Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

11 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

One of the best footballers in the premier league regardless. Prefer him over a diving cheat like mane.

One of his sending offs was never a red card against Everton, just unfortunate what followed in Gomes’ fall. Today was harsh too but correct decision, don’t think it makes him a bad person but clearly his heart rules him rather than his head and pro footballers at the top level aren’t afforded that leniency. But like I say, much prefer an honest player like son who wears his heart on his sleeve than mane or sterling diving and cheating. 

I agree, stepped in when Kane was injured and scored goals, great finisher.

He was roughed up by Rudiger in the challenge initially so guess he was showing his displeasure by kicking out. The kick wouldn't have broke the skin off a rice pudding but Rudiger fell like he'd been kicked by Jean-Claude Van Damm, he's a fcuking cheat and Son's a fcuking idiot.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tylesta said:

Why bring the general election in to it. Racist idiots have been at it long before this general election.

Totally agree. I'm definitely not a Boris lover but to claim him or any other politician is responsible is almost entirely false and I believe is just being done to score cheap political points. People don't turn racist over night it's a deep routed problem that can only be solved through education at an early age. Unfortunately the views of 'older racists' are very unlikely to change so focus should be put on the younger generation to make sure this isn't an issue in the decades to come.

39 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Didn't realise Shakey was back with Pearson til I watched MofD2 last night. Good to see the band back together. I hope they keep watford up. X

Agree. It’s not a popular opinion on here but I actually like Deeney and I think his combative attitude can be key to getting the team spirit sorted. Pearson and Shakespeare have always rated him and wanted him here some seasons back .If they can get a tune out of Sarr who had a good game but has looked like a complete Turkey for the most part they might just do it - hopefully at the expense of some time wasters like Everton or Southampton 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Totally agree. I'm definitely not a Boris lover but to claim him or any other politician is responsible is almost entirely false and I believe is just being done to score cheap political points. People don't turn racist over night it's a deep routed problem that can only be solved through education at an early age. Unfortunately the views of 'older racists' are very unlikely to change so focus should be put on the younger generation to make sure this isn't an issue in the decades to come.

Education is one thing but kids learn from their parents ..... what they hear them say they are likely to repeat .... the adults need  dealing with too !! For another thread ....

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Agree. It’s not a popular opinion on here but I actually like Deeney and I think his combative attitude can be key to getting the team spirit sorted. Pearson and Shakespeare have always rated him and wanted him here some seasons back .If they can get a tune out of Sarr who had a good game but has looked like a complete Turkey for the most part they might just do it - hopefully at the expense of some time wasters like Everton or Southampton 

Yeah I've alwys liked Deeney, wish we'd have signed him instead of Slimani. It's just good to see big Nige back. 

Best word I've seen to describe Son, that isn't offensive, is retaliatory.

His last 3 red cards have all been from stupid acts. Tripped Gomes up after not getting a few decisions his way, kicked out at Rudiger after Chelsea had been all over them and a similar incident against Bournemouth. 

1 hour ago, peach0000 said:

Are you sure?  You've just jumped in to defend him by name from an accusation put squarely against, and I quote, "both main parties and the leaders of both main parties". lol

Edited by Carl the Llama
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Are you sure?  You've just jumped in to defend him by name from an accusation put squarely against, and I quote, "both main parties and the leaders of both main parties". lol

To be fair, Boris is a lucky idiot, where as Corbyn is a calculating creep.

Also, the racists have always been there and pretty vocal and that includes black, white and Asian but the media are highlighting the white supremacist jerks just as they are the anti semitic stuff in Labour before they forget about them to move onto something else down the line.

5 hours ago, tylesta said:

Why bring the general election in to it. Racist idiots have been at it long before this general election.

It is relevant that the two people that wanted to be PM have checkered histories with racism and the parties they lead have reported problems with racism. It helps normalise it and emboldens people though it might not be directly relevant. 

But also its very convenient for people that buried their head in the sand and thought wearing t shirts a couple of times a year was sufficient and the problem was going away. It never was but thankfully its largely better than reported and acted on now. Idk if it's more or less prevelant now than it was but its more visible and that's useful for making a stand. 

