Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

This thread is wild hahaha

I'm concerned about Barnes in recent weeks, he has suffered a crisis of confidence after doing a lot of good things but still being wasteful in front of goal. He now appears to be struggling with the parts of his game that he was still very dangerous at.

I think he'll be given a brief spell out of the team but it's just a shame our alternatives aren't exactly gifted at scoring or assisting either. I'm co fident Rodgers will improve him, I do confess I thought Barnes would have made a more significant impact in the Prem by now though. But it doesn't always work out that way and he has to fight his way to the top, needs to believe in himself. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

which is still young for a footballer in his first full season in the PL

He is not technically good. He has little understanding of his position, particularly defending. I’m afraid this is as good as it gets for him. 

Edited by jaylcfc94

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

This thread is wild hahaha

I'm concerned about Barnes in recent weeks, he has suffered a crisis of confidence after doing a lot of good things but still being wasteful in front of goal. He now appears to be struggling with the parts of his game that he was still very dangerous at.

I think he'll be given a brief spell out of the team but it's just a shame our alternatives aren't exactly gifted at scoring or assisting either. I'm co fident Rodgers will improve him, I do confess I thought Barnes would have made a more significant impact in the Prem by now though. But it doesn't always work out that way and he has to fight his way to the top, needs to believe in himself. 

He seems to shift frequently; if early on he does some skill or has a decent shot or assists an opportunity early on then he continues to improve and pushes on. But if things go badly he can shrink and can be too safe. 

He's definitely a confidence player, hopefully he starts to believe in himself and Rodgers can show him he's a bloody good player.

I agree on him maybe being taken back from the starting 11 for a week or so, similar to Gray and Nacho. Give him time and I'm sure he'll produce 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John12345 said:

Hes obviously still learning and I think he will be great in time. Like Chilwell and maddison things don't happen instantly and it's his 1st full season. Having said that it is frustrating as if he was a bit more composed we'd have won yesterday. 

The thing with him is that technically he’s not very good at all. With Maddison he has excellent technical ability and understanding of the game.

Edited by jaylcfc94

21 minutes ago, matty98 said:

Barnes could be unreal, just needs to add some aggression to his game and believe in himself.

This is exactly what Rogers said about him. He said Barnes was too nice and doesn’t realise how good he is. All about self confidence at this level.

1 minute ago, jaylcfc94 said:

Sorry for having an opinion about the player who’s holding us back. I won’t next time 

Yep holding us back, clear in 2nd place which is beyond anyones expectations, please define holding us back.

I an starting to think you are a Forest fan on the wind up

• Like 3

1 minute ago, weller54 said:

He was scoring for fun when at WBA..some crackers as well.

PL different I know but he's had some easy chances?

Yeah he has I don’t know what to say it is weird. I think when he does get a few he will be a player revitalised. 

• Thanks 1