Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

12 hours ago, blue blood said:

Significant. If true then it will get the wheels in motion for a flurry of dominoes effect signings around Europe. 

It'll take so long to build up the prestige of playing out there though and to be honest Bale seems barely arsed about football anymore. I still can't ever see anybody prominent leaving Europe in their prime to go and play in China - and while their domestic players remain so plainly average, their ruling on the amount of foreign players per squad will always hold the league back. 

10 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Zaha manoeuvring I reckon

No chance this is a ploy to get Zaha, Pepe is arguably just as exciting and younger.

Great signing for Arsenal, although again I'd question why that cash isn't being invested into their defence.

10 minutes ago, egg_fried_rice said:

A good player, but hardly where Arsenal are lacking at the moment. Ceballos a good signing, but only on loan with no option to buy and the one centre half they sign - a position where they are woefully short - they hoof back out on loan!

I honestly think they're plucking their transfer policy out of thin air.

Their main issues were central mid and defence yet they arent strengthening those regions. Dreadful decisions to not so far. You'd think a top class CB would be priority. 

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

As good as Pepe is its still a ****ing stupid piece of business for a club with no defence and barely any midfield. 

That's what I think as well. He looks like as awesome player and I think he will do very well in England. But Arsenal don't really struggle for goals - they already have Aubameyang and Lacazette and whilst I do know that their fans think they need a really good winger, the fact they signed a new centre back for 27m only to loan him back out to France sums them up. For me they are still the team we are most likely to finish above if we have a great season and though their forward line would be much better than ours, our defence and midfield is much better. Their Achilles heel is their defence and they still haven't sorted it.

Quite a coup to land the player though I will give them that! I thought he would end up at Liverpool as their sole summer signing as they could IMO do with cover / options for Mane / Salah.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

This would be an absolutely huge buy for Arsenal if that's the case 

Whats this waiting for the agents agreement? Ffs he works for the player not the other way round.

Perhaps we should drop Maguier's a couple of mil to say no to Utd.

Fecking joke.

Arsenal badly need defenders more than anything else.

They're probably a few season's away from establishing themselves in the top 4-5.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

42 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I thought that sounded great until I read it was £31mil with Juventus having a £36mil buy back. That effectively makes it a loan deal.

A loan deal where, if he turns out to be amazing you get him back in a couple of years with some Premier League experience or if he’s turns out crap you laugh with your 31 mil in the bank. It’s a win win for Juventus.

• Like 1

With a buy back clause, what happens if this lad scores 20 goals before Christmas and sets the Premier League on fire and Man City offer Everton £100 mil for him.

Can they sell him? Or do they have to sell him to Juventus for 36? 

Can Juventus envoke the buy back and resign him for 36 mil then sell to Man City for 100 mil the next day?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

A loan deal where, if he turns out to be amazing you get him back in a couple of years with some Premier League experience or if he’s turns out crap you laugh with your 31 mil in the bank. It’s a win win for Juventus.

Yep. Absolute no brainer for them. Poor business from Everton.

• Like 1

I like Moise Kean but he's played about 20 games worth of minutes, hard to know exactly how good he is playing the odd game for an elite side, especially when he's played against weaker teams.

12 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

This could be a brill move, but I think it's a poor one from a career perspective. Staying at Juve, he learns from the best goal scorer of our generation. He's 19, CR7 can teach him so much in terms of work ethic etc. 

I actually disagree on both counts. In an awful move for Everton and a great move from Kean. 

Forget all your dewy eyed motions of Ronaldo going from serial loner to Mr Miyagi, Kean needs minutes. He's seen how Ronaldo works and trains enough to be inspired, what he needs to do now is make like Tielemans, find a club where he's going to play every week. 

It's a bad move for Everton if the figures are accurate because in order for him to be worth 30+ they're going to have to double his ability over the next couple years. Moise Kean isn't Mbappe, he's not a teenager with all the polished edged worked on. He's an unfinished product that's extremely raw in places who has never been tested like he will be at Everton. 

They're not going to get a consistent match winner out of him this year, especially given they're desperate for a leading 9 - their own version of WHUs Haller deal - to complete their team. 

But if he does develop, does come on and they do turn him in to a start they lose him for a net gain of about 5m, which when you factor in football's crazy inflation at the minute that's basically a loss. Makes it more like a loan they're actually paying the fees for only with an extra security measure in place for Juve in case he turns out like Kelechi. 

23 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

He's done a great job and they do have some great players. But I agree, I think they'll concede too many goals. 

Could be wrong and they do well, but I'm dubious 

Having watched pre-season game at Rotherham, guess you could say the same about us.

13 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I actually disagree on both counts. In an awful move for Everton and a great move from Kean. 

Forget all your dewy eyed motions of Ronaldo going from serial loner to Mr Miyagi, Kean needs minutes. He's seen how Ronaldo works and trains enough to be inspired, what he needs to do now is make like Tielemans, find a club where he's going to play every week. 

It's a bad move for Everton if the figures are accurate because in order for him to be worth 30+ they're going to have to double his ability over the next couple years. Moise Kean isn't Mbappe, he's not a teenager with all the polished edged worked on. He's an unfinished product that's extremely raw in places who has never been tested like he will be at Everton. 

They're not going to get a consistent match winner out of him this year, especially given they're desperate for a leading 9 - their own version of WHUs Haller deal - to complete their team. 

But if he does develop, does come on and they do turn him in to a start they lose him for a net gain of about 5m, which when you factor in football's crazy inflation at the minute that's basically a loss. Makes it more like a loan they're actually paying the fees for only with an extra security measure in place for Juve in case he turns out like Kelechi. 

See I think the Prem can be one of the worst leagues for a young player to make a big money move over to. The pressure on him to kick on would be huge. 

Also big culture shock moving from Italy to England, he's only 19.  

Agreed on the Everton front, they need an experienced number 9 whose shown to lead the line and score goals. And financially its a bit sh1t, if he  does well enough to warrant the buy back he'll be worth way more.

1 hour ago, Midlands yellow said:

Norwich won’t be anywhere near the bottom 3 so don’t worry . 

I think you’re a dark horse for the Champions league as well 

Think LCFC have more quality and potential than Wolves imo, even with the the latter's decent signings they've made.

Not keen on the buy abroad aspect heavily, and would be more comfortable in giving highly-regarded academy younger an opportunity like LCFC obviosul y have done.

Edited by Wymeswold fox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Looks like Wolves are about completing this. Great signing for me, great price as well.

He won't start ahead of Jimenez. He'll probably suffer the Ihenacho syndrome of playing several 15 mins cameos without having any impact. Though if they get to EL group stages they will need him more.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Koke said:

He won't start ahead of Jimenez. He'll probably suffer the Ihenacho syndrome of playing several 15 mins cameos without having any impact. Though if they get to EL group stages they will need him more.

Could play Jota behind him and Jimenez if they really wanted to go for it :dunno:

5 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Could play Jota behind him and Jimenez if they really wanted to go for it :dunno:

They're not going to do that though are they. 

Why would you break up Jota and Jimenez? It's working really well for them tbf. 

I wouldn't want to change personnel or shape drastically at all if I was Wolves, just add depth which is what Cutrone is. Young guy to come in and back up Jimenez. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1