Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

Guest Hansifüx
1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Nobody will be buying from us this summer. Not when Ligue 1 is in such a crisis, you could get similar quality players for a fraction of what you'd pay us for. And anyway, what club needs a left winger?

Man City: Sterling, Torres

Liverpool: Mane, Jota

Man United: Rashford, Martial

Chelsea: Pulisic, Hudson-Odoi

Nobody else could afford him.

what would be the price tag? maybe juventus,  real madrid, bayern münchen ?    

10 hours ago, Babylon said:

What a player, hate to say it but someone will be in for him in the summer if he keeps this up. 

He'll cost a lot and as he's a boyhood fan I doubt he'll be desperate to go (just yet, anyway).

There is real venom and conviction in his game now. You can just sense it in his build up. If he decides he's going to go past 1, 2 or 3 guys then he will! His zero to 60 is insane. Defenders with any sense will know when their beaten once what to expect the next time and if its pace and guile it can be frightening. Wish I could be in the stadium watching him go live. I reckon we are going to witness in a game soon enough where he runs the entire pitch giggy style beating everyman and scoring a rocket.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Nobody will be buying from us this summer. Not when Ligue 1 is in such a crisis, you could get similar quality players for a fraction of what you'd pay us for. And anyway, what club needs a left winger?

Man City: Sterling, Torres

Liverpool: Mane, Jota

Man United: Rashford, Martial

Chelsea: Pulisic, Hudson-Odoi

Nobody else could afford him.

Manure just to f""k us up.

7 hours ago, Bazly said:

I recall when Vardy used to play out wide for LC and also when sporting an England shirt. Never his most lethal position but he was always a good server of the ball sending crosses into the box for Leonardo to get a head onto. Then he moved central and what a difference where his pace now put him central onto goal, often 1 on 1. Harvey B may well make a good break away centre forward one day, in the Vardy mould of direct running and into the net passing, or volleying, or heading or smashing. I think he has the potential to step inside one day, just needs to learn how to be a totally aggressive little git that gets under defenders inner skin.

He will not. Hes a winger. Stupid stupid idea.

The Daily Express has spoken.............

Liverpool shown £25m star Jurgen Klopp should make target in Everton draw vs Leicester

Leicester's Harvey Barnes should be on Liverpool's radar if they have to recruit a new forward in the summer transfer window.

Absolute bargain........and of course little old Leicester must agree to sell.

• Haha 3

45 minutes ago, Kuredufox said:

Manure just to f""k us up.

Stashing players just to keep them off your competitors, lately that's more Chelsea's game than Manure's.

Ed Woodward is too busy ****ing Manure up to **** anybody else up..

37 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

The Daily Express has spoken.............

Liverpool shown £25m star Jurgen Klopp should make target in Everton draw vs Leicester

Leicester's Harvey Barnes should be on Liverpool's radar if they have to recruit a new forward in the summer transfer window.

Absolute bargain........and of course little old Leicester must agree to sell.

£25m lol. I realise it's only tabloid talk but you can do one you Scouse Helmut!

7 hours ago, Hansifüx said:

what would be the price tag? maybe juventus,  real madrid, bayern münchen ?    

Real Madrid have Hazard, Vinicius Jr, Rodrygo. And let's face it, he's probably not Real Madrid quality. Juventus maybe, but I doub they would buy from us instead of someone cheaper. Bayern have Sané, although they could use some depth.

I'd guess the price would be £60-70 million?

Edited by Nicolo Barella

Guest Hansifüx
9 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Real Madrid have Hazard, Vinicius Jr, Rodrygo. And let's face it, he's probably not Real Madrid quality. Juventus maybe, but I doub they would buy from us instead of someone cheaper. Bayern have Sané, although they could use some depth.

I'd guess the price would be £60-70 million?

I can not imagine his price tag being higher than 30m at the moment ... he has to show consistency over at least 2 seasons to be worth that much I assume. But I am not an expert. So I think no need to think about selling him  ... but Maddison is a different story he is already more consistent. 

