Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

3 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Is there any truth in the 'Man United interested' stuff, or is it the usual noise made to keep everyone interested?

Well I haven't seen it in any news papers if that's what you mean 🙂

Just now, Ashley said:

Well I haven't seen it in any news papers if that's what you mean 🙂

Sort of :) I just think this guff gets produced to cause sensation, chit-chat and unsettle players. I guess it's all part of the general charade, but it's amazing how this stuff becomes 'the truth' really quickly.

For example, someone was discussing Alan Shearer earlier, and that he allegedly held the FA to ransom after he kicked Lennon in the face - I decided not to comment, because a) it could easily appear argumentative and b) life is too short anyway, but I do wonder if that's actually what happened, or if it's just folklore without basis.

32 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Sort of :) I just think this guff gets produced to cause sensation, chit-chat and unsettle players. I guess it's all part of the general charade, but it's amazing how this stuff becomes 'the truth' really quickly.

For example, someone was discussing Alan Shearer earlier, and that he allegedly held the FA to ransom after he kicked Lennon in the face - I decided not to comment, because a) it could easily appear argumentative and b) life is too short anyway, but I do wonder if that's actually what happened, or if it's just folklore without basis.

He did didn't he? Sure he said he wouldn't represent England at the World Cup if anything came of it?

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Would take £75m + IMO which nobody in their right mind would pay.

Well, someone paid £80m for McGuire. I rate McGuire (bit less lately) but even now I'd rate Barnes as being worth more and in a few years the gap might grow bigger..

2 hours ago, Blue and white said:

I mentioned it in the Hamza topic, but we should be keeping our best players happy and sending his best friend away isn't a good start.

I agree with you in as much as the best managers including I think BR , realise keeping players happy is a big and important part of the job. Arsenal still have Ozil but he's not doing a lot altho I think thats a complicated man management issue. 

On 02/01/2021 at 19:49, sacreblueits442 said:

...shop window....the big boys take notice!!!

I hope BR isn't as obsessed with resting young players, keeping players out so they don't get injured , and worrying about the big boys as the forum sometimes seems. Footballers  love playing more than resting or at least I hope ours  do, they are not dockers or labourers who appreciate a rest. When Neymar went to PSG they paid him to play not be wrapped in cotton wool and we're not midgets. In any case the big boys don't read forums or fan chat to window shop, the shop window is on the pitch . We don't want our good performers resting, not playing, or hidden. How are you ever proposing to win anything ?

1 hour ago, Abrasive fox said:

Theyre going to try and get Grealish in the summer. Harvey is very good at getting a pay rise out of us.

Hardly surprising for a Wasserman client. 

Have we pissed them off with the Hamza situation? 

Edited by AjcW

3 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Hardly surprising for a Wasserman client. 

Have we pissed them off with the Hamza situation? 

It was going around in October we were looking to offer him a new contract

Probably looking to get a bit more money out of us, and wanting to be on similar money to Maddison (however much that is)

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

It was going around in October we were looking to offer him a new contract

Probably looking to get a bit more money out of us, and wanting to be on similar money to Maddison (however much that is)

Maddison is now on 100k a week or so. The issue for us is, Tielemans deserves to be on at least that and then we need to sort new deals for Ricardo (probably another who warrants that sort of figure) and Soyuncu. Barnes for now should probably get a new deal on £60k + bonuses but then again what has Maddison done for us that Barnes hasn't.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Alan Frost said:

I hope BR isn't as obsessed with resting young players, keeping players out so they don't get injured , and worrying about the big boys as the forum sometimes seems. Footballers  love playing more than resting or at least I hope ours  do, they are not dockers or labourers who appreciate a rest. When Neymar went to PSG they paid him to play not be wrapped in cotton wool and we're not midgets. In any case the big boys don't read forums or fan chat to window shop, the shop window is on the pitch . We don't want our good performers resting, not playing, or hidden. How are you ever proposing to win anything ?

On 02/01/2021 at 12:06, Grebfromgrebland said:

If he makes the England squad he's as good as sold.

On 02/01/2021 at 14:03, mozartfox said:

Why? Is his LCFC contract shortened or terminated?

On 02/01/2021 at 19:49, sacreblueits442 said:

...shop window....the big boys take notice!!!

....just to make my comment clear!!!

I am not suggesting that the Big Boys read fan forums but the mere fact that a player is playing on the pitch for his country is the shop window.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Maddison is now on 100k a week or so. The issue for us is, Tielemans deserves to be on at least that and then we need to sort new deals for Ricardo (probably another who warrants that sort of figure) and Soyuncu. Barnes for now should probably get a new deal on £60k + bonuses but then again what has Maddison done for us that Barnes hasn't.

Slimani's wages should cover a lot of that.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah, losing Slimani, Gray, Morgan, James and Fuchs will save us about £250k a week come the summer. 

Yep true, and all players that aren’t really playing so no impact on the squad. Promote from within (KDH etc.) and we’re in a good place. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

9 goals for the season now. Another very good performance, and not just because of his goal. Lots of great runs, his ability to carry the ball is very impressive.

Really becoming a top player now, lovely to see him get better every week.

Harvey was restricted at times today by a good defensive performance from Souttar, but he persevered and was rewarded with a deserved goal. As you say, he gets better and better. 

• Like 1