Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

45 minutes ago, Crispin LA said:

Apparently Rafa wasn't interested in him but Ashley gives Bruce 40m to buy him. Really strange 

Had Bruce actually ever heard of the player before - before the cash was given to via (presumably) Ashley to push him to sign this player?

-

Think their owner and the fans deserve each other, to be quite honest.

The fans are like Everton's - if they get a win, they'd still moan about the performance somewhere; if they sign someone on the cheap, they seem to instantly believe Ashley is being 'tight'; if Ashley spends a big amount on someone (like obviously on this player which, on paper, doesn't seem good value for money - mind), they'll think he's blown the budget on a flop signing etc.

Must be one of the most mysterious football clubs around; which is sad as they really do have strong potential to progress even further, due to their strong attendances and facilities currently - especially if the club's hierarchy etc was much more properly organised methodical and more honest/open, like it is at LCFC.

Edited by Wymeswold fox
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Never worth 40m; doesn’t have anything that makes me see how he could be valued that highly.

Watford only paid for 11m for Richarlison; far less of a gamble and Everton bought him when proven for just over 40m. You don’t spend that money on maybes when you aren’t a top club. 

Nah.. Like we've never bought any expensive duds have we? 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, weller54 said:

Nah.. Like we've never bought any expensive duds have we? 

Well obviously we have but 40m? double their transfer record after selling their two best strikers? it is a massive gamble more than any one we have made. That is my point 

• Like 1

Sheff U amaze me in the fact that a good portion of the team is still from the lineup that won L1 a few seasons ago. I think the only non UK/Ireland player is Mousset, who they picked up this off season from Bournemouth.

I can't see them not getting their butts sent right back down, but Wilder seems to be working some magic there.

33 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

Sheff U amaze me in the fact that a good portion of the team is still from the lineup that won L1 a few seasons ago. I think the only non UK/Ireland player is Mousset, who they picked up this off season from Bournemouth.

I can't see them not getting their butts sent right back down, but Wilder seems to be working some magic there.

15 to 25 points tops.   

Watch them get 40 lol

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, The Bear said:

Burnley's campaign was what it was because they were shit. Not because the Europa League screwed them up in any way. 

I personaly think thats a little harsh. Bigger clubs than Burnley have struggled after being in the europa qualifiers.

Just now, sylofox said:

I personaly think thats a little harsh. Bigger clubs than Burnley have struggled after being in the europa qualifiers.

It's a shit excuse when you factor in how far they actually went, besides ,West Ham & Southampton both went further but got knocked out of the qualifiers in their respective seasons and retained europa league football. This is such a myth that it had such a detrimental effect on their season, they played like 4 games before the season begun. 

6 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

It's a shit excuse when you factor in how far they actually went, besides ,West Ham & Southampton both went further but got knocked out of the qualifiers in their respective seasons and retained europa league football. This is such a myth that it had such a detrimental effect on their season, they played like 4 games before the season begun. 

And started meaningful games in july. It will have a bearing on any prem side. One of the reason 7/10th seem to stop playing as no one really wants it. Wonder how we would have done with ten players at the WC.