Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

2 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

People were on maddison's back last season. Chillwell's this. But they are very quiet now.

It's not rocket science lads young players form dips more than more experienced players in their primes. And I have no doubt that in a few months Harvey will be making @jaylcfc94 look even more silly than he already does.

Exactly. Chilwell used to get shit loads of abuse on here. This is Harvey’s first full season in the prem ffs.

• Like 3

Barnes will come good make no mistake about it. His link up play at times is phenomenal. He walks past players with ease and gets in great positions. It's just unfortunate that at the moment for one reason or another he can't seem to bag a goal to save his life. 

Chilwell was the same he was awful for us for a good while but given time he repaid the managers faith and is now one of the best left backs in the premier. Barnes will be the same. 

1 hour ago, jaylcfc94 said:

We could finish 17th and @Ian S will be saying it’s okay because we were in league one... 

I have no idea what this response actually means,we are 2nd in the league and you continue to vilify a a young player who has contributed, you are just boring me now so i withdraw from this discussion

3 hours ago, Sampson said:

Of course, but firstly Vardy has proven he could do it in the past at this level and Barnes simply hasn't and had gone a whole calendar year constantly missing chances then people would absolutely be saying Vardy isn't the player he was.

We're not talking about 3 or 4 games now, we're talking about January 2019-December 2019/ All of last season we heard "he just needs a goal" - he got it after nearly fluffing an easy chance, he didn't go on a run and now all this season we've heard is "he just needs a goal.

Mate, he's averaging 1.9 shots per game this season and averaged 2.5 shots per game for us last season - in that time, he's scored a whopping 2 goals over an entire calendar year now - 1 of which was a fluffed shot that probably wouldn't have gone in if he'd hit it cleanly

We're not talking about a bit of bad form for a few games, we're talking about the absolute worst in the league shot to goals ratio over an entire calendar year! His finishing has been absolutely inexcusable for a long time now.

Albrighton and Gray score about once every decade, it's not just Barnes. You say Barnes has scored a "whopping 2 goals over an entire calendar year" yet I see you constantly backing and calling for Albrighton yet his best return is about 3 goals in a season, not exactly a massive difference is it.

It took Vardy a whole season before he looked like he was the finished package, so to speak. I always backed Vardy on here, he was decent but not finished package, he wasn't clinical when he first joined.

Barnes is still young and learning. As I said earlier, if we had enough quality out wide he'd probably be sent out on loan to another PL side to get better but we haven't got that quality. We haven't had a quality winger, someone who will win us games, since Mahrez. And we're not a club to have quality in depth.

Edited by Fox92

Barnes struggled yesterday for sure but cut the fella some slack. He's still young and is fighting for a place in a Champions League chasing team. Echoes of the ludicrous criticism Chilwell was getting not so long ago. Just trust Brendan's judgement. 

• Like 2

I'm not going to be too harsh on Barnes

He is a young man. Still learning, not everyone has finishing at that age. Or any age for that matter sometimes.

I'm not saying we get rid of him.

But he's just not enough RN. We should not be putting so much pressure on a 22 year old winger to produce so much. I said it before and I'll say it again. We need two new wingers, or one when Perez realises  its been half the season and turns into prime Gareth bale...what  I'm saying is

Give Barnes time...he'll come good,right now there's just a bit too much pressure

• Like 1