Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

I remember when he came back from WBA he couldn't score for love nor money. Remember his terrible miss against Chelsea at home, its 2-2 in the dying minutes and he gets a pass on a plate but completely misses the target. He has improved a lot since. Hos link up play and dribbling was always good, and now he's added good finishing to his game.

People say Vardy will be our biggest miss if he gets injured but Barnes is up there as well  I can't see Perez or Albrighton putting up the numbers Barnes is. He would be a huge miss if he got inured.

14 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

You missed him rinsing two of their players down the right then? If he squares that ball for Vardy, perceptions would have altered rapidly.

Yeah but he didn't.... squaring to Vardy would have been so much more important to the team than skinning two players on the wing. He deserves criticism for that selfishness, it easily could have cost us the win.

A really good sign is we seem to create him a lot of chances - doesn’t always score them but sooner especially with the form he’s in he could well score a hattrick. I’d be over the moon if he could contribute to 20 goals altogether this season and that sounds a reasonable target with the games remaining. Keep it up lad!

16 minutes ago, Nuneatonfox in Manchester said:

Yeah but he didn't.... squaring to Vardy would have been so much more important to the team than skinning two players on the wing. He deserves criticism for that selfishness, it easily could have cost us the win.

Yeah but it didn't. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Yeah but it didn't. 

Also, Perez missing wouldn't have necessarily cost us the win anyway. Vardy's fluffed chances could easily have been a bigger factor in that. And wherever else we would have failed defensively.

• Like 1

Reported today in an article about how HB has come on - All very true! Banes is doing more damaging and dangerous runs into the box these days.

These are exciting times, then, with Rodgers convinced that the best is still to come. 'He is making more runs into the box,' noted the Leicester boss. 'When I first came, he was outside the box a lot, where you're rarely going to score. 'Now he makes runs to the near post, far post, middle of the goal. Now it's about maintaining that hunger to score. His numbers are improving all the time and I suspect that will continue.'

Guest Hansifüx

Played fantastic against Chelsea and in my opinion deserved to be rested or subbed today, looked slightly weaker right from the beginning. 

If Perez is going to be the centre forward then Barnes needs to be pushed up high to get behind the defence when Perez drops deep. It could be lethal with Ünder too but Albrighton cannot be dropped right now.

We need to be a bit more direct and pure shithouse vs Everton so I'd play both Iheanacho and Perez but in the coming weeks Barnes needs to almost be the most advanced forward.

2 things Barnes needs to work on next.

Meet the ball and don't wait for the ball I see this every game he waits for the ball and it gets taken from him.

2nd pass earlier or infact just pass he doesn't need to shoot every time.

Barnes is having a fantastic season and clearly still learning his trade. I think he is going to be one of the top wingers in the premier league 

7 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

2 things Barnes needs to work on next.

Meet the ball and don't wait for the ball I see this every game he waits for the ball and it gets taken from him.

2nd pass earlier or infact just pass he doesn't need to shoot every time.

Barnes is having a fantastic season and clearly still learning his trade. I think he is going to be one of the top wingers in the premier league 

Yea he needs to mix it up when he passes the ball. Today he had the ball and drew in several players because they know how dangerous he is at the minute, games like this he needs to pass early and get into a good scoring position.

He did link up well with Thomas a couple of times and to be fair to him he was still a massive threat and he had an average game by his standards!

Could do with him have a few ‘Old Harvey Barnes’ moments soon ... because I am seriously wondering how long it’ll be before we are fending off serious money for the lad! He is pure Fcuking sauce when on it. He nearly has it all and could win European titles if he continues on this trajectory you’d think, injury aside. 

39 minutes ago, casablancas said:

Could do with him have a few ‘Old Harvey Barnes’ moments soon ... because I am seriously wondering how long it’ll be before we are fending off serious money for the lad! He is pure Fcuking sauce when on it. He nearly has it all and could win European titles if he continues on this trajectory you’d think, injury aside. 

Could have one trophy by May :ph34r:

I know we've all been so frustrated with Barnes's finishing and decision making in the past but thank god he's starting to sharpen up now and he's only gonna get better and better. Safe to say (barring any injuries) he's hungry enough to go all the way. Rogers coaching staff are doing a great job nurturing him. :appl:Damn we have some bloody good players in our squad!

1 hour ago, ARM1968 said:

Hate to say it but the lad is class now and heading on up. Are there seriously many better English Left wingers?  Can only think of one currently and I think Barnes will eclipse him soon - plus he doesn’t run like a fuching chicken. 

Rashford is as well, I would argue. It's time we stopped looking at him as a centre forward, he's been in the wing for ages.

4 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Hate to say it but the lad is class now and heading on up. Are there seriously many better English Left wingers?  Can only think of one currently and I think Barnes will eclipse him soon - plus he doesn’t run like a fuching chicken. 

Who were you thinking about?

I am a massive Barnes fan since the beginning but I do have to say that he does still need to improve on his positioning, anticipation and runs. He is much better now, but he does not see enough of the ball because his does not make his position welcoming enough for his teammates to pass to him. Whether his teammates can pass is another matter, as Vardy knows and whose positioning and runs often beg the ball to be passed to him (but more that his teammates often fail him). He also needs to make more intelligent runs - he does run but again I think they can be timed and positioned better. There are little things like trying to anticipate the ball better when running into the box etc. Once he gets all these things right, he would really be unstoppable.

Funnily enough, it is hard to describe, but despite his great dribbling skills and running with the ball, he is surprisingly not that good at twisting and turning like Vardy or Maddison is. He runs like a train and I suppose that is just the way his body is built, but if he can somehow also add this to his abilities (if possible), he would then be a bit more like Ronaldo.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1