Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

30-50m Winger

9 hours ago, Foxxed said:

That's literally last years team plus a mid table winger

.....And the addition of a £40m Tielemans. 

But yes, it is basically the team we finished the season with. But the team we finished the season with was a very good team. I said then that securing Tielemans and adding a RW was all that was really needed for the first 11. 

The real work had to be done on the squad. 

https://streamja.com/ZgL3

Classic Mahrez goal for Algeria tonight..

The first touch to take the ball away from the defender and open up the space was beautiful. It’s the kind of extra bit of class we’re missing. 9 times out of 10 the defender deals with that situation.. Cross going away from goal, usually would have time to jockey or intercept the opponent. But players like Mahrez are always one step ahead.

Even if plan A is to switch to a diamond, i’d still like us to sign a left footed winger.

Ugh watching that goal brings back so many memories.. What a magical player Mahrez is

Edited by Shane
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Shane said:

https://streamja.com/ZgL3

Classic Mahrez goal for Algeria tonight..

The first touch to take the ball away from the defender and open up the space was beautiful. It’s the kind of extra bit of class we’re missing. 9 times out of 10 the defender deals with that situation.. Cross going away from goal, usually would have time to jockey or intercept the opponent. But players like Mahrez are always one step ahead.

Even if plan A is to switch to a diamond, i’d still like us to sign a left footed winger.

Ugh watching that goal brings back so many memories.. What a magical player Mahrez is

Sadly no chance

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Bullshit source but an Interesting rumour 

Has he improved on his time at Newcastle? seemed to be a bit of a flop there, or at least didn't pull up any trees.

Bit of talk that Conte doesn’t fancy Perisic as a wingback in his 3-5-2 and they need to cash in to fund moves for Lukaku and others. I hope there’s something in those links last month. Would be a great signing. His experience and competitiveness would be a good compliment to our young squad. 

Just now, Finnegan said:

I'd be pretty happy with Thauvin, it'd be good to see us focusing on wide players that contribute quite heavily in the goals department. We missed the boat with Pepe last summer. 

Pepe was an anomaly to stats nerds, he was heinous in all departments that you'd expect to see from a winger. Very much in the mould of Demarai Gray, but then this season he has been on a different planet. A shame we missed out, very much like Leon Bailey when at Genk, we were linked and was there for the taking and we went for muck like Ghezzal for the same price instead.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Pepe was an anomaly to stats nerds, he was heinous in all departments that you'd expect to see from a winger. Very much in the mould of Demarai Gray, but then this season he has been on a different planet. A shame we missed out, very much like Leon Bailey when at Genk, we were linked and was there for the taking and we went for muck like Ghezzal for the same price instead.

Even in 17/18 he weighed in with 13 league goals and 5 assists.

Is that not more goals than all our wingers AND Maddison combined last year? 

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Even in 17/18 he weighed in with 13 league goals and 5 assists.

Is that not more goals than all our wingers AND Maddison combined last year? 

Hahaha yeah just about! I saw one of those stats bomb things last summer when we were linked and he was very poor but I think I argued then that goals and assists are how football is won or lost and look at him this season just gone, frightening.

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Marseille need to sell to balance the books i thought?

They don't need to give away their best asset for pennies on the dollar.  Plenty of clubs interested in Thauvin.

1 minute ago, urban.spaceman said:

Curious if we did get another attacker in after Pérez. Thauvin looks quality, though we should be careful not to hinder Barnes and Gray’s development. 

No disrespect to either of those guys, but the odds either (even Harvey) ever develop into a player of Thauvin's class are remote.  And Thauvin is only 26.  That's not a problem I would ever be worried about.

1 minute ago, Deeg67 said:

No disrespect to either of those guys, but the odds either (even Harvey) ever develop into a player of Thauvin's class are remote.  And Thauvin is only 26.  That's not a problem I would ever be worried about.

How do we know that ? Thauvin at Barnes age didn’t rip up the PL

• Like 1