Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Arsenal post match 3-0

2 hours ago, Corky said:

We've seen the day when the mighty Arsenal go to Leicester City, give up possession and look to stop us playing.

The most abysmal Arsenal team I've seen, couldn't believe they looked set up to try and just counter us. It was like watching us play Palace or Newcastle, just with us having an end product!

• Like 1

Easily our best performance of the season. Can’t pick fault with anyone. Even before the red card we were absolutely battering them. Bullied them all over the park, controlled the game from start to finish. 

1 hour ago, murphy said:

What?  Have I slipped into another dimension?

Yes, of course, we were a counter attacking side, we always had less possession than the opposition.  We invited teams on and played rope-a-dope football.

I wouldn't call that counter attacking though, would you? 

When we actually attacked we were just effective with our finishing. 

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

Their keeper had an absolute blinder too 

45 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

We shouldn’t be too upset if we miss Europe for all of those reasons. It’s also important to note how much of a transition this season has been for us:

- Fuchs -> Chilwell

- Simpson -> Ricardo

- Morgan -> Evans

- Okazaki -> Maddison

- Mahrez -> Gray / Barnes

- Drinkwater / Iborra -> Mendy / Tielemans

We’ve replaced 6 first team players and yet have more points and goals (I think) than last season and under Rodgers play better stuff. The average age of the team is the youngest in the division. It was

completely worth “sacrificing” a season to do all of this.

I hear you  But to me, if the difference between European play or not winds up being a home loss to Cardiff, it feels a real opportunity muffed. ?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Yes.  That's why I said it.

Look we're going a little ot here but our title winning team was classic counter attack set up.  That's what we were known for, we did it better than anyone.

Puel turned us into a possession team.

We can agree to differ but this is the first time I've heard anyone say that Leicester's title team wasn't a counter attacking side.  There are animal species unknown to science that know that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, vanity said:

I hear you  But to me, if the difference between European play or not winds up being a home loss to Cardiff, it feels a real opportunity muffed. ?

Oh absolutely, regardless it is a missed opportunity, and that's why Puel lost his job. BUT, look on the bright side because there is still so much to look forward to. Also going into Europe means preseason gets interrupted and you pick up a lot more injuries. Look at how much everyone in the team has improved in just 2 months. If Rodgers and his team have a full preseason with our team, I think that is a lot more beneficial rather than starting earlier and having to churn out results instead of working on the fundamentals.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Foxes1 said:

"In the opening 45 mins schmeichel completed more passes than any arsenal player" oh my word arsenal are shit that is more than abysmal 

Edited by Fightforever
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jaspa said:

We'll do well to keep Ricardo this summer. He's on it every week, teams try kicking him a couple of times a match and he always keeps going. Hard working, fitness through the roof blasting around in the last ten minutes again, setting up goals, gliding past players, one twos, intelligence, pace and can put the ball into the right areas. I'd have him as player of the season, Chilly young player of the year.

Arsenal are a shadow of their former selves. They did have a couple of chances before the red card but heads then dropped and they couldn't get out of the funk.

Ricardo came on well second half but defensively was suspect on more than one occasion. They all played well today but if I was to be really really picky, although good, Ricardo and Maguire were for me our lesser performers. I personally don't see many top 5 suitors for Ricardos signature, we have several better prospects of interest to others.

1 minute ago, VIKTOR-LE5 said:

I meant no offence , but his missus is fit and yes am pissed. excusee excusee.

Mate if you’ve got a shed load of cash, even with a face like a bag of spammers you could have yourself a super fit arm ornament. It’s the way of the world.