Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

5 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Errm .read his history especially RM-history..hes played and won,more than other top players...He's had a run which would make quite a few envious...

Oh he has but he's not had the love he deserves. Any other player scores a winning champs league goal and they'd get made for life at the club, yet he's getting shat on by all and sundry. If he's happy then fine but, if it was me, I'd perhaps feel like my medals are a bit hollow given the treatment.

3 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Oh he has but he's not had the love he deserves. Any other player scores a winning champs league goal and they'd get made for life at the club, yet he's getting shat on by all and sundry. If he's happy then fine but, if it was me, I'd perhaps feel like my medals are a bit hollow given the treatment.

I know a few Spanish RM fans,they also complain of their own plastics.

They themselves admire Bale and his time at RM....within their own clique,the same,with a few now ,believing his age and Zidane,not the terraces are negative

Towards him...

As far as reports not learning the language...He tends to speak with an interpreter,but has spoken on the radio.

Saying quite a few other players in the past didn't learn Spanish...It's their respect to the club & fans that count.

So there is a group of RM fans who support the player....

1 minute ago, mancunianfox said:

If Man Utd were prepared to offer a decent fee for Bale but as part of the deal Madrid also had to take Alexis Sanchez and his dumb contract would you do that deal if you were Real?

No chance

13 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Wolves been drawn to play away in either Armenia or Czech Republic on the Thursday before the season starts. If they get past crusaders.

Here's hoping they have to travel to Yerevan. A big surprise they haven't beefed up their squad further. 

2 hours ago, mancunianfox said:

If Man Utd were prepared to offer a decent fee for Bale but as part of the deal Madrid also had to take Alexis Sanchez and his dumb contract would you do that deal if you were Real?

I'm surprised they don't offer Bale plus cash for Pogba but Bale is getting on a bit at 30 so its a bit of a dodgy one

On 22/07/2019 at 13:25, Aus Fox said:

Wolves been drawn to play away in either Armenia or Czech Republic on the Thursday before the season starts. If they get past crusaders.

If they don't make the Europa proper, they're gonna be in for a long season. I'm still trying to fathom how Burnley blew their own campaign quite so spectacularly, so they must surely top that. Good luck to 'em.

Edited by OntarioFox

2 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Burnley's campaign was what it was because they were shit. Not because the Europa League screwed them up in any way. 

Amazed you haven't signed any more players yet, what's your record like for getting deals done quickly? I know ours is horrific and if we are trying to get more than 1 deal done at a time it makes me very nervous that we don't balls it up.

• Like 1

Fans are getting nervous, but I have trust in the club. We won't buy people who are just squad filler so it's going to take time to convince players. 

The transfer window ending 3 weeks before the rest of Europe is surely an issue for all PL clubs. They know we have money and will get desperate the closer to the deadline it gets. They also know we can offer them more money than other European clubs (in general) and will get the best deals off us. It means that plenty of deals will probably go down to the last few days. 

Edited by The Bear

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Goal scoring record is nowt special though, i'd be slightly nervous of paying anywhere near that.

11 goals in 35 appearances for Hoffiehiem and he is a young Brazilian so I presume he must be good. He could be the next Richarlison. 

Edited by Crispin LA

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

Fans are getting nervous, but I have trust in the club. We won't buy people who are just squad filler so it's going to take time to convince players. 

The transfer window ending 3 weeks before the rest of Europe is surely an issue for all PL clubs. They know we have money and will get desperate the closer to the deadline it gets. They also know we can offer them more money than other European clubs (in general) and will get the best deals off us. It means that plenty of deals will probably go down to the last few days. 

We've a really good Algerian you can have, fresh off the back of a successful African Cup of Nations too.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Goal scoring record is nowt special though, i'd be slightly nervous of paying anywhere near that.

Never worth 40m; doesn’t have anything that makes me see how he could be valued that highly.

Watford only paid for 11m for Richarlison; far less of a gamble and Everton bought him when proven for just over 40m. You don’t spend that money on maybes when you aren’t a top club. 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 1

Looking at this guys scoring history; his top return in any league is 8 goals in the Austrian Bundesliga; this valuation gets more crazy the more I research. It just seems so strange. Bruce also spoke like he didn’t have a clue who he just spent 40m on ? 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Haha 1