Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

9 minutes ago, twister said:

I said this yesterday]

the real reason for VARS arrival is to help the bigger clubs

could nobody see that at the start, to much money on the line

norwich,sheffield united and wolves all ****ed off this weekend.

I had hoped and called it a leveller when it was annouced last season that it was being introduced.

I was even winding glory hunters I know up by saying "best get the dodgy decision in before you can't", e.t.c.

However it still clearly favours the bigger clubs.

There are some decisions not even being offically checked when it suits imo.

On a whole I think it has favoured us more than not, we've had alot go our way through it and picked up a fair few points we should - I'd say we've gained more than we should have - That's including things like being ****ed over with Mane's diving in the last minute e.t.c.

It does seem like the powers that be have decided it's (Finally) Liverpool's year and they must do everything in their power to help them, everything goes their way the thing is they don't/shouldn't need the help.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

Stop to tell bullshit.

As @Finnegan said it’s the correct decision.Very marginal ,but correct.

Like the Spurs goal against us which was disallowed.The Wolves goal at the start of the season,I was verging on being an embarrassment Boxing Day at the ground with my language towards Liverpool players.

As annoying as some of their fans are they are an unbelievable team.

I'm not sure you can say that with any certainty when it's a person choosing the frame and drawing the line. It's very easy the manipulate and VAR seems to benefit Liverpool constantly.

19 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Why does the fookin commentator have to say “VAR has rewritten the script “ ...   offside is fookin offside !!!!

Jeez give it a fookin rest ...

Because it wouldn't have been offside but for VAR?

Just now, fuchsntf said:

Wolves were a Good Team when promoted,they are young,and Europe Experience Maybe stressfull,but builds up,Team und individual,knowledge,Experience

and if well coached,a notch up on deliverying consistent quality.....

To me the biggest rival & Welcome competitor ,from Teams  below us , as we ourselves go into a potential success period in our and their history

I'm very happy about them and Sheffield Utd challenging for the top 7-8 places, it gives me hope that together with them we can destabilize one or a couple of the 'big clubs' and change the look of the usual top 6. If one of them were able to replace ManU Tottenham or Arsenal, if only for a season or two, it would be fantastic. Obviously I'd like us to replace one of the established top 4 sides for good.

Watching Wolves today was both highly entertaining and frustrating as I still have our gutless performance at Anfield in the back of my head.

Today's performance of Wolves and Sheffield should be learning lessons for Rodgers and our lads. We can't be switching off and give up the games without putting up a fight like we did vs Pool and ManCity.

4 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

It has rewritten the script (not changed the rules) because it used to be a game played by humans and officiated by humans, warts and all, and not by technology.

The commentator is fanning the flames ...   he should stfu ...   I don’t want to know his fookin opinion ...   yes being officiated by humans was brilliant ...  but now we have cheating and blatantly wrong decisions so having a bit of techno help s fine by me.   Early days ...   it will get better.

As talented a bunch of players as Liverpool are, I can't help but feel a bigger than acceptable part of their march towards the title has been incredibly reprehensible, what with officials turning a blind eye to their tactical fouls and dives and the obvious VAR element... It's just disingenuous to ignore how disproportionately in their favour things have been. Unspontaneous even.

A comparison that comes to mind, in boxing terms, is Floyd Mayweather. Again, hugely talented. But I lost count of the amount of times he eked out a victory by adopting spoiling tactics - getting his opponent in a headlock and waiting for the ref to break them up...Tying up both arms of his opponent up close to stop them from being able to punch (actually fouling in the Marquess of Queensberry rules but Floyd knew the ref would turn a blind eye) and again waiting for the ref to break them up. Making his opponent miss but not making him pay but simply swaggering out of harms way, knowing he'll get the round on the judges scorecards, etc, etc...

It's this sort of playing at the boundaries of the rulebook or even going over them, that leaves a hollow feeling for me. And I can't believe teams or individuals who use this approach don't know and feel that it's wrong deep down.

Yes I'm biased. But we were far more spontaneous than Liverpool in winning our maiden Premier League title.

