Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

I genuinely think a good number go to football precisely for this reason now - easy instagram likes. Far too many things done for show.

I don't get why people do it though. I get photos before kick off when I'm at an away game but that's it. I'm there to watch not record. It's same as when I'm at a gig and people would rather stand with their phone in their hand.

But social media plays a big part in this now like you say. Someone could be threatening to jump off a bridge and people would stand and record it.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I don't get why people do it though. I get photos before kick off when I'm at an away game but that's it. I'm there to watch not record. It's same as when I'm at a gig and people would rather stand with their phone in their hand.

But social media plays a big part in this now like you say. Someone could be threatening to jump off a bridge and people would stand and record it.

I'll happily grab a pic of the ground before kick off and grab a few pics during a gig; but the number who sit there intent on recording bits annoy me.

Like you said, im there to enjoy rather than record bits for social 'points' 

• Like 1

Tottenham have signed a new shirt sponsor deal with AIA, worth £320m over eight years.

The life insurance company has been on Spurs' shirts since 2013, but the new deal is a significant rise in revenue for the Champions League finalists.

It matches the reported £40m-a-year deal Chelsea signed in 2015 with Yokohama tyres.

Manchester United's seven-year deal with US car brand Chevrolet remains the biggest, worth about £50m per year.

AIA will continue to appear on the front of the club's men's, women's and academy team's shirts until 2027.

Spurs have recently opened their £1bn stadium, much of which was paid for with loans.

Despite that cost, in April they announced a world-record profit of £113m after tax for the 2017-18 season.

Earlier in July, Tottenham paid a record £53.8m for France midfielder Tanguy Ndombele, having not signed a player last season.

Asked if Spurs felt pressure to compete with their big-spending Premier League rivals, chairman Daniel Levy said: "If I'm honest, we don't feel the pressure. Our view is wherever we can, we will improve the team.

"We have embarked in recent years on two very major capital projects, which I think in the long-term will be of great benefit to the club. We will continue wherever we can to improve the team."

39 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Arsenal have signed Dani Ceballos. Excited to see him next year 

Says a lot about Arsenal's spending power when they now have to revert to loan signings from La Liga. lol

Either they are pretty much skint or trying to keep costs down to a bar minimum.

38 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Agreed. Just hope he ain’t bogged down by Arsenal being Arsenal 

Well I kind of hope he is, so we can finish above them!

He is a very talented player, but that is no guarantee he'll be a hit for them. I personally feel that Arsenal's spot in the top 6 is there for the taking not just this season but for the next 5-10 years. Their owner shows no interest in improving their club, it's clearly a revenue earner for him to spend money on his actual interests in the NFL. And as that club will generate a ton of money for a long time (10 year waiting list for a season ticket at the Emirates), that provides the perfect opportunity for a more ambitious club to surpass them, regardless of the difference in revenues generated.

On 24/07/2019 at 12:56, The Horse's Mouth said:

Sheff U will be just like Cardiff, is pretty 50/50 they've got a fighting chance. They look the strongest out of the three that have come up imo

Cardiff were always going down just like Sheff U are always going down. 

21 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

Is it me, or are Aston Villa tanking a large amount of money on players who I'd say are unproven?

Looks like panic stations as they lost so many players. Think they might regret it as it’s difficult to put together a team that functions from so many new players.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Restricting your view of the concert to their phone screen.  Love those people ?

10 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Cardiff were royally ****ed over towards the end like, those points at chelsea would've kept them up

Had Sala not been involved in the tradegy he sadly was this year, reckon he would've got them more points.

-

At the rate they're going about things, Villa could be the new 'Wolves' soon.

If I were a Villa fan, I'd be hoping the board haven't been splashing the cash for the sake of it.

Dean Smith has got a job on his hands in trying to get the new signings to settle, let alone make them to perform consistently well.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

43 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Had Sala not been involved in the tradegy he sadly was this year, reckon he would've got them more points.

-

If I were a Villa fan, I'd be hoping the board haven't been splashing the cash for the sake of it.

Dean Smith has got a job on his hands in trying to get the new signings to settle, let alone make them to perform consistently well.

I think they are more likely to be the new fulham.

In fact, i actually think fulham bought better players.

Guess it all depends on whether they can get them playing as a team quickly enough 

Definitely more like Fulham than villa to me.

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

-

What lol why would they be the new Wolves 

• Like 1

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49120077

Looks like we're signing Real Madrid CB Jesus Vallejo on loan for the season. I know nothing about him but apparently had a few injuries and has obviously been firmly behind Varane and Ramos. Won the U21 Championship with Spain this summer so he must be decent. 

Definitely getting someone in just in case, while we try and get Ruben Dias. 

Cutrone is supposedly all agreed now between the two clubs, just waiting for the player to say ok. He's still unsure about a move away from Italy. 

Edited by The Bear