Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

10 hours ago, sylofox said:

I personaly think thats a little harsh. Bigger clubs than Burnley have struggled after being in the europa qualifiers.

No doubt. But Burnley's form all the way up until Christmas was terrible. They were out of the Europa by mid-August. 

3 minutes ago, Super_horns said:
Would this work for Sky and have an impact on MOTD?

Afterall highlights already appear on various platforms and MOTD is still going .. 

3 minutes is shit. Mind you, not much worse than when you are last on motd so could have an impact

It's just outright hypocrisy to punish Mina. If they do and they're the rules then the rules are flawed.

Find it weird how many teams are leaving their business late. Arsenal, Crystal Palace, Liverpool and Wolves have done nothing of note. I know Wolves have made two loanees permanent but they were basically nailed on, I assume, to bypass FFP. Even Newcastle have only just started.

Going to be an interesting last two weeks. Get the feeling somebody's going to come out of it very disappointed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

Everton losing Gueye can only be good for us as well.

Good player. I guess Delph will fill that role now.

Just looking at their squad, I'd definitely put LCFC ahead of Everton in the pecking order.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/jul/24/filming-digital-distraction-live-sport-iphones

Great piece in the Guardian. I have to say the growing number of people that film things at football matches does piss me off! Some things I think are OK, for example filming us winning the league, or the Champions League music when we played Sevilla. But people who film things purely for the sake of Instagram likes do my head in!

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/jul/24/filming-digital-distraction-live-sport-iphones

Great piece in the Guardian. I have to say the growing number of people that film things at football matches does piss me off! Some things I think are OK, for example filming us winning the league, or the Champions League music when we played Sevilla. But people who film things purely for the sake of Instagram likes do my head in!

I hate the ones where they film themselves and all their reactions then upload to YouTube. 

What are they more concerned about - watching the match and having a vested interest in it or the future likes/views on social media about their own reactions to the match? 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Set piece filmers drive me mad. 

If I wanted to watch the game on a screen id be at home watching the t.v.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Seems a bad bit of business, he's a great talent that Everton should be keeping hold of.

But hopefully he kicks on in the Bundesliga as many English talents have.

3 different Everton managers haven't taken to him, almost like Gray with us in the first few seasons except Gray has now been given a lot of chances and still hasn't kicked on. It's a decent fee and i'm sure there'll be a sell on clause in there. Everton selling him, Gueye and McCarthy will raise the funds for them to go and spend £60-70m and probably put them in front of us in being the most equipped at breaking the top 6.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

3 different Everton managers haven't taken to him, almost like Gray with us in the first few seasons except Gray has now been given a lot of chances and still hasn't kicked on. It's a decent fee and i'm sure there'll be a sell on clause in there. Everton selling him, Gueye and McCarthy will raise the funds for them to go and spend £60-70m and probably put them in front of us in being the most equipped at breaking the top 6.

I guess that's true. 

Maybe he just needs time and a different environment to kick on. But am liking the youth players not being afraid to go abroad and play in the top leagues rather than staying in academys or going to league 1 or championship clubs  

8 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Find it weird how many teams are leaving their business late. Arsenal, Crystal Palace, Liverpool and Wolves have done nothing of note. I know Wolves have made two loanees permanent but they were basically nailed on, I assume, to bypass FFP. Even Newcastle have only just started.

Going to be an interesting last two weeks. Get the feeling somebody's going to come out of it very disappointed.

I was thinking this yesterday too as I was saying to a mate (Leeds fan) that I thought that most of the Maguire 'news' was being generated almost solely by SSN so they've got something to talk about in their THREE transfer shows they do every day.

I suspect they'll be a bit of a domino effect in the next two weeks. A couple of big moves happen and a load more will follow. I'd absolutely love it if virtually nothing happened though. I might actually bother to watch one of their shows if I get to watch them squirming and desperately clutching at straws while the big clock ticks down and **** all has happened.

7 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

I was thinking this yesterday too as I was saying to a mate (Leeds fan) that I thought that most of the Maguire 'news' was being generated almost solely by SSN so they've got something to talk about in their THREE transfer shows they do every day.

I suspect they'll be a bit of a domino effect in the next two weeks. A couple of big moves happen and a load more will follow. I'd absolutely love it if virtually nothing happened though. I might actually bother to watch one of their shows if I get to watch them squirming and desperately clutching at straws while the big clock ticks down and **** all has happened.

“Just in, DONE DEAL! Reading have complete the loan signing of 18 year old Billy Gilmore from Chelsea.”

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stadt said:

“Just in, DONE DEAL! Reading have complete the loan signing of 18 year old Billy Gilmore from Chelsea.”

"Here's Kaveh Solokhol with the latest on this one. Kaveh, this is sure to ruffle a few feathers in Chelsea's B side reserves isn't it?"

1 minute ago, Paddy. said:

"Here's Kaveh Solokhol with the latest on this one. Kaveh, this is sure to ruffle a few feathers in Chelsea's B side reserves isn't it?"

“Brian, Brian, Brian, Brian! what does this loan deal do to the totaliser!?”

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Doesn't s he just swap Palace for Swansea and vice versa every year? I might just be imagining this lol

I thought he was in Turkey. Oh, maybe that's the other Ayew, who no one gives a fuch about either.

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I genuinely think a good number go to football precisely for this reason now - easy instagram likes. Far too many things done for show.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

most their fans were fed up with him as well, attitude stinks apparently and he’s never done anything in the (admittedly rare) chances he got. like you said, when koeman and more obviously big sam didn’t play him the fans were fuming, but now it’s been what, 2 and a half years? think they’ve given up a bit and will take the money. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I genuinely think a good number go to football precisely for this reason now - easy instagram likes. Far too many things done for show.

Yep that's what social media has done to society, turned us into massive narcissists. 

The problem is that it's not as nuanced as simply calling people out for being giant bellends for doing it. For people who were around before mobile phones, we can do, because they are being massive nobs lol. But for the younger generation it's not so straightforward. If you are a teenager today, all of your friends are on social media and number of followers and likes is literally a thing can define your social standing among your peer group. Hence, you are conditioned to do such things and are actively rewarded for doing so because people like and follow your content. Basically unintentionally we are programming and rewarding people to act this way, and hence they do. 

Distressing to see, but there isn't much that can really be done about it.  

• Like 2