Edited by Kendal Fox

5 minutes ago, Benji said:

I know City and Liverpool both significantly raised their game against us but why could we not have given them a real go like other teams are showing.

This.

I know they "outclassed" us and "were better than us" or whatever phrases were used when I said we weren't good enough.

They did outclass us and were better than us but that doesn't mean I can't state we were good enough ourselves - To the standards we've set ourselves, or question our desire in the games it was as if we simply didn't fancy it, now I guess that's easy to say and you can become demoralised when they step their game up and outclass us, also I can't imagine any of our players thinking 'nah, don't fancy it today' given our form and what we're fighting for especially against the teams like Liverpool or Man City but it really did look and feel like their was desire lacking to give it a real go, give it a good fight.

The same as against Man Utd - I said I was slowly getting over that but nope, it's still annoying me!

Edited by Matt

5 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I'm not sure you can say that with any certainty when it's a person choosing the frame and drawing the line. It's very easy the manipulate and VAR seems to benefit Liverpool constantly.

Like firmino against villa and mane against Watford ......stop seeing bad guys around every corner ........ 

Guest An Sionnach

At the moment Wolves current form suggests they can make the top six, The match at Molyneux is going to be a defining moment for both teams ambitions. We will need a strong, competative line up. They have proved that they are no respecters of fancy, meaningless play. It looks as though we have found a tougher attitude after yesterday , good , we are going to need it from now on.

Guest bennytwohats
21 minutes ago, TheF1Bob said:

It astounds me how much VAR helps the elite clubs time and time again.

We’ve had our fair share of VAR points this season to be fair

6 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Hello Bear. Great you have managed to get around dual FT Members.

lolTo be fair when I say big teams it’s pretty much Liverpool and Man City the rest I would back us over Wolves.

1 minute ago, Chester Dontlie said:

Call me wildly optimistic but I still believe Livarpool can slip. A couple of key players injured, Champions League, Klopp losing his wisdom teeth... who knows what will happen in the next five months

Even if they do the gap is huge 

they have lost one in a year and half 

1 minute ago, Chester Dontlie said:

Call me wildly optimistic but I still believe Livarpool can slip. A couple of key players injured, Champions League, Klopp losing his wisdom teeth... who knows what will happen in the next five months

And importantly, if VAR stopped working! :D

1 minute ago, Leicesterpool said:

I wonder where Liverpool would really be in the league table if there wasn't VAR?

Top by 6/7 points.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

How didn't VAR look at the Van Dijk handball? 

There has to be a cut off going back through the move I guess ... perhaps two passes is too far although if you charged the ball down in the box with your arm and passed to someone who squared it to a scorer then I’m sure it would be pulled back ......have a feeling tha pt the judgement was it was a combination of being two passes back and the contact with the arm not really affecting the move .......oh, and it was livarpool !

22 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

The commentator is fanning the flames ...   he should stfu ...   I don’t want to know his fookin opinion ...   yes being officiated by humans was brilliant ...  but now we have cheating and blatantly wrong decisions so having a bit of techno help s fine by me.   Early days ...   it will get better.

You may not personally like it, but the commentator is literally correct. Accordingly, to any extent that it supposedly “fans the flames”, that would be more of a commentary (no pun intended) on the sensibilities of the audience. 

Meanwhile, even VAR is actually still being “officiated by humans”. The reality remains that anything that requires any human input or judgment at all will inherently retain a certain degree of fallibility, as have been clearly shown by the inconsistencies of VAR implementation. Thus, it will not necessarily get “better” as much as folks would get used to it or simply learn to live with it. The delusion would be thinking that VAR can eliminate human error in officiating. It can’t!

>

Edited by NaijaFox

Just now, st albans fox said:

There has to be a cut off going back through the move I guess ... perhaps two passes is too far although if you charged the ball down in the box with your arm and passed to someone who squared it to a scorer then I’m sure it would be pulled back ......have a feeling tha pt the judgement was it was a combination of being two passes back and the contact with the arm not really affecting the move .......oh, and it was livarpool !

If it was too far then it's a joke, that long ball from Van Dijk splits the entire team, the assist of the assist.