Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Barnes needs some rest to be honest. One of the things we should be looking for in the summer window is a left winger for some depth/competition. 

I wonder if Under can play left winger? Under does have a good left foot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Barnes needs some rest to be honest. One of the things we should be looking for in the summer window is a left winger for some depth/competition. 

I think a left-footed right winger would be a higher-priority. Albrighton won the title with us playing on the left. I'm sure Ricardo could be good there, as well. Under's the only left-footed one we have, and it remains to be seen whether we sign him permanently.

1 hour ago, Tom12345 said:

I wonder if Under can play left winger? Under does have a good left foot.

Maybe, but it depends on how good his right foot is, not his left. He is left-footed. We like our wingers to play on the opposite side to their best foot, as they are usually cutting inside and not swinging crosses in.

13 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

I think a left-footed right winger would be a higher-priority. Albrighton won the title with us playing on the left. I'm sure Ricardo could be good there, as well. Under's the only left-footed one we have, and it remains to be seen whether we sign him permanently.

Maybe, but it depends on how good his right foot is, not his left. He is left-footed. We like our wingers to play on the opposite side to their best foot, as they are usually cutting inside and not swinging crosses in.

Good point. Under can use his right too, as we saw with his pretty accurate right footed crosses, so he can probably play either wing.

Put in a solid performance yesterday, Harvey Barnes. Was impressed by his work-ethic, involvement in attack, and link-up play with few of the players. Really a hard-working and industrious player for the team - was moving all over the field against Everton and really looking to get involved. (I noticed on the LCFC Instagram story he was having a Red Bull pre-match, so that may explain why, haha. :D

BT Sports commentator also chose Harvey Barnes for his personal "man of the match".

• Like 1

Agree Barnes had a good game, especially in the first 20 mins. After that though he was less involved in our attacking plays or otherwise he could not do as much as that side of the pitch was heavily manned. It would have been good if Under came in earlier so Everton needed to spread themselves across the pitch more. Barnes can still improve in terms of positioning and how to make it easier for his teammates to pass to him when the opposition presses, but he is getting better and is now much better compared to even 3 months ago.

• Like 1

I recall when Vardy used to play out wide for LC and also when sporting an England shirt. Never his most lethal position but he was always a good server of the ball sending crosses into the box for Leonardo to get a head onto. Then he moved central and what a difference where his pace now put him central onto goal, often 1 on 1. Harvey B may well make a good break away centre forward one day, in the Vardy mould of direct running and into the net passing, or volleying, or heading or smashing. I think he has the potential to step inside one day, just needs to learn how to be a totally aggressive little git that gets under defenders inner skin.

2 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

he kept cutting inside last night with the ball and running directly at the defence and they didn't know what to do .

It's really joyful to watch too. It's quite funny because at times he literally runs straight at a defender, which you would think would not work. But you clearly see the defender terrified of him and not knowing what to do! But he's also got skill too, he did a nice little nutmeg and step over in the first half that was class. He's shown he can beat players like Reece James, Coleman, Walker, players that are no mugs. His improvement is brilliant and he appears to be getting even better. A few seasons ago I wouldn't have believed it, but now I don't think it's that outlandish to think he could get to a Sadio Mane level. Diego Jota started his Liverpool career on fire, and I don't see that much of a difference between him and Barnes. Jota the better finisher, Barnes for me has the better all round game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

We won't entertain any bids south of £60-70m and nobody will stump up that cash yet. I absolutely love him and would personally never sell him - you can buy talented replacements but you can't buy homegrown talent. 

Quite right. Hope he can grow with the club and we can see peak Barnes at the club. It would also be good for his development to at least stay put for a few years to learn under Rodgers, be a regular starter in a Top 4 club (I know), spend days and nights at the club’s new worldclass facilities, be near home and be paid relatively well still.

3 hours ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Getting better and better, great to see 👏

Thought he was excellent last night, he might make a run for the Euro's squad and last night would have helped, especially with Southgate there.  His game awareness is really starting to improve, where to move, when to pass & shoot etc., his finishing is starting to improve, lets hope he can much further develop calmness in front of goal like the 2nd against Southampton.

I have a mate who thinks he could be the next Lineker (I'm not so sure but....), i.e. started out wide and finished up down the middle, didn't actually know if these games without were a chance to try that as BR obviously doesn't trust Nach again currently and AP doesn't run the line and comes deep.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I still don't think he realises how good he is, need to demand more of the ball from his team mates.

He one of the reasons we shouldn't fear the job of replacing Vardy.

We need to have a more balance front three who share the load,

You make a great point that our future lies not in relying on one world-class finisher up front, but in spreading the threat among excellent players at the #7 through #11 spots.  We’ll be a better side for it in the long run.  (And if Youri stays with us, we’ll still have a world-class player among those five.)

The problem remains, getting to the long run.  To think about our first season without Vardy is to know true fear!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KingsX said:

You make a great point that our future lies not in relying on one world-class finisher up front, but in spreading the threat among excellent players at the #7 through #11 spots.  We’ll be a better side for it in the long run.  (And if Youri stays with us, we’ll still have a world-class player among those five.)

The problem remains, getting to the long run.  To think about our first season without Vardy is to know true fear!

I think if we can manage some of Vardy workload, we could have him around for another 2 season.

We have a choice buy a straight replacement like Ings or develop a player like Eduardo. 

Finally nail a RW player of quality, which could be Under or someone else.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Babylon said:

What a player, hate to say it but someone will be in for him in the summer if he keeps this up. 

Nobody will be buying from us this summer. Not when Ligue 1 is in such a crisis, you could get similar quality players for a fraction of what you'd pay us for. And anyway, what club needs a left winger?

Man City: Sterling, Torres

Liverpool: Mane, Jota

Man United: Rashford, Martial

Chelsea: Pulisic, Hudson-Odoi

Nobody else could afford him.