Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Just now, Finnegan said:

No offence boys but I'm getting really bored of opinions like this. 

This is nothing to do with technology, it's accurate. Basically every offside decision I've seen this year has been accurate. 

I don't gives flying shit if someone is offside by a millimetre or not, there has to be a cut off somewhere. If you're off, you're off, whether you're off by a pixel or by ten metres. It doesn't matter. There has to be a threshold somewhere. Jonny WAS off. 

If you insist there has to be daylight, for example, you still have to have a cut off somewhere so it ends up being daylight by a pixel or whatever. 

All people are getting angry about this season is, stupidly, accuracy. You're getting upset at decisions being rightly given that are close. That's retarded. Last season you had decisions going wrong when there was miles off or onside. What do you prefer!? 

I love a rant about VAR favouring as much as anyone but put your bias away a second. Lallana did hit his shoulder and Jonny was marginally off. 

:dunno:

It’s not accurate though, you’re relying on a HUMAN to pick a frame, you’re relying on a HUMAN to draw these lines. This isn’t clear and obvious. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

This is nothing to do with technology, it's accurate. Basically every offside decision I've seen this year has been accurate. 

I don't gives flying shit if someone is offside by a millimetre or not, there has to be a cut off somewhere. If you're off, you're off, whether you're off by a pixel or by ten metres. It doesn't matter. There has to be a threshold somewhere. Jonny WAS off. 

If you insist there has to be daylight, for example, you still have to have a cut off somewhere so it ends up being daylight by a pixel or whatever. 

All people are getting angry about this season is, stupidly, accuracy. You're getting upset at decisions being rightly given that are close. That's retarded. Last season you had decisions going wrong when there was miles off or onside. What do you prefer!? 

I love a rant about VAR favouring as much as anyone but put your bias away a second. Lallana did hit his shoulder and Jonny was marginally off. 

Isn’t the point that people aren’t confident in the technology not that offside isn’t offside. I’m unconvinced by the majority of the ones over the last few days. The attacking team used to get the benefit of the doubt for things it was too close to tell.

• Like 2

Just now, TheUltimateWinner said:

It’s not accurate though, you’re relying on a HUMAN to pick a frame, you’re relying on a HUMAN to draw these lines. This isn’t clear and obvious. 

How did you not see that freeze frame and blatantly see Johnny's foot was offside? It was obvious. 

Plus, they've made the point quite a few times that Stockley Park has more advanced cameras than the replays on the TV. 

I do agree that if that's true they need to show it properly on TV but so what. 

If it's right it's right. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Accuracy isn't the problem, the problem is if we are calling hands being offside then we are in very rocky grounds. 

Yes you are correct Lallana didn't handball it and technically the wolves guy was offside.

How ever the ref disallowed the Liverpool goal and allowed the wolves goal, we are basically saying the officials are inept and we need something else to do their job for them.. 

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I love a rant about VAR favouring Liverpool as much as anyone but put your bias away a second. Lallana did hit his shoulder and Jonny was marginally off. 

Get a grip 

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I love a rant about VAR favouring Liverpool as much as anyone but put your bias away a second. Lallana did hit his shoulder and Jonny was marginally off. 

It isn't 100% accurate. Its humans drawing a line on a screen guessing from stopping a camera when a ball has a been kicked.

We have absolute no idea whether these decisions are accurate or not. We are stopping the game a lot of the time to just guess.

Just now, Finnegan said:

How did you not see that freeze frame and blatantly see Johnny's foot was offside? It was obvious. 

Plus, they've made the point quite a few times that Stockley Park has more advanced cameras than the replays on the TV. 

I do agree that if that's true they need to show it properly on TV but so what. 

If it's right it's right. 

It’s not obvious though because the Liverpool players shoulder looks like it’s level. They should use the 2D line and if it’s obviously offside then overrule it. If not let the onfield decision stand. Not faff around for several minutes deciding where a player starts and ends.