Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

5 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

Would love to know Liverpool fans opinions on VAR

All of the southern accented Scousers on 606 have opinions on their team. It's hilarious. One of them has been supporting his team through 53 years of hurt lol

They haven't bought success like City have (I assume the Manchester one) and Klopp is there because he loves the club and the people. Laugh out loud comedy central.

6 minutes ago, Corky said:

Those pitchside adverts at Anfield are the absolute pits. "Being a member is like having a big family!"- Isabelle, 7. THIS MEANS MORE.

Probably should go in the didn't happen thread but was so vomit inducing that I had to chuck it up here.

Yeah was gonna post about that myself earlier.

"This is Liverpool. This means more."

Really winds me up, not sure why, although at the moment anything to do with Liverpool winds me up.

Just stinks of self entitlement, which sums the club and fanbase up I guess.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Okay so it doesn’t look like it actually touched him so I retract my earlier comment, however, the exact same thing happened at our place with Chris Kavanagh in charge, ball didnt hit him but he stopped an arsenal player from getting to the ball. He gave a dropped ball. So what’s the ****ing difference?

I don't understand how he hasn't stopped play. He's clearly interfered with play and led to the goal scoring opportunity 

7 minutes ago, Kendal Fox said:

Pretty much an admission of guilt to me. He's got to try and distract from how much they've benefitted from VAR but acting as if they have had their fair share of harsh decisions!!?

Just remind me Jurgen, when did you drop points because of VAR??

I think it's like 2 matches??? Villa and someone else I can't remember by the top of my head. lol

Didn't drop points though...

2 minutes ago, 420Hashish said:

I want us to finish 2nd place for one reason. Liverpool is too far ahead, so if they are found guilty of match fixing, I'm sure the title will go to the 2nd placed team. Sort of what happened with Juventus in the 2000s.

Match fixing in the sense that, in every instance their opposition has had VAR overrule a goal, they've been awarded the exact opposite verdict when in the same situation? Also, diving and tactical fouls overlooked? You think they are somehow involved behind the scenes in all of this?

ref gets in the way and it results in a goal

to me I am veru suspcious of what is happening this weekend

it seems to me some less globally big clubs are getting in the way of some of the super powers

Var is a helpful tool to stop that.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Did it hit him? Looked like he obstructed the sheff u player but probably just one of those things as didn’t look like he would have retrieved the situation ....

I'm not sure now, I didn't see the replay from other angles! The others say it didn't

It looked like a sort of awkward pass from the ref to Man City player to me. Still even if it wasn't /didn't, surely he was interfering with the play...

1 minute ago, Chester Dontlie said:

I'm not sure now, I didn't see the replay from other angles! The others say it didn't

It looked like a sort of awkward pass from the ref to Man City player to me. Still even if it wasn't /didn't, surely he was interfering with the play...

I assume that the VAR couldn’t be certain that without the ref being involved as he was, that the goal wouldn’t have been scored .....so it left it ....

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I don't understand how he hasn't stopped play. He's clearly interfered with play and led to the goal scoring opportunity 

There isnt anything directly in the laws of the game about refs interfering with play, there is however this bit:

Laws of the Game and the ‘spirit of the game’. Referees are expected to use common sense and to apply the ‘spirit of the game’ when applying the Laws of the Game

Surely that would cover it? Any ref with common sense would know that they’ve effectively gifted Man City a goal there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Chester Dontlie said:

Surely there will be some close ups, from multiple angles in the replays by various broadcasters?

1 minute ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

There isnt anything directly in the laws of the game about refs interfering with play, there is however this bit:

Surely that would cover it? Any ref with common sense would know that they’ve effectively gifted Man City a goal there. 

You'd think so, if he uses his brain and realises he's clearly interfered with play. If he isn't there, Fleck picks the ball up and clears it. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Because that's not the rule and the referee can't just make them up to suit the situation. If the ball doesn't physically strike him then by the letter of the law there is nothing he can do.

1 minute ago, Kendal Fox said:

Surely there will be some close ups, from multiple angles in the replays by various broadcasters?

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I assume that the VAR couldn’t be certain that without the ref being involved as he was, that the goal wouldn’t have been scored .....so it left it ....

Look at this, there's a clear angle at 01:54

I can't believe how that goal was not disallowed by VAR review. It's not a referee pass, but it worked just as good, in favour of Man City.
Sheffield were robbed, no two ways about it. 

5 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Jesus Christ, the conspiracy theorists saying how Liverpool have corrupted VAR are more annoying than VAR itself. I dislike Liverpool as much as everyone but 

"One mans conspiracy theorist is another mans freedom fighter"  yeah... think on that, and Lizards

16 minutes ago, twister said:

ref gets in the way and it results in a goal

to me I am veru suspcious of what is happening this weekend

it seems to me some less globally big clubs are getting in the way of some of the super powers

Var is a helpful tool to stop that.

absolutely. been pretty obvious for awhile now

8 minutes ago, Chester Dontlie said:

Look at this, there's a clear angle at 01:54

I can't believe how that goal was not disallowed by VAR review. It's not a referee pass, but it worked just as good, in favour of Man City.
Sheffield were robbed, no two ways about it. 

Yeah, he totally obstructs him, looks like they physically come together as well.

Don thats what I thought all along

watch the NFL for how tv replays can manipulate the outcome of a game.

I knew this would happen when it came in having watched that.

all it would take is one reporter doing his job and this would all be blown open.

funny how with wolves and sheffield united near the champions league places they both get ****ed off today for example.

Wolves are outstanding, we lucky they had a slow start and had to juggle with Europa. as I think they a very capable team, also I watched their gave vs Liverpool, initially Liverpool tried to play like they did against us but Wolves shut it down with their positioning and pressing, which evened the game out.

• Like 1