Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

16 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

Saw a young lad play 50 games on the wing for City before being switched to centre forward. Gary something. Bit hazy but think that worked out ok.

Moderately successful football career I believe, sells crisps now....:ph34r:

• Like 1

As a newcomer to Forum I've been flicking through old player posts which also brings up old video links. Harvey Barnes has 87 pages but dipping through these is just as much a pleasure as it was JJ's. While the club can field Jamie Vardy, Kasper, JJ and Harvey Barnes we'll never be rubbish. I know its only four players but 4 loyal club men who can perform to a very high standard and always give 100% is enough to go a long way to inspiring the whole team. So far I've only looked through JJ, D Gray, Iheanaco, and Harvey Barnes' player posts but its amazing how quickly the forum members spot talent and commitment (or otherwise )from players earliest selection. You guys are n't as daft as I thought. Whats more I'm sure the club has others with talent, commitment, and hopefully loyalty and I'm hoping Fofana, Soyuncu, Castaigne,Under (if he stays) will also develop as players and stick with LCFC .Perhaps too much to hope for , but I think the clubs future looks pretty rosy for a few years and maybe longer, certainly longer if we can eventually find another gem like Jamie Vardy. What a bargain he's proved.

Final thought I think Brendan Rogers goes a long way in producing player loyalty and contentment at a club. I think slightly tougher half time talks and a bit more emotion and we might have got a really big bargain with Brendan although I know he wasn 't cheap.He's the key man and if only he could get a tiny bit more belief and give the less committed players a tiny bit more inspiration I'd love to see him get a premiership win in England. We could be in a good position to try for this year.

Edited by Alan Frost
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Alan Frost said:

As a newcomer to Forum I've been flicking through old player posts which also brings up old video links. Harvey Barnes has 87 pages but dipping through these is just as much a pleasure as it was JJ's. While the club can field Jamie Vardy, Kasper, JJ and Harvey Barnes we'll never be rubbish. I know its only four players but 4 loyal club men who can perform to a very high standard and always give 100% is enough to go a long way to inspiring the whole team. So far I've only looked through JJ, D Gray, Iheanaco, and Harvey Barnes' player posts but its amazing how quickly the forum members spot talent and commitment (or otherwise )from players earliest selection. You guys are n't as daft as I thought. Whats more I'm sure the club has others with talent, commitment, and hopefully loyalty and I'm hoping Fofana, Soyuncu, Castaigne,Under (if he stays) will also develop as players and stick with LCFC .Perhaps too much to hope for , but I think the clubs future looks pretty rosy for a few years and maybe longer, certainly longer if we can eventually find another gem like Jamie Vardy. What a bargain he's proved.

Final thought I think Brendan Rogers goes a long way in producing player loyalty and contentment at a club. I think slightly tougher half time talks and a bit more emotion and we might have got a really big bargain with Brendan although I know he wasn 't cheap.He's the key man and if only he could get a tiny bit more belief and give the less committed players a tiny bit more inspiration I'd love to see him get a premiership win in England. We could be in a good position to try for this year.

Nice post. Barnes was indeed spotted early as a huge talent some years back despite some

knocking him. He is a pleasure to watch and will do very well. I hope we can keep him.

Another one to watch out for I think is KDH. I wouldn’t say he is as talented as Barnes, but he will do better than Chilwell at least I think,  eventually if given belief and chance here.

I agree with you about Rodgers. He can do a little more inspiring and add a bit more passion and belief. It was understandable when he first come in to talk us down, but a year in I’d like us to have a bit more belief in our plays and show a bit more winning mentality as the title winning team had and the likes of Vardy and Kasper still have.

One other thing I like about Barnes which shows how old fashioned I am. It seems to me Barnes celebrations of his goals are a little bit more restrained than many. Obviously goals mean so much now in terms of money that celebrations are more and more exotic although shirts off are now banned. Nothing wrong with that I just prefer a bit more restraint. I went to a grammar school in itself giving my age away a bit, a school that year after year had a superlative football record (I was n't ever in the team) often going a whole season without defeat even though there were occasional matches against Cambridge college teams. Woe betide any forward or player showing any excess emotion at scoring a goal. Almost always they are a team effort and the goal scorer has the easiest job of all.but I prefer the old fashioned--score-= straight back for kick off. I suspect that approach probably demoralises the opposition more , acting as if all goals are routine.

Just now, Alan Frost said:

One other thing I like about Barnes which shows how old fashioned I am. It seems to me Barnes celebrations of his goals are a little bit more restrained than many. Obviously goals mean so much now in terms of money that celebrations are more and more exotic although shirts off are now banned. Nothing wrong with that I just prefer a bit more restraint. I went to a grammar school in itself giving my age away a bit, a school that year after year had a superlative football record (I was n't ever in the team) often going a whole season without defeat even though there were occasional matches against Cambridge college teams. Woe betide any forward or player showing any excess emotion at scoring a goal. Almost always they are a team effort and the goal scorer has the easiest job of all.but I prefer the old fashioned--score-= straight back for kick off. I suspect that approach probably demoralises the opposition more , acting as if all goals are routine.

Prefer the likes of Vardy’s eagle personally 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

4 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Yeah thats pretty restrained by modern standards and OK with me but still looks a bit off when its a simple unmissable tap in.

Edited by Alan Frost

10 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

If he makes the England squad he's as good as sold.

There are still a few players mature enough to realise being a star at Leicester might long term be a better bet than joining glamour and risking being sidelined when their other stars mean you are sidelined to the bench, when you inevitably in time hit a short loss of form. Plenty of examples of this. Has been pretty well career ending for many. Lets hope Barnes is smart enough to realise this , he looks it to me.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

I mentioned it in the Hamza topic, but we should be keeping our best players happy and sending his best friend away isn't a good start.

Are we changing our name to Friends United or Face Book Rovers?   We are a football Club not a Boy Scouts Troop.

46 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Pocket the money and then we could have the Leicester fan wet dream of Fuchs and Albrighton on the wings providing defensive cover.

With Fofana in midfield because “he’s very composed and a bit skinny for a centre back”

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Would take £75m + IMO which nobody in their right mind would pay.

I'm not convinced they wouldn't pay that English, 23, on a upwards projectory regarding performance.

11 goals and 12 assists in 71 games so a goal contribution every 3.08 games.

If you take this season only, it's a contribution every 2.66 games.

For 75m you could get 6-7 season out of him.

Or they get Sancho for around a 100m, who has much better stats in Germany. However that's tainted by watching how poorly Werner and Havertz have adapted to the PL.

I don't think it's as outlandish as you think.

• Sad 1