Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

15 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Be fuming if I was a palace fan if Zaha goes to Everton. You can reluctantly accept your best players joining the big 6 but not to Everton and for him to force it too. 

If he goes, will Palace even have a right side anymore, with Wan-Bissaka gone as well? 

Just now, LC/FC said:

Does Lampard even want to have a defense anymore? With Cahill and Luiz both leaving? 

Cahill barely played anyway and was getting on a bit. 

They refused to sell Zouma but apparently Luiz is forcing this move through... 

Just now, StanSP said:

Cahill barely played anyway and was getting on a bit. 

They refused to sell Zouma but apparently Luiz is forcing this move through... 

Was still capable and decent as back up though. Much like us with Morgan. 

Just now, Meat and 2 veg said:

Depends what sort of standards you set yourself as a club.. I still remember wes’ performance away at wolves, truly shocking.

Well... Not so much as standards, more of them having a transfer embargo and losing 2 expirienced defenders in the same window. 

And we're panicking about having 4 atm. 

56 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

About 9mins in, Lescott just rules us out straight away due to the money we haven't spent compared to Everton. He goes on to say Everton haven't reinforced in the same positions; mate they've bought about 6 centre midfielders. 

Everton have bought poorly fairly often, would be no surprise if the same doesn't happen again. 

Everton, who:

1. Sold Gueye who produced 4.5 tackles per 90 and bought a guy who produces a paltry 1.6.
  2. Purchased a guy they had on loan for all of last season (1 goal, 1 assist).
  3. Bought Fabian Delph (wow...).
  4. Bought a striker who has scored 11 goals in the last 2 seasons.

Doesn't really seem like they've done crazy good business to me.

Moise Kean is interesting, but he's 19 and could quite easily flop.

If I could choose between a midfield of Gbamin, Gomes and Delph (or Sigurðsson) vs. Ndidi, Maddison and Tielemans.

... I'm certainly not using Everton's.

Edited by Beechey

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

Moise Kean could easily be Iheanacho MKII. The fact Sky (yes, I know) were reporting there was no buy-back clause included makes my expectations for him a bit lower also. Nevertheless, still a prospect but thought they would have wanted someone with a bit more of a proven track record considering they already have DCL. Oh well, we’ll see. 

Yeah, and given they've lost their best CB in Zouma, I'd say they're arguably weaker in midfield and defence now.

They might fix it, last season they seemed to buy about 15 players on deadline day, so it might happen.

I'm convinced some of the people at the top level of clubs are totally utterly thick with no idea of football. In particular, Man U and Arsenal being main examples. 

Arsenal - We have a bomb scare defence who consistently make rash decisions and idiotic mistakes. We need a new defender......

Let's sign David Luiz! 

Manchester United - We've granted Sanchez a huge wage, we need to clear the wage bill and we didn't clear the squad of deadwood. We need to give the impression we don't overpay......

Sign three players for £50m, £16m and £80m. Continually chase after signing who don't fit. Insist on trying to get £75m for Lukaku. Allow some of your winger options to be a lad just joined from Swansea and untested 17 year old. Sold literally no-one except lost a key player who we pissed off cos Sanchez Tubbyarse is on mega money. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

15 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I'm convinced some of the people at the top level of clubs are totally utterly thick with no idea of football. In particular, Man U and Arsenal being main examples. 

Arsenal - We have a bomb scare defence who consistently make rash decisions and idiotic mistakes. We need a new defender......

Let's sign David Luiz! 

Manchester United - We've granted Sanchez a huge wage, we need to clear the wage bill and we didn't clear the squad of deadwood. We need to give the impression we don't overpay......

Sign three players for £50m, £16m and £80m. Continually chase after signing who don't fit. Insist on trying to get £75m for Lukaku. Allow some of your winger options to be a lad just joined from Swansea and untested 17 year old. Sold literally no-one except lost a key player who we pissed off cos Sanchez Tubbyarse is on mega money. 

And I hope whoevers in those positions, at those clubs, have a job life.

:filbert_2:

36 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Let's sign David Luiz! 

Yep......reports of Man U attempting to sign Inaki Williams from Bilbao.....price....88 million euros. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

The only way Palace can survive now is if they accept our kind gesture of Rachid Ghezzal and Demarai Gray in exchange for Zaha. 

I think we offered Slim.

39 minutes ago, MPH said:

Spurs going into the new season full of confidence...

689B7731-2A49-467F-94FC-ECE9CA828026.jpeg

Spurs are the Vampire illusion of winners.

They may look to be holding a trophy, yet the illusion becomes all too apparent when you realise they don’t cast a reflection. 

3 hours ago, MPH said:

Spurs going into the new season full of confidence...

689B7731-2A49-467F-94FC-ECE9CA828026.jpeg

Let's release a video because we won the inter pub knockout on the park lollollol

The day I'll never forget ended with a Premier League Title.

• Haha 1