

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

Yeah, common place nowadays unfortunately. What I would say though is would it have been checked by VAR without Rudigers reaction bringing it to attention? 

Quite. That’s why players overreact to the slightest touch.  They know it’s advantageous to do so.