I've not witnessed racism at the football for a few years, albeit I go less, but between 2012 and 2014 I witnessed it on multiple occasions. Shamefully I didn't report it on any occasion and as far as I'm aware nobody else did. A significant number of Forest fans with Islamophobia outside the KP in 2013, our own fans at Barnsley in 2013, a group of our own fans singing about Papis Cisse and ebola at Newcastle in 2014, Bristol City fans shouting racist comments across the partition in either 2012 or 2013, are the ones that come to mind straight away but I'm sure there were a couple more. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

To be fair, Boris is a lucky idiot, where as Corbyn is a calculating creep.

Also, the racists have always been there and pretty vocal and that includes black, white and Asian but the media are highlighting the white supremacist jerks just as they are the anti semitic stuff in Labour before they forget about them to move onto something else down the line.

We're talking about Neville's comments and his decision to bring the election into it so let's not go off on tangents about 'the media' (incidentally Sky's response has been to distance themselves from the comments).  Neville's words were unequivocal in making it about all kinds of racism and singled out no individual more than anyone else but it did highlight that it's no surprise to see people thinking they can get away with these things when you see the reluctance to address racism from both sides of our political elites.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

How sad we built ours when bowl stadiums were en vogue. 

Hindsight's a wonderful thing but I was going to say earlier it's a shame ours was built when it was before the era of these 'super' stadiums, although back then we most definetly wouldn't have been able to afford a 'super' stadium or have the need.

When it was built it put us in alot of money trouble, although Peter Taylor had a big hand to play it that also, a mixture of the stadium, Taylor and other things it put us on our arse.

Whilst given what we've done at King Power stadium it does feel more at home now, given us lots of memories but it's not the greatest of stadia is it, along with it being built in an era where there were alot of similar 'of the shelf' stadiums built.

I still prefer Filbert Street but think that's more from a nostalgic view point.

I'm hoping when we have our extention it gives the stadium more character and can be modernised quite dramatically which i'm sure it will but unfortunately I can't see it be to the standard of the big modern stadiums that have and are being built recently.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

Guest Markyblue
47 minutes ago, Matt said:

Hindsight's a wonderful this but I was going to say earlier it's a shame ours was built when it was before the era of these 'super' stadiums, although back then we most definetly wouldn't have been able to afford a 'super' stadium or have the need.

When it was built it put us in alot of money trouble, although Peter Taylor had a big hand to play it that also, a mixture of the stadium, Taylor and other things it put us on our arse.

Whilst given what we've done at King Power stadium it does feel more at home now, given us lots of memories but it's not the greatest of stadia is it, along with it being built in an era where there were alot of similar 'of the shelf' stadiums built.

I still prefer Filbert Street but think that's more from a nostalgic view point.

I'm hoping when we have our extention it gives the stadium more character and can be modernised quite dramatically which i'm sure it will but unfortunately I can't see it be to the standard of the big modern stadiums that have and are being built recently.

Best wait and see.😉

57 minutes ago, Matt said:

Hindsight's a wonderful thing but I was going to say earlier it's a shame ours was built when it was before the era of these 'super' stadiums, although back then we most definetly wouldn't have been able to afford a 'super' stadium or have the need.

My best guess is the stadium will undergo a dramatic change.

The family don't do things by halves. Sticking an extra tier Cardiff style is ugly and cheap.

I'm.gonna take a complete punt at us spending a year at the Ricoh as the family, kop and east stands are totally redesigned. 

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

My best guess is the stadium will undergo a dramatic change.

The family don't do things by halves. Sticking an extra tier Cardiff style is ugly and cheap.

I'm.gonna take a complete punt at us spending a year at the Ricoh as the family, kop and east stands are totally redesigned. 

Yeah you're quite right in saying they don't do things by halves.

What have a horrible thought of spending a year at the Ricoh though! Can't see that but you're only having a punt as you say.

Just realised Bournemouth are 14th. They got 6 defeats in their last 7 games. Eddie Howe's annual slump. This guy will be linked with bigger clubs every year but he doesn't exactly deserve it.