Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

21 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

he booted someone without any attempt of winning the ball. it was ridiculous. he's either got the mental age of a 3 year old who cannot control his emotions or he is a horrible little man. either way i'm not sure he deserves any sympathy which is all he seems to be getting, every time he get sent off.

He tripped someone. No different to what Hamza did to Salah and he’s painted as a saint on here.

3 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

He tripped someone. No different to what Hamza did to Salah and he’s painted as a saint on here.

Hamza has been branded a dirty player by Klopp and Bruce, along with racist abuse online. Son got none of that. Hamza isn't a saint and this forum shows he tackles fiercely at times.

edit: in fact son came out of it with the public feeling sorry for him fgs.

Edited by UniFox21

6 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Only difference is he missed the ball, both reckless. Collision inevitable in both

Gazzaniga doesn’t need to come out that far, Ederson is in his 6yard area spreading his body to try and make a point blank save from a winger running at him full tilt. If Barnes scores (and he has to) he still collides with Ederson in that fashion. Ederson has nowhere to go, Gazzaniga doesn’t need to be out on his 18yard line with his foot above head height

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

hamza put in a tackle and didn’t get the ball. son literally doesn’t know where the ball is. he just kicks him because he wants to, because he is either a petulant child or a horrible man. 

which is probably why he tried to plant two sets of studs in rudiger’s chest today because spurs were losing. 

Edited by ScouseFox

He's playing to the crowd and being a twat imo here. If Sky publicly accuse Tory and Labour parties of increasing racism in the country it'll  just end in law suits against them for big bucks. But he knows that and as per is trying to be controversial 

• Like 1

How did Barnes not get a red card yesterday? Literally studded the Bournemouth player in the side of the face with a high boot and escaped with no punishment. 

Same with Billing escaping punishment. Lashed out with an elbow/swinging arm on the Burnley player and got away with it. 

18 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Tbf David Jones has explained why he intervened and apologised for not saying making it clear:

I don't think neither David Jones or Sky needed to saying anything following Neville's speech as such. Cause now they making themselves look bad. All that David Jones needed to say and at the end of discussion "Well it's certainly issue that I'm sure many will debate on". 

Sky wanted to distance themselves from Neville's word's of him criticising the premier league. due to the fact they don't want to lose their rights in years to come. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

25 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

hamza put in a tackle and didn’t get the ball. son literally doesn’t know where the ball is. he just kicks him because he wants to, because he is either a petulant child or a horrible man. 

which is probably why he tried to plant two sets of studs in rudiger’s chest today because spurs were losing. 

Just not what happened though. Hamza tripped the man with no intention of getting the ball just like Son did. I personally don't have a problem with it, it's part of the game and the rules are clear that it is a yellow card. It's just hypocrisy for people to go after son on one day and defend hamza on another about incidents that are essentially the same.

On another note Son is probably the dirtiest player in the division at the moment as he can't control his temper. The incident today and the one against bournemouth clearly shows that. I'm not going to defend him in that regard.

5 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Just not what happened though. Hamza tripped the man with no intention of getting the ball just like Son did. I personally don't have a problem with it, it's part of the game and the rules are clear that it is a yellow card. It's just hypocrisy for people to go after son on one day and defend hamza on another about incidents that are essentially the same.

On another note Son is probably the dirtiest player in the division at the moment as he can't control his temper. The incident today and the one against bournemouth clearly shows that. I'm not going to defend him in that regard.

I suspect you might be being willfully ignorant here. Hamza's at least looked like a challenge for the ball, even if he knew he was too late. Son kicked the man with the ball nowhere to be seen. There's a huge difference.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gerard said:

It's actually ended up a half decent weekend for us.

Okay we got zero points away at Man City but that was always likely.

Of those chasing top four Tottenham lost at home in a game they would want at least a point, Man Utd lost to the bottom side in a game they really needed to win and Arsenal only getting a point away at Everton is neither here nor there if they have top four ambitions. We could have done without Wolves winning as they're now an outside chance of catching us but I can't say I'm disappointed how the league table looks like after this weekend's games. 

We don’t like it when the media / other teams fans ignore that we exist, so don’t forget Sheff Utd (currently sat in 5th ahead of 3 other teams you did mention). They have just as much of a chance as Wolves at top 4/6 IMO.

Edited by brucey
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Sons sending today was pure stupidity, why the hell would he think he could get away with kicking out with his legs at chest height? He's a class player but lets not make out he's any better than other players. I particularly didn't like how he came out of the Gomes injury with a better reputation, he contributed to breaking a guys leg just after diving trying to win a penalty.  He's just as bad as most players 

Korean culture is weighted around maintaining and saving face. There's probably an element of that involved. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DanNDH88 said:

Spot on from Neville here. Just a shame David Jones and Sky both don’t have a spine.

To be fair Boris is threatening to act against every other media company that dares question him so they're only being sensible*.

Neville should have gone further and linked the sort of anti-immigrant headlines Murdoch's Sun newspaper has pumped out for decades.

*Yes, by being spineless

8 hours ago, StanSP said:

Jose lol totally missing the point as per. Also understand he loves to protect his players but he can do that and not be an arsehole all the time. 

Yes but Rutiger’s reaction was ridiculous. I notice he took a little time off from rolling around in agony to get a sly look at the ref.

Look at lee dixon https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7786585/amp/Lee-Dixon-subjected-barrage-abuse-saying-not-vote-Jeremy-Corbyn.html probably part of one of the best defences the team ever had. Shold never suffer abuse from fans for who you vote for!!! He didn't even vote for boris!

Edited by tylesta

What were people expecting from Sky Sports pundits? To openly violate their contracts? I'm pretty sure they have clauses in effect that prevent them from bringing politics into their panel discussions.

Just because they don't add to Neville's rant doesn't mean they don't share the same or similar views.

Collymore either knows this - and then he's controversial for the sake of it. Or he doesn't - which makes him look stupid. Or he's both.

I also find it a bit simplistic and somewhat dangerous to talk about a "racism problem in English football" - it is, after all, a subjective claim from Neville's point of view. He would need proof to further back it up.

I don't see it as a general issue, not as big as Neville makes it out to be, not yet - however, it seems more acceptable for certain people from a personal, individual perspective to act completely braindead towards players from ethnic minorities again and to bring derogatory views into football stadiums.

It may be racism, it most definitely is stupidity and cowardice that comes into play - the fact that they thought they wouldn't be caught says it all (say hello to the camera). I doubt these grown-up men would react the same towards Africans or Asians on the street, during a regular weekday. They are backward pussies, emboldened by their "group", then trying to hide in the crowd.

What is clear is that these kind of reactions have no place in football, be it in the stands or on the pitch. I thought we had learned from the past 30 to 40 years?

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Yes but Rutiger’s reaction was ridiculous. I notice he took a little time off from rolling around in agony to get a sly look at the ref.

I agree Rudiger's reaction was over the top but doesn't excuse the fact Son kicked out at him.