Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

The likes of JJ’s performances have been getting the plaudits this season, it’s kind of felt like Harvey’s good form has gone under the radar a bit.

He has come on leaps and bounds since last season, many were highly critical of him last season, myself included because his inconsistent form was extremely frustrating, one game he looked ready for the first 11, the next game he looked like a player not worthy of a place in the 18.

This season though, he has improved dramatically in the two areas he needed to improve the most, consistency and goals. Every game he plays now, you feel he can contribute in one way or another.

To be fair, if his finishing was better, he would be on 15+ goals by now.

23 minutes ago, MPH said:

@Finneganwasn't it you who said to me at the beginning of the season he’d never score regularly? Hang your head in shame!

Wasn't this in response to a claim we should play him down the middle as a Vardy heir? 

I'm sure I remember saying he's unlikely to improve sufficiently to score with that kind of regularity and I stand by that. Very few players make that kind of improvement, it's not just about technique striking the ball it's everything that makes up Vardy's game, in particular the genius of his movement off the ball. 

I also said many, many times last year that he'll start scoring more once he settles and gets confidence, he clearly has the technique but he was rushing shots all over the place last year and panicking when facing the keeper. 

I feel pretty vindicated in most of the things I've said about Barnes to date. 

:dunno:

22 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Harvey has improved greatly in 12 Months and will continue to do so. But he's not ready to lead the line if Vardy is out.

For me that has to be Perez, You could see tonight what a clever player he is and also has quick feet. He can play in tight areas.

Perez was shocking tonight as he regularly is, i dont know what people see in him, i dont think he's assisted vardy once in his year and a half here and he cant finish.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, honeybradger said:

Perez was shocking tonight as he regularly is, i dont know what people see in him, i dont think he's assisted vardy once in his year and a half here and he cant finish.

You are such a plum. I almost didn't post this.. but someone had to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

You missed him rinsing two of their players down the right then? If he squares that ball for Vardy, perceptions would have altered rapidly.

Agreed. Made a great recovery challenge on our 18 yard line too. The ball had gone beyond Wilf and Youri. Vital tackle. He should have squared to Vardy but otherwise he came on and was effective.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

You missed him rinsing two of their players down the right then? If he squares that ball for Vardy, perceptions would have altered rapidly.

You mean if he had squared it for a tap in rather than blasting the ball over from 10 yards?

Edited by filbertway
  • Haha 1

He’s regularly shown some of his ability in games but he’s never really brought it all together very often. Today he was a constant menace and provided end product. Two of the passes he played to Vardy were sublime due to the difficulty involved.

He could potentially get 20 in all competitions, it’s unlikely but we’ve got 20 league games left and you’d hope at least 10 games left in the cups.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, honeybradger said:

No he wasn't, He was one of our better players when he came on. Including getting in a saving tackle when Southampton were likely to score at 1 nil.

He's technically very good with a quick Brain and quick feet and takes up good positions in the box. Who also has a 25% scoring rate. Which I'm sure is better than Kelechi Iheanacho.

If he get's any kind of a run in the team he'll show what a good player he is. We may need him if Jamie is going to be missing games.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Idk why we can’t just all celebrate the win instead of still trying to make scapegoats out of players, some people are only happy when they’re moaning.

Precisely. After a win, you can set your watch on people finding special new ways to find fault in something.

• Like 1