Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Suprised spurs didn’t buy another cb because Toby can still leave for relatively cheap if a European team comes in and if they lose eriksen to then they will be no better off than they were last season. 

Thought Liverpool would have done more to try catch Man City. Hope Utd lose pogba abroad then there window has been poor. Arsenal could have a good season if everyone stays fit they will score a shed load of goals. Brighton palace and Burnley to go down this season I think. 

7 minutes ago, lcfc81 said:

Always a first day shock or two somewhere. I think being at home means Liverpool will probably win, however Norwhich are no mugs and have the promotion bounce.

I'm hoping Sheff Utd stuff Bournemouth personally. 

7 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Just watched a bit of Lo Celso on YouTube. He looks decent but nowt special. Good finisher, but his legs seem to go at a million miles an hour when he's running but doesn't actually have that much pace. I think Tielemans is a better overall player. 

Pepe on the other hand who I watched the other day, looks mustard. He'll be a real star, very exciting to watch. Hypnotic feet. 

Yes I think Pepe will be the best of the new signings too. It will certainly help that Arsenal already have two good attacking players who will massively benefit from having Pepe in the team. 

I also cant believe we got Tielemans. I was convinced Man U had Bruno Fernandes in the bag but they signed zero central midfielders! Harry Maguire literally cost more than double and even Wan-Bissaka cost more. I can only assume their scouts are blind because Tielemans is the real deal!

• Like 1

beat me to it, net spend ended up been similar to previous seasons.  Long term business strategy from king power seems clear, the club needs to be self sustainable.  Spent an early 100mill on the club but now is clearly paying dividends for them with nothing been put in the club and lots of exposure worldwide from the EPL.

Edited by Chrysalis

Interesting.

I can't think who the 7 outgoings plus 4 loans are?

Obviously Maguire and then Elder and Ndukwu loaned to Southend.  Who are the others?  Perhaps it includes Shinji and Simpson released.

Looking at that, it seems we didn't get a fee for Elder.  Also, the figures don't include the £10.2m we have to pay Hull as part of the Maguire deal.

Would love to see Villa fall flat on their face!  £144.5m net spend!!!

Edited by murphy

4 hours ago, The Bear said:

Some good info here on spending:

skysports-transfer-graphic_4740036.png

skysports-graphic-data-transfer_4740035.png

skysports-graphic-data-transfer_4740034.png

skysports-graphic-transfer_4740033.png

Who have Chelsea sold to get £213m? Hazard went for a bulk of that but any other big sales?

9 hours ago, Koke said:

Speaking of Iwobi, hadn't realised he is Arsenal's most expensive sale ever lol what has Wenger & and the board been doing for the last 10 years. They've had numerous world class players yet not a single one went for more than £40m. 

They still had a strong transfer window along with Spurs. Their place in the top 4 is almost a certainty. 

I’m not so sure about Arsenal. Luiz is well past his best and Tierney and Ceballos are complete unknown quantities in the premier league. They looks to have a very exciting front line, but beyond that - average. Ramsey Will be a loss and problems at the back will remain.

spurs have strengthened well, but let’s see who leaves. Levy runs a tight ship, so £70million net spend is out of character. If Eriksen and Alderweireld leave during the European window they have been weakened.

chelsea are ripe to be picked off, unless Lampard hits the ground running with youth. 

We we have a great chance at top 6 if we start the season strongly and don’t suffer injuries to key players. We desperately need Perez and Nacho to take some pressure off Vardy with goals. 

3 minutes ago, One Arm Babba said:

I’m not so sure about Arsenal. Luiz is well past his best and Tierney and Ceballos are complete unknown quantities in the premier league. They looks to have a very exciting front line, but beyond that - average. Ramsey Will be a loss and problems at the back will remain.

spurs have strengthened well, but let’s see who leaves. Levy runs a tight ship, so £70million net spend is out of character. If Eriksen and Alderweireld leave during the European window they have been weakened.

chelsea are ripe to be picked off, unless Lampard hits the ground running with youth. 

We we have a great chance at top 6 if we start the season strongly and don’t suffer injuries to key players. We desperately need Perez and Nacho to take some pressure off Vardy with goals. 

Man Utd are the most vulnerable. Decent defence but cant see Rashford getting 15+ goals. Sanchez and Martial wont either so not sure where they will get goals from.

Spurs and Arsenal will finish top 4 probably.

Edited by Koke

58 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

They still had a strong transfer window along with Spurs. Their place in the top 4 is almost a certainty. 

Outside of Man city and Liverpool I don’t think anyone else can say their positions in the top 4 or 6 is a certainty.

Just now, Aus Fox said:

Outside of Man city and Liverpool I don’t think anyone else can say their positions in the top 4 or 6 is a certainty.

That's why I said "almost".

I still do think that Arsenal have better chances to be there than Chelsea or MU.

I think Southampton will be a bit of a dark horse this year now Hasenhüttl has had a pre season with them...

Wolves will do well in Europa league.

Cant see anyone knocking Man City of their perch.. 

Arsenal top 4 :jawdrop:

Norwich and Villa will stay up, time up for Burnley, surely...

Blimey. 

I knew Villa had spent a lot. 

I didn't realise they'd out-spent (net spend) the rest of the league by some distance. 

Would be hilarious if they go down, as they would be ruined by it (if they aren't already ruined). 

Man City, Liverpool and Spurs look very likely to be the top three. I expect Arsenal to be fourth. Chelsea are a bit of an unknown right now. And United have a dodgy coach and their transfer window leaves much to be desired. That sixth spot is very much up for grabs between us, Wolves, Everton and perhaps another. It should be an exciting season.

I’ll be doing my full league review at lunch but my first thoughts are that Chelsea are being grossly over-rated by pundits. You could argue they have lost their best defender, best midfielder and have a strikeforce which badly needed a lead striker last season, let alone this 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Vacamion said:

Blimey. 

I knew Villa had spent a lot. 

I didn't realise they'd out-spent (net spend) the rest of the league by some distance. 

Would be hilarious if they go down, as they would be ruined by it (if they aren't already ruined). 

Their strikers:

Wesley, Kodjia, Davis. 

If Wesley doesn't hit the ground running they're going to be in real trouble and will almost certainly be looking for another striker in January no matter what happens.