Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Surely the answer must be to use the GPS sensor that every teams use to track the position of their players?

Put measurement that the players have to be from each other when they are last man (I am sure an algorithm could be figured out) or put these players’ gps systems on a grid on a pitch where two people (Virtual linesmen lol) watch both lines and assess the gaps? 

This then takes responsibility from VAR and linesmen on the pitch to assess the field of play instead of having sodding issues with offside? 

D803244D-0AEE-4137-9A1D-A69E1BDAE200.png

Edited by Fox in the North
  • Like 1

So the whole “ clear and obvious” test has no application . The ref had a clear enough view of the handball to disallow the goal in real time and there is no agreement as to whether his call was incorrect so the decision  is overturned by someone looking at a TV feed with no conclusive footage 

7 minutes ago, Swarles Barkley said:

lol

literally this kind of decision has happened 4 times this weekend. Not just Liverpool

I'm not talking about offsides.  The "clear and obvious" rule is open to far more corruption than the offsides.  Overruling/not overruling the referee is where the grey area is far too big when addressing "clear and obvious". 

15 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

No offence boys but I'm getting really bored of opinions like this. 

This is nothing to do with technology, it's accurate. Basically every offside decision I've seen this year has been accurate. 

I don't gives flying shit if someone is offside by a millimetre or not, there has to be a cut off somewhere. If you're off, you're off, whether you're off by a pixel or by ten metres. It doesn't matter. There has to be a threshold somewhere. Jonny WAS off. 

If you insist there has to be daylight, for example, you still have to have a cut off somewhere so it ends up being daylight by a pixel or whatever. 

All people are getting angry about this season is, stupidly, accuracy. You're getting upset at decisions being rightly given that are close. That's retarded. Last season you had decisions going wrong when there was miles off or onside. What do you prefer!? 

I love a rant about VAR favouring Liverpool as much as anyone but put your bias away a second. Lallana did hit his shoulder and Jonny was marginally off. 

:dunno:

Mate, come on. 

I am pro-VAR but that is not offside. No way. They've given that offside because they wanted to.

I dislike Wolves and they're a bigger threat to us than Liverpool but I'm still fuming.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

This person has it about right:

Just make it so some part of the player is onside. 

Then you ain't gotta worry about armpits

12 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

No offence boys but I'm getting really bored of opinions like this. 

This is nothing to do with technology, it's accurate. Basically every offside decision I've seen this year has been accurate. 

I don't gives flying shit if someone is offside by a millimetre or not, there has to be a cut off somewhere. If you're off, you're off, whether you're off by a pixel or by ten metres. It doesn't matter. There has to be a threshold somewhere. Jonny WAS off. 

If you insist there has to be daylight, for example, you still have to have a cut off somewhere so it ends up being daylight by a pixel or whatever. 

All people are getting angry about this season is, stupidly, accuracy. You're getting upset at decisions being rightly given that are close. That's retarded. Last season you had decisions going wrong when there was miles off or onside. What do you prefer!? 

I love a rant about VAR favouring Liverpool as much as anyone but put your bias away a second. Lallana did hit his shoulder and Jonny was marginally off. 

:dunno:

I’m just sick of seeing goal like that disallowed. Nothing to do with Liverpool. Actually would prefer wolves to drop points they are putting a challenge together. 

Maybe in terms of a physical science he’s off but just doesn’t seem like football anymore with some decisions like that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Now we have had VAR, we can't get rid of it. 

I haven't followed other countries use of it but haven't heard anything like the problems we've had here and haven't noticed anything in champions League either. Are they just not looking as closely? 

I get the "it doesn't matter if he's off by 10 yards or 1mm" argument but there got to be better version of the rules. Before VAR, noone would even question these goals apart from maybe it was close but benefit of doubt goes to attacker. 

Fewer issues because the on field refs look at the replay on the onfield monitor. But that twat Riley has stopped that. 

8 minutes ago, Corky said:

Doubt it, the ball is one object, with an offside you're looking at heads, feet, legs, shoulders to see what is ahead or behind, and when the ball is played. Far more technical

pressure pads on ball, cameras tracking body. I'm no expert though someone much cleverer with many PHDs would have to come up with something. Technology these days is outstandingly brilliant. 

2 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

doesn’t seem like football anymore

Why!?!?!!?? I hear this so much and I just don't get it. 

Awful amounts of blatantly frustrating human error is "like football" to you!?!? 

What is wrong with people that they're so hateful of technology that they'd rather a "human" linesman make horrendous glaring errors rather than apply a bit of science to make it more accurate!? 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Only use VAR for penalty decisions & reds if we insist on using it 

Well that is why Wolves are massively peed off. So as this was in the build up to the goal it is ignored??? Surely not ?

Guest Markyblue
7 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Just remind me which part of the body they use to measure it? Is it your foot, armpit or what?

The part that favours Liverpool,  simple really. 

4 minutes ago, Filbert1962 said:

Have to wonder if that was put before several refs independently how many would agree with the offside decision - it’s still open to interpretation even with those lines. 

Yeah. And if that's the case and it's contentious just make an overriding decision either for or against the attacking team for every instance. The obvious vote is for the attacking team. Like, if it takes more than 5 seconds to determine, the goal stands.