38 minutes ago, Hansifüx said:

I can not imagine his price tag being higher than 30m at the moment ... he has to show consistency over at least 2 seasons to be worth that much I assume. But I am not an expert. So I think no need to think about selling him  ... but Maddison is a different story he is already more consistent. 

If anything he's more consistent than Maddison.

Young English player at a Premier League club; £50-60m for sure. If we were buying from another country for a similar player, then yes, you'd think £30m was closer but even then, he's starting to produce some very good numbers and you only need watch the games to see the effect he has even without scoring or assisting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hansifüx said:

I think the club would probably laugh their arses off at a £30m bid, and rightly so. If he carries on at the same rate of improvement, it won't be too long before he's worth treble that.

I really hope we just keep hold of him. Him being a fan should help.

6 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Personally believe he offers more than Mahrez ever has.

Very much admire his explosive runs and technique on the ball.

He seems to have improved his efficacy in the final-third lately, too.

Have to disagree! Mahrez when he could be arsed was world class. Watching him on motd, did make me miss him. Barnes has the potential to be a world class winger (in a different way to Mahrez). Watching Jamès for Everton made me think, how great would he be in our team? A team that actually keeps the football.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hansifüx said:

you do realise Everton signed Iwobi for nearly 30mill who had done absolutely nothing for Arsenal. 

30mill wouldnt get you in the door for a conversation if that was your opening offer for Barnes. Double it and add 10 and you might get into ask a few more questions. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

you do realise Everton signed Iwobi for nearly 30mill who had done absolutely nothing for Arsenal. 

30mill wouldnt get you in the door for a conversation if that was your opening offer for Barnes. Double it and add 10 and you might get into ask a few more questions. 

I think it he goes it will be for more than slabhead ... dependent on the market post COVID obviously. 

• Like 2

Just now, casablancas said:

I think it he goes it will be for more than slabhead ... dependent on the market post COVID obviously. 

agreed and to be honest until clubs realise the loses etc they are going to face from Covid I doubt we will see many massive money moves. 

It wouldn't surprise me if this summer is extremely quite and there will be more loans than transfers in the premier league. 

what I find really bizarre about harvey is that, if you compare his stats this season to last season, they're down in nearly every single way (per fbref - who get their stats from statsbomb, which is incidentally the same stats provider the club uses). the number of shots he takes is down, their average value is down, his pass percentage, number of attempted passes and progressive passing distance are down, the number of goal and shot creating actions he performs is down. the thing that has changed is that this season he's scored and assisted 1.4 and 2.3 goals above his expected, rather than the 2.7 and 0.7 under of last year (this could be put down to one of three things: either he has become a significantly better finisher since last year, or he's just getting more luck than last year, or more likely some combination of the two).

i don't mean to belittle his ability or contribution, more to underline that, actually, he's always been an excellent player and we can hopefully expect even better seasons than this in the future.

• Like 1

Guest Hansifüx

I am somewhat an outsider since I haven't watched leicester for more than two seasons regularly, last year Barnes didn't even pop up for me. Actually I was more impressed  by Gray (I know some of you are now laughing ;) but that is the truth ... Gray seemed to have something special about how he moved ... I know he is not delivering but these two things can coexist ... Anyway what I think Barnes is missing yet is more flexibility in his play ... He is great when he takes defenders on with his pace and he has a great touch + strke... but he is not the type of winger who can provide crosses with his left foot. He definitely needs to improve his left foot.  But this is not a problem because there is no  striker who is good in the air anyway ...   In the end, I am not convinced he is the prototype winger, I could imagine him more in playing in a more central role (either as a CF, false 9) or an attacking midfielder (similar to zaniolo) ... just my thoughts.  

20 minutes ago, Hansifüx said:

but he is not the type of winger who can provide crosses with his left foot. He definitely needs to improve his left foot

Off the top of my head he put in a brilliant left footed cross for Vardy last season against Burnley scored with a header. He's arguably the most two footed player we have tbh 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Hansifüx said:

It's not about what he's worth, it's about what we would sell him for.