Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

Just now, foxile5 said:

In half a season he's supplied nearly half the goals and assists Gray has over 157 appearances. The lad is brilliant. 

Yeah his stats also dwarf Albrighton's too.

It's going to be interesting to see how far Barnes can go, and will be a good examination of Rodgers' qualities as a coach. Wingers who can get to the 15 goals + assists level consistently I would consider top-class, those at 10 of each are very good. Many of us on here are crying out for a winger because we all get the feeling that a player like Mahrez / Salah / Mane / Sane would take this team to another level. There is of course a reason why such players cost 60m+ these days! But it might be that we have to do it the old-fashioned way and develop players into that sort of level instead. For me Perez also had a good game today, getting stuck in and putting in some good passes to threaten.

• Like 1

Thought he was brilliant today. Went the right side of the goal but just put a little too much on it- hoping it doesn’t effect his confidence too much cause he’s starting to hit some real form. 

What a talent the boy is though. Absolutely rapid aswell. 

Kind of classic Barnes giveth and taketh away performance today.  Gets himself in terrific positions but his end product remains pretty dreadful.  His goal was pure luck and the one he missed after Vardy teed him up was a howler (as was Evans' miss).

Bottom line is he's our most dangerous wide player and simply by virtue of his willingness to run at defenders and his knack for getting himself into dangerous areas, his play does lead to goals.  But if he ever figures out how not to suck as a finisher he could be a real player.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

That run at the end was ridiculous, he is on fire. Bad miss to probably win us the game, only slight consideration was I actually think Caballero saves that if he kicks it along the ground but inside the post. 

Is that his first full 90 mins under Rodgers in the league too? Him and Perez were our best players by far today.

Agreed and I think they were both very good against West Ham too.

Good to know that just as we were beginning to question both, they've both improved significantly. I still think we need to go for a top draw wide forward in the summer, but both players I think have proved they are good and will have an important part to play for us in the next few years.

Albrighton I expect will be allowed to leave, which will truly be the end of an era for a real fans favourite, and I wonder what will happen to Gray? I expect only one of the two leaves so we have cover, even if they don't play so much.

• Like 2

Don't underestimate his improvement in his defensive work too,won a number of tackles in areas we briefly looked exposed in. 

You now see why Rodgers persists with him, it's a process to getting him to where he's capable of and when he gets there we have a very good player on our hands.

• Like 3

He really should of scored today....,but We have seen our more experienced,players flunk it over the past few months.

His first PL Full season,he still has some leaway....

We got off to a slow start,but I thought we Defended well. There were moments in that half, but we have been too slow building from the back..

WE are too slow getting Barnes into the game...Plus he himself ,should start to take his oppo-Player on,when in tight positions.

The 2nd half,was ours to lose....Very frustrated that Barnes had a few sighters,Great he forced the equaliser,but for his other opennings its not the 1st time,hes dragged his chances...

Just observations, above ,no massive critic intended..!!

I want to See him see the season out,be selected and supported,and helped to make that position his..!!

I believe if given free range,some Finishing coaching,and encourage even more to Take his man on,even if it fails sometimes ,

he can Build himself into that winger we are looking for. He should be given the Man.City game,and encourage to attack that Area between penalty Box

and Corner flag.The cut-in  a suprise,or when it opens up...M.City have weakness in that area...

Gray becomes his and Perez rotational cover...

"Supporters" should get off the crack pipe.

Every match he's getting better and better building his confidence and decision making. Looking less mechanical and more improvisational. Barnes is happening now.