Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

15 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

No offence boys but I'm getting really bored of opinions like this. 

This is nothing to do with technology, it's accurate. Basically every offside decision I've seen this year has been accurate. 

I don't gives flying shit if someone is offside by a millimetre or not, there has to be a cut off somewhere. If you're off, you're off, whether you're off by a pixel or by ten metres. It doesn't matter. There has to be a threshold somewhere. Jonny WAS off. 

If you insist there has to be daylight, for example, you still have to have a cut off somewhere so it ends up being daylight by a pixel or whatever. 

All people are getting angry about this season is, stupidly, accuracy. You're getting upset at decisions being rightly given that are close. That's retarded. Last season you had decisions going wrong when there was miles off or onside. What do you prefer!? 

I love a rant about VAR favouring Liverpool as much as anyone but put your bias away a second. Lallana did hit his shoulder and Jonny was marginally off. 

:dunno:

If it's so scientific why are human beings at Stockley Park taking so long to make decisions. How many points have Liverpool gained as a result of VAR decisions going their way? Mane's dive against us gave 2 points to them and took one away from us. How important was that at the time in the context of the title race? Would we have got a penalty if Vardy had dived in the 95th minute at Anfield? No chance! The fact is, they have benefited more than any team from VAR this season. No one doubts that they are the best team in the division but their points haul has been VAR assisted. Perhaps they're just 'lucky'.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Why!?!?!!?? I hear this so much and I just don't get it. 

Awful amounts of blatantly frustrating human error is "like football" to you!?!? 

What is wrong with people that they're so hateful of technology that they'd rather a "human" linesman make horrendous glaring errors rather than apply a bit of science to make it more accurate!? 

It's not horrendous glaring errors though is it. These offside would never been seen with the naked eye.

Danny Murphy was spot on on motd. Pause it, if you can't work it out after 20 seconds just let it go. No need for lines and all that shit.

• Like 2

Just now, Finnegan said:

Awful amounts of blatantly frustrating human error is "like football" to you!?!? 

What is wrong with people that they're so hateful of technology that they'd rather a "human" linesman make horrendous glaring errors rather than apply a bit of science to make it more accurate!? 

It’s not though is it, he’s in footballing terms level with his man, pre VAR no one even looks at that.

Think your not really getting what I’m saying. I’m not saying get rid of it, like others getting annoyed with it I was a big advocate of its implementation. I have two gripes with it though, folk still making bizarre decisions despite having technology to help them, and goals like that, where I think there needs to be a margin of error similar to say cricket.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

No we want a fair game that isn't rigged in one sides favour!

Stop to tell bullshit.

As @Finnegan said it’s the correct decision.Very marginal ,but correct.

Like the Spurs goal against us which was disallowed.The Wolves goal at the start of the season,I was verging on being an embarrassment Boxing Day at the ground with my language towards Liverpool players.

As annoying as some of their fans are they are an unbelievable team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I’m not convinced I’ve seen a clear cut angle / picture that he was offside. Although that may well come in a moment 

Just get a marker pen and draw some lines on the tele till he looks offside, that’s what mike Riley does.

Regardless of the var in/var out issues, can't help but admire Wolverhampton's set up and their players' agression vs Pool. They are giving it a go, while BR and our boys never really did which still bugs me. I hope they are watching this, even though Wolves are below us this Foxes team can learn something from them.

• Like 2

Guest Markyblue
2 minutes ago, brucey said:

I like VAR. Sure it’s still susceptible to bent refs and big club bias, but it’s certainly reduced it considerably. Offside rule just needs a clearer and more sensible definition starting next season.

It's sucked the life out of football.  The joy of scoring a goal has been ruined completely. 

11 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Surely the answer must be to use the GPS sensor that every teams use to track the position of their players?

Put measurement that the players have to be from each other when they are last man (I am sure an algorithm could be figured out) or put these players’ gps systems on a grid on a pitch where two people (Virtual linesmen lol) watch both lines and assess the gaps? 

This then takes responsibility from VAR and linesmen on the pitch to assess the field of play instead of having sodding issues with offside? 

D803244D-0AEE-4137-9A1D-A69E1BDAE200.png

Would not work for Dion Dublin........

Just now, Bats8711 said:

If you gave that still image to 10 educated football fans - hell, 10 premier league linesman - and asked them to draw lines to mark attacker and defender, there would be 10 variations. That’s the problem. 

Exactly 

2 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

Stop to tell bullshit.

As @Finnegan said it’s the correct decision.Very marginal ,but correct.

Like the Spurs goal against us which was disallowed.The Wolves goal at the start of the season,I was verging on being an embarrassment Boxing Day at the ground with my language towards Liverpool players.

As annoying as some of their fans are they are an unbelievable team.

We have no idea if its correct. It's a marginal decision on stopping a camera assuming that's where he hit the ball.

Overturn shockers. This is absolutely barmy.

1 minute ago, Manwell Pablo said:

It’s not though is it, he’s in footballing terms level with his man, pre VAR no one even looks at that.

Think your not really getting what I’m saying. I’m not saying get rid of it, like others getting annoyed with it I was a big advocate of its implementation. I have two gripes with it though, folk still making bizarre decisions despite having technology to help them, and goals like that, where I think there needs to be a margin of error similar to say cricket.

I agree 10000% that they have to keep working on it and improve it, I agree it's not perfect. 

I'm just so bored of people moaning about offside when it's literally, objectively more accurate than it was before. 

Offside was one of the worst officiated parts of the sport for years, it was fat middle age linesmen taking random guesses. Plenty of people "level" were flagged off, plenty of people a good foot onside were flagged off. Plenty of people miles off were flagged on. 

It was an absolute mess. It was awful. 

Yeah it's a bit too pedantic now and it's frustrating when you're offside by like a pixel of a frame but that's still infinitely better than how it was. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

And don’t forget Finners the incidence of cheating has greatly reduced.   And nothing in the game used to piss me off more than seeing some cheating fooker who wasn’t even touched rolling around like he had been hit with a baseball bat ...

• Like 2

If they are going to measure offsides to the mm, then they need to have slo mo cameras installed that pick up a couple of hundred frames a second on the action in order to get the contact of the pass accurate.

What are we dealing with at the moment with var, still 25fps?  So 0.04 seconds each frame.  That's a lot of time when you are talking millimeters for offsides.