Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

There has to be a cut off going back through the move I guess ... perhaps two passes is too far although if you charged the ball down in the box with your arm and passed to someone who squared it to a scorer then I’m sure it would be pulled back ......have a feeling tha pt the judgement was it was a combination of being two passes back and the contact with the arm not really affecting the move .......oh, and it was livarpool !

I've seen goals ruled out for one pass, two passes, three passes and four back. According to Coady, from what I gathered, the ref said that distance was the issue. The handball was too far away from the goal, even though it led to it.

So that's another 'grey / open-to-interpretation' area, to which we were all previously oblivious, that we can add to the whole mess.

The sport has been done serious harm because the authorities have lost sight of a few key principles: That the spectacle needs protecting. That VAR shouldn't interfere with it. That new rules shouldn't further complicate the game. That the application of VAR needs to be fair, balanced, consistent, and with a consensus among officials of what the rules are.

I mean, these games today have been disgraceful. A ref changes the course of play and it's still a goal, in spite of the rules. Two toes offside - no goal, after painstaking analysis. A handball in the ball that leads to a goal - still a goal. If you're going to do this so scientifically, at least get it right, and don't apply way more importance to some rules than to others. Why is, for instance, the final touch before a corner in the build-up less relevant than an armpit being offside? Or a handball two passes before a goal, 50 yards out, as opposed to one three or four before a goal 15-25 yards out? Where is all of this in the rules?

It seems to me that refs being asked to justify their decisions, to their peers at least, and with a critical eye cast on them, would do far more for fairness in the game than our current incarnation of VAR.

But if you want perfection, and a forensically-analysed version of football, go for it. Games will last hours on end while we wait for every last detail to be scrutinised, but if that's what you're going to do, do it properly. Or, alternatively, go back to the drawing board with the mantra that human error forms a part of the game, nothing can be 100% accurate, and the game as a spectacle has to be properly respected.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

They’d need to draw about 8 because Man City will lose or draw a couple of games for sure. They’re miles ahead with a game in hand. 

Yes, but would you say the odds on them dropping these points are higher than 50000/1 ? :P

I know that it's increasingly unlikely that they will, but it's not impossible yet

3 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

What will happen in the next five months is that Liverpool, despite us all wanting them to, will not implode. Leicester City on the other hand just need to keep on going about our game, not get distracted and who knows.

Are you Mystic Meg to say that with 100% certainty? They did implode last season, and still have a lot of time to do so. Fully agree with the second sentence though, we just have to carry on and stay focused and keep winning our games

Edited by Chester Dontlie

2 minutes ago, TheF1Bob said:

Klopp crying about VAR I'm dying. lol

Klopp has lost any shred of integrity or perspective . At one time he was measured and thoughtful in his comments  but prolonged exposure to this lot has turned him into a complete gobshite  

• Like 4

That Man City goal is a disgrace. We can argue about the minimal offside and if they are too strict on them. We can argue the penalties given or not. But that law is clear, ball hits the ref, play stops and it's a drop ball. How has that been allowed to stand?

• Like 2

"

66: The rule is that if the ball strikes the referee and goes to an opponent unfairly, it should be a drop ball, but the question is whether the ball struck Chris Kavanagh or whether the referee is in the way.

Replays show that Kavanagh fools Fleck as he dummied over the pass from Norwood with the Sheffield United player directly behind him.

It strikes Fleck, goes into De Bruyne's path and Aguero did the rest" 

This is what Sky say the reason is that the goal was given 

3 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

That Man City goal is a disgrace. We can argue about the minimal offside and if they are too strict on them. We can argue the penalties given or not. But that law is clear, ball hits the ref, play stops and it's a drop ball. How has that been allowed to stand?

Because as I said earlier, folk are still fcking up despite being given replays because they are either dumb or don’t know the rules.

14 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

What's he complaining about?

"We are in December and coming into January. Players standing around that long waiting is not good. I would prefer if referees going to the screen.

"I think the first situation it would help. But if you think offside, then it takes a while. But with the possible handball it could be quicker. That's how we do it England at the moment. We were on the other side of VAR decisions at Aston Villa. These things happen, nobody likes it."

I'll agree with refs going to the screen but it's hilarious considering they wouldn't be where they are if not the way it's implanted now.

Hypocritical ponce.

Edited by TheF1Bob
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

It's a ****ing joke. The people sitting in the VAR rooms are making their best to turn football into a slapstick comedy turning a blind eye to this sort of stuff happening.

Just shocking

2 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Your location on your profile is most accurate. Who’s going to take points off them? they’ve already played us twice and as is stands we are the next best team.

Don't ask who's going to take points of them, the answer is obvious, every team they will play can do that, even if the odds are massively in Pools favour.

What I ask is:

is it impossible for Livarpool to NOT win the league?

Btw we're still 2nd place mate, you should be in Dreamland too (regardless of our shitty games vs ManCity and Scousers) ! Just saying

3 minutes ago, TheF1Bob said:

"We are in December and coming into January. Players standing around that long waiting is not good. I would prefer if referees going to the screen.

"I think the first situation it would help. But if you think offside, then it takes a while. But with the possible handball it could be quicker. That's how we do it England at the moment. We were on the other side of VAR decisions at Aston Villa. These things happen, nobody likes it."

Hilarious considering they wouldn't be where they are if not the way it's implanted now.

Pretty much an admission of guilt to me. He's got to try and distract from how much they've benefitted from VAR but acting as if they have had their fair share of harsh decisions!!?

Just remind me Jurgen, when did you drop points because of VAR??

Okay so it doesn’t look like it actually touched him so I retract my earlier comment, however, the exact same thing happened at our place with Chris Kavanagh in charge, ball didnt hit him but he stopped an arsenal player from getting to the ball. He gave a dropped ball. So what’s the ****ing difference?

5 minutes ago, Chester Dontlie said:

It's a ****ing joke. The people sitting in the VAR rooms are making their best to turn football into a slapstick comedy turning a blind eye to this sort of stuff happening.

Just shocking

Did it hit him? Looked like he obstructed the sheff u player but probably just one of those things as didn’t look like he would have retrieved the situation ....

Those pitchside adverts at Anfield are the absolute pits. "Being a member is like having a big family!"- Isabelle, 7. THIS MEANS MORE.

Probably should go in the didn't happen thread but was so vomit inducing that I had to chuck it up here.

• Like 3