Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

3 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

It’s not accurate though, you’re relying on a HUMAN to pick a frame, you’re relying on a HUMAN to draw these lines. This isn’t clear and obvious. 

Nailed it.

4 minutes ago, Collymore said:

To be fair Wolves are more of a threat to our position than we are to Liverpool so don't mind Liverpool winning this one. 

It's all about top four now.

Agreed, but anyone of the teams can fall foul of these stupid VAR desicions, well apart from Liverpool cheats

Something needs to change. 

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

Surely there's some kind of technology that can actually accurately determine offsides instantly like goal line technology does.

Doubt it, the ball is one object, with an offside you're looking at heads, feet, legs, shoulders to see what is ahead or behind, and when the ball is played. Far more technical

3 minutes ago, srex9 said:

Isn't the shoulder part of the arm? So it's handball? The definition isn't clear. And it looked like Jonny was perfectly level. When it's that close how can they be sure the ball left the passers foot at that exact moment...

Anatomically the shoulder is part of the arm.

Just now, Corky said:

Doubt it, the ball is one object, with an offside you're looking at heads, feet, legs, shoulders to see what is ahead or behind, and when the ball is played. Far more technical

You could make all the players wear those suits the guy who played Gollum had to wear :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Now we have had VAR, we can't get rid of it. 

I haven't followed other countries use of it but haven't heard anything like the problems we've had here and haven't noticed anything in champions League either. Are they just not looking as closely? 

I get the "it doesn't matter if he's off by 10 yards or 1mm" argument but there got to be better version of the rules. Before VAR, noone would even question these goals apart from maybe it was close but benefit of doubt goes to attacker. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

No offence boys but I'm getting really bored of opinions like this. 

This is nothing to do with technology, it's accurate. Basically every offside decision I've seen this year has been accurate. 

I don't gives flying shit if someone is offside by a millimetre or not, there has to be a cut off somewhere. If you're off, you're off, whether you're off by a pixel or by ten metres. It doesn't matter. There has to be a threshold somewhere. Jonny WAS off. 

If you insist there has to be daylight, for example, you still have to have a cut off somewhere so it ends up being daylight by a pixel or whatever. 

All people are getting angry about this season is, stupidly, accuracy. You're getting upset at decisions being rightly given that are close. That's retarded. Last season you had decisions going wrong when there was miles off or onside. What do you prefer!? 

I love a rant about VAR favouring Liverpool as much as anyone but put your bias away a second. Lallana did hit his shoulder and Jonny was marginally off. 

:dunno:

What about the handball by VVD before sending the ball forward for the goal??

• Like 2

I’m fine with offsides is offsides no matter by how much. The problem is when you are dealing with thin margins, there are way too many variables as far as what we are presented with on TV. Mainly:

- variance in where where the lines are marked on both attacker and defender. when they showed the freeze frame of the decision on that goal the image was literally pixelated and blurry. How can lines be accurately marked?

when they draw the lines on the “armpit” (shoulder) how in the world do they determine where the shoulder begins on an off angle pixelated image?

- thickness of the line. Like - it’s way too thick.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Wouldn’t mind that, each team has a couple of players at least that would be worth having a look at in the summer: 

Grealish

Mings (meh could do worse for centre back cover I guess) 

Jamal Lewis if Fuchs departs as an understudy for Chilwell 

Cantwell + Buendia possibly but not sure 

Ake 

Callum Wilson 

Some decent players there, Grealish the standout one and Ake and Wilson good too. Pukki would make the list but with Kel at the minute playing the way he is I don’t think he’s necessary.

Agree with all of that. Would add Pukki too. I read somewhere that Chelsea had a buy-back for Ake and were going to activate it.