Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

Enjoying his recent form after a spell of very poor form!

Hope he keeps this up for an elongated period of time. A scoring and creative winger is what we've thrived and are we now seeing it? 3 in 3 now and should have been 4 in 3 really.

Liked the way he ran at James and took on their defence and looked lively.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

That run at the end was ridiculous, he is on fire. Bad miss to probably win us the game, only slight consideration was I actually think Caballero saves that if he kicks it along the ground but inside the post. 

Is that his first full 90 mins under Rodgers in the league too? Him and Perez were our best players by far today.

I think his last run out or the time before that he made all 90. He's definitely some it once recently

2 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Kind of classic Barnes giveth and taketh away performance today.  Gets himself in terrific positions but his end product remains pretty dreadful.  His goal was pure luck and the one he missed after Vardy teed him up was a howler (as was Evans' miss).

Bottom line is he's our most dangerous wide player and simply by virtue of his willingness to run at defenders and his knack for getting himself into dangerous areas, his play does lead to goals.  But if he ever figures out how not to suck as a finisher he could be a real player.

Actually looking at some alternate angles for his goal I'm pretty sure he meant to finish it into the ground first like that, or it at least didn't take a deflection like it first seemed. The miss was dreadful though, agreed

2 hours ago, Farrington fox said:

Once the lad gets clinical at finishing, and delivering that killer final ball, he’ll be top drawer. Got to be a bit patient. Bet we’ll see a marked improvement on that aspect of his game next season. 

Just remember if and when that happens, he is gone.

2 hours ago, Farrington fox said:

Once the lad gets clinical at finishing, and delivering that killer final ball, he’ll be top drawer. Got to be a bit patient. Bet we’ll see a marked improvement on that aspect of his game next season. 

Honestly, the final ball is there. Most of his assists this season have just been sexy. For Nacho on Tuesday, Perez vs Southampton away, Vardy at home to Burnley. Just his finishing needs to catch up

• Like 2

OK peeps this is the way I perceive the current situation, BR is ( as all relatively new managers must) working with what he's got, he's got Harvey and Perez- neither one wide players, neither want to play wide but they do cos they're asked and selected to.

Until el gaffado can get the wide players he wants he and we must accept both players are being played out of position and cannot be Mahrez mk2 ( who could).

Personally I think Barnes has massive potential - Perez less so, but what do I know, I don't want to lose either and although I do shout and moan in the heat of battle, both have made a large contribution to where we are now.

I trust BR, he clearly rates both players so maybe he's right and the critics are wrong....

I may post jokey stuff about various players, that's for fun, but we have a good TEAM - it's impossible to pick out individuals and say with any amount of certainty that the team would perform better without them.

Phew.... Right I'm off down the pub..

BTW  Dr the Singh, I'm not really 12, it was just a joke so you can relax 😊

Harvey put in a good performance again today; great battle with the equally promising Reece James.

However, that late chance was a a great opportunity to really announce himself and put himself in contention for a spot at the Euros. I know it’s harsh, but I really feel that the key moments separate the top players from the decent pros. Harvey is at a bit of a cross roads for me; bags of potential, but not yet the player we all hope he will become.

On balance you have to say he is really maturing this season and it is perhaps a reflection of his progress that I feel he didn’t perform to his full capability, despite being one of the best players on the pitch in a genuine Top 4 match.

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

He's getting bigger and stronger, just wish he had a bit of aggression in his game. Get the feeling he's far too nice.

B Rodge has identified a lack of arrogance too. That can be coached to an extent. 

Serious player here. Loved his celebration too.