Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

4 of his last 5 goals have been left footed and all of them class finishes. I read a stat that a third of his goals in senior football have been with his left foot, amazing. Becoming a real danger for us in front of goal. Assists have dried up this season, mainly due to playing a different role but the goals are increasing and long may that continue. 

Him and Thomas the only bright spark today IMO.

3 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Considering Mahrez went for £65 the season after, I'd say that's pretty much going rate for a decent, young striker

yeah that’s the problem though... to call him ‘decent’ makes him overrated..

4 hours ago, Hammo said:

Until quite recently Harvey was getting slated by all and sundry for his finishing - and justifiably so.

The lad has obviously worked hard on this in training and deserves huge credit for the improvement.

plus, the nation now gets to hear what a proper Leicester accent sounds like (i.e. nothing like Brummie or ‘northern’) in his post-match interviews.

He showed at West Brom that he could score but the step up at that age was huge. I think also that after a few misses there may very understandably have been some confidence issues. Goals breed confidence, he now knows he can do it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hammo said:

Until quite recently Harvey was getting slated by all and sundry for his finishing - and justifiably so.

The lad has obviously worked hard on this in training and deserves huge credit for the improvement.

plus, the nation now gets to hear what a proper Leicester accent sounds like (i.e. nothing like Brummie or ‘northern’) in his post-match interviews.

Agreed. I knew it was only a matter of time until he was scoring more regularly. He was often getting into good positions to shoot or assist even when he wasn't scoring. He's got 8 already and we're a few games from the halfway point yet.

Re: the accent thing - MotD is hosted by Lineker, and Dion and Emile are often on the telly, as well. I agree it is probably one of the least 'famous' accents in the country, though.

We all knew when Barnes improved his finishing he'd be unbelievable. Zaha get hyped and get £50m+ price tag on him but Barnes is actually a better player.

When he adds 10-15 goals to his dribbling skills, link up play, and movement, he will be amazing.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, David Hankey said:

Harvey is as underrated as Nacho is overrated. 

6 hours ago, StanSP said:

Is Nacho overrated?

I'm pretty sure Nacho is Unrated,

unrated.JPG.6a85e01224699638a29df62612c71900.JPG

Edited by KingsX

He's going to be good. Really good. His last two goals are total class. Go on Harvey. Go on a run.

Maybe we should turn him into Vardy the II.

Every time he gets the ball, it feels like he can make something happen. So refreshing to see a player always wanting to take a defender on and back himself with his pace and skill. Absolute pleasure to watch him develop and great to see so many pundits and opposing fans speak so highly of him. He is just going to get better and better too :wub:

Special mention for Luke Thomas too. They seem to bring out the best in each other and hopefully will be a partnership for years to come for us. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Hammo said:

I don't think it was justifiable.  He was (is) a young player from the academy improving every year.  His loan spells have shown that he can finish.  You get less time in the PL so he has had to adapt and improve again but he has aced every challenge he has faced and is till on an upward trajectory.

I can't believe I am saying this because to me it is glaringly obvious but young players coming into the first team need to develop and we need to show patience.  It was clear to me that he was always going to be a special player.

James Justin is another case in point.  Criticised by some early on despite making a leap from League 1 to the PL.  Hopefully they feel foolish now but I wouldn't bank on it.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, murphy said:

I don't think it was justifiable.  He was (is) a young player from the academy improving every year.  His loan spells have shown that he can finish.  You get less time in the PL so he has had to adapt and improve again but he has aced every challenge he has faced and is till on an upward trajectory.

I can't believe I am saying this because to me it is glaringly obvious but young players coming into the first team need to develop and we need to show patience.  It was clear to me that he was always going to be a special player.

James Justin is another case in point.  Criticised by some early on despite making a leap from League 1 to the PL.  Hopefully they feel foolish now but I wouldn't bank on it.  

Fair and well argued point but that smug last sentence lets you down.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Hammo said:

Fair and well argued point but that smug last sentence lets you down.

Perhaps but it is a particular frustration for me when people can't understand the idea of youth development from academy or lower leagues into the first team, especially when the raw talent is quite obvious.

That 'smug last sentence' relates to the fact that I keep reading the same things with young players in the early stages of making that step up.  In other words, often people don't seem to get it and don't seem to learn.  

edit - I forgot to thank you for the critique by the way,  I didn't realise we were being marked as such, but as ever, your opinion means the world to me. :)

Edited by murphy