Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

5 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I'm convinced some of the people at the top level of clubs are totally utterly thick with no idea of football. In particular, Man U and Arsenal being main examples. 

Arsenal - We have a bomb scare defence who consistently make rash decisions and idiotic mistakes. We need a new defender......

Let's sign David Luiz! 

Manchester United - We've granted Sanchez a huge wage, we need to clear the wage bill and we didn't clear the squad of deadwood. We need to give the impression we don't overpay......

Sign three players for £50m, £16m and £80m. Continually chase after signing who don't fit. Insist on trying to get £75m for Lukaku. Allow some of your winger options to be a lad just joined from Swansea and untested 17 year old. Sold literally no-one except lost a key player who we pissed off cos Sanchez Tubbyarse is on mega money. 

Not to mention they've got rid of several defenders already... maybe Arsenal have a genius new system that disposes with the need to play a defence...

Going to be worth watching their opening games, see if they've really cocked up or have it all covered.

Made the comment in another thread. Weve signed 3 players, 2 which will bring instant impact and another to hopefully bed in. Fourth may appear tomm in Praet who again should add more depth and quality. We have a very good squad but in truth we are simply trying to keep up with the 6th-10th club. Yes, dream of a top 6 spot, we could achieve it clearly but let's not kid ourselves the big boys have got stronger and those directly around us have. Really excited to see what the season brings now with Roger's at the helm.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iamafox said:

Danny Mills said on SSN that Phil Foden is one of the best players on the planet

What a melon lollollol

Pep said he was the most talented player he's worked with. 

From Danny Mills, he's a melon I'd agree, but Pep, he knows a thing or two about this football malarkey. 

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Arsenal dont look as shit now as previously predicted. They've made some good signings. 

Although I think we can close the points gap, im afraid the top 6 will remain as it is

That's my opinion too. 

I have a hard time thinking that some saw them being ejected from the top 6. The "most likely" targets this season are MU and maybe Chelsea, and even that is a stretch. 

32 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

And Lukaku going Inter confirmed - £74m.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49263195

Now, Manchester United have lost a million on the fee they paid Everton. :D

8 years of watching this guy and I still cannot figure him out. His goal scoring record in the PL and for Belgium is great but he gets so much abuse and ridicule from football fans. 

He will do well at Inter. He will reach his 30s, and suddenly people will rate him.

16 minutes ago, Koke said:

I haven't followed it much but can anyone give me cliff notes on why David Luiz was so unhappy at Chelsea? Something to do with Sarri? 

I'd imagine so. Maybe didn't like Lampard even?! He signed a new contract in May (?) and now already is forcing a move. 

On the flip side, Arsenal have done well to get Tierney for only £25m and I think that's the better deal there even though Luiz is cheaper. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

David Luiz moving to Arsenal after Chelsea accept an £8 million offer 

Luiz gets a bad rep on here but I like the guy. Great fee, I guess his salary is very high though. I would've had him at Leicester though he probably wouldn't have been interested.

9 hours ago, StanSP said:

Scott Carson. 

Signing for Man City obviously. 

What is it about big clubs having 3rd choice journeymen keepers past their prime? Carson, Wright, Green, etc? 

Guess its partly to act an additional coach for the other keepers in the squad (and youth keepers).

8 minutes ago, Nalis said:

What is it about big clubs having 3rd choice journeymen keepers past their prime? Carson, Wright, Green, etc? 

Guess its partly to act an additional coach for the other keepers in the squad (and youth keepers).

Adds to the 8 home grown players in the 25 man squad. Man city might struggle for 8 over 21 years old without Carson.

27 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I'd imagine so. Maybe didn't like Lampard even?! He signed a new contract in May (?) and now already is forcing a move. . 

Strange move I must say. 

1 minute ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Palace still holding out for £100m for Zaha then :jawdrop:

When you think of the players who've moved for £100m plus, he's nowhere near that quality. Madness.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

Spurs have pushed the boat out getting Dybala and Lo Celco

If they get dybala top 3 guaranteed. If i were mancity/liverpool then i'd be concerned (and pray for a late season choke).

Edited by Jattdogg