Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

32 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Sheffield United pay £10 million for the very average Lys Mousset.

Blades fans I know defending every signing they make, even the likes of Mousset and Morrison which are questionable. Wilder does have a record of getting the very best out of average players (a bit like Pearson did for us) but at this level, even though the pulling power of Sheffield United will be low, I'd be questioning these signings.

On 12/07/2019 at 09:11, Raw Dykes said:

I sometimes think about what it was like to be a Leics.-based glory grabber Man Utd/Liverpool/etc. fan during the title win. Imagine you've picked some club you have no association with and never even set foot in their stadium, then your home town club achieves the impossible, and you're seeing Leicester fans everywhere who all look like they just won the lottery. That must make you realise that you're missing out, surely? Even if your chosen glory team does win a trophy, it's not going to feel anything like that does to them. I'm sure our title win gave glory hunters all over the country some food for thought.

I remember when united won the treble, my local had the usual few glory boys sat in front of tv looking worried as they trailed with the game approaching the end. I had two out of three ain’t bad lined up on the duke box to take the piss, but unfortunately they came from behind and beat Munich. A jump up, a cheer, listened to the after match chit chat and quietly went home.

In contrast being local we lived and breathed our win, constantly in the local news, everyone you meet wanting to talk about it, the buzz around the place was electric, stuff like painting the City blue that radio Leicester promoted and taking my kids for a drive round town one night just before we were crowned champions to see everything lit up blue.

Then after, the party at the KP and in the town on the night, the crowds flocking to the city and KP over the next week, seeing the players out and about soaking the atmosphere up, 5 live in the local hero lol The atmosphere in and around the city and county was truly something special, a real genuine happy and excited buzz about the place, never felt anything like it. And for those of us lucky enough to be there for the everton match, wow, just wow, everything from generations and years of supporting City concentrated in those few hours spent in the stadium that afternoon. 

So no, they can’t feel it like we did. lol

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

I remember when united won the treble, my local had the usual few glory boys sat in front of tv looking worried as they trailed with the game approaching the end. I had two out of three ain’t bad lined up on the duke box to take the piss, but unfortunately they came from behind and beat Munich. A jump up, a cheer, listened to the after match chit chat and quietly went home.

In contrast being local we lived and breathed our win, constantly in the local news, everyone you meet wanting to talk about it, the buzz around the place was electric, stuff like painting the City blue that radio Leicester promoted and taking my kids for a drive round town one night just before we were crowned champions to see everything lit up blue.

Then after, the party at the KP and in the town on the night, the crowds flocking to the city and KP over the next week, seeing the players out and about soaking the atmosphere up, 5 live in the local hero lol The atmosphere in and around the city and county was truly something special, a real genuine happy and excited buzz about the place, never felt anything like it. And for those of us lucky enough to be there for the everton match, wow, just wow, everything from generations and years of supporting City concentrated in those few hours spent in the stadium that afternoon. 

So no, they can’t feel it like we did. lol

Cruel but funny ?

11 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Blades fans I know defending every signing they make, even the likes of Mousset and Morrison which are questionable. Wilder does have a record of getting the very best out of average players (a bit like Pearson did for us) but at this level, even though the pulling power of Sheffield United will be low, I'd be questioning these signings.

better goals per minute ratio than Josh King or Redmond. Don't think 10m for either of those would be a bad investment and Mousset is younger

3 hours ago, Dave Fishwick said:

better goals per minute ratio than Josh King or Redmond. Don't think 10m for either of those would be a bad investment and Mousset is younger

I wouldn't be surprised. King plays almost, if not, every game and doesn't always play as a striker.

If Mousset gets a few goals and Sheffield United go down then no doubt they'll make a profit on him next season. That seems to be how it is these days.

9 hours ago, Tuna said:

Gareth Bale apparently has an offer of £1m a week deal from a Chinese team.

As much as he wants his family to be happy, surely you'd make do for a year for that kind of money? 

That's ridiculous. Admittedly he's set for life and his kids life as it is, but this could secure his grandkids future and so on. 

Sad fact is unless he takes a massive wage cut - which his agent probably won't allow - his only options are huge European clubs or silly China money. 

He's coming up to 30 and his injury record is against him. It's all been a bit of an odd waste of a career.

Yes, he's won 3 Champions Leagues but has he been happy doing it? Real fans seem to hate him.

53 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

As much as he wants his family to be happy, surely you'd make do for a year for that kind of money? 

That's ridiculous. Admittedly he's set for life and his kids life as it is, but this could secure his grandkids future and so on. 

I can't see how they would be happy for him to just go and do a year though, wouldn't there be a significant transfer fee involved as well or are Real just happy to get shot of his wages?

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I can't see how they would be happy for him to just go and do a year though, wouldn't there be a significant transfer fee involved as well or are Real just happy to get shot of his wages?

Not sure on that one, Real seem to just want rid but will probably want to recoup as much as possible. 

Didn't think of that, he's in an awkward place anyhow. Very few teams can afford his wages 

15 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Not sure on that one, Real seem to just want rid but will probably want to recoup as much as possible. 

Didn't think of that, he's in an awkward place anyhow. Very few teams can afford his wages 

Yeah, in many ways Real need to be careful because they are now making out like Bale is some sort of alien who has been a massive flop there and are driving him out. However, what club in their right minds would offer to pay a transfer fee let alone cover even half, let alone all of his wages.

I wonder whether PSG would consider him with Neymar inevitably going back to Barca.

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Bale has been a success at Real by almost any metric. 

He's a phenomenal player, he's contributed goals and assists, scored in important games, has at times looked like a rare shining light even the team collectively have been shit. 

But from the moment he arrived he's been assassinated by Marca for being Perez' golden boy and Marca hate Perez. Whenever they've fallen out, then first thing they've done is put the boot in on Bale. 

Madrid is like Liverpool and United in this country, they've a huge bunch of extremely partisan, passionate but fundamentally retarded fans that believe everything they read in the press and act on it. Marca have succeeded in turning Bale in to a scapegoat. 

Anything less than being Ronald's direct replacement was never going to be enough and as good as Bale is, he's never going to be that. Never was. 

He walks in to any team in Europe (except maybe Man City and then that's more on style of play), you get him match fit and he's still probably the best outright winger in the world. 

I am still surprised Man Utd aren't the obvious destination, I suppose they somehow need to bin Sanchez first.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

I am still surprised Man Utd aren't the obvious destination, I suppose they somehow need to bin Sanchez first.

Tbqh, Bale is much bigger and better than United. He needs to be at CL club that's regularly going to hit the quarter finals at least. 

Bayern is the most obvious for me given Ribery and Robben. 

Not learning Spanish was a bit pathetic mind so maybe he'll come back to the UK which gives him even less options. 

3 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

Sad fact is unless he takes a massive wage cut - which his agent probably won't allow - his only options are huge European clubs or silly China money. 

He's coming up to 30 and his injury record is against him. It's all been a bit of an odd waste of a career.

Yes, he's won 3 Champions Leagues but has he been happy doing it? Real fans seem to hate him.

Errm .read his history especially RM-history..hes played and won,more than other top players...He's had a run which would make quite a few envious...

• Like 1