Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

30-50m Winger

Just now, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Isn’t this thread a bit redundant now that we’ve bought in Pérez; wasn’t he this signing or have I missed something?

Its a plus one more than Perez (a new shiny one) 

33 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

lineup.png

That's exactly how I think we'll line up. 

Rodgers always talks about having balance with his wide players - one who holds the width and another who can play on the inside. 

Barnes will be the 'wide' midfielder, tasked with stretching defenders and beating the full-back, and Perez will play more on the inside, linking the play with Maddison, Tielemans and Vardy. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

And yet both teams finished an absolute mile from us. The reality is their players aren’t as bad as some make out and ours aren’t as good as some think (yet).

They did but they wont this season, it will be much closer and I honestly think we could overtake both of them if they dont both get at least 3 more top signings. You're right that they both have some decent players and the likes of Rashford, De Gea etc would walk into our team, but I wouldnt replace many of our starting 11 with theirs. 

39 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

lineup.png

And what makes me want another goal-scoring wide player is that our backups are the following:

Iheanacho

Gray - Kaputska - Albrighton

Hamza - Mendy

Fuchs - Soyuncu - Benkovic - JJ

Ward

Plus Morgan and maybe Amartey or Silva

4 minutes ago, FireFox said:

And what makes me want another goal-scoring wide player is that our backups are the following:

Iheanacho

Hamza - Mendy

Ward

Jesus that side is scary!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

Convinced we are gonna see a shift in formation this season. I genuinely think a 4-4-2 diamond is on the cards.

1761937_Leicester_City.jpg

It makes sense. We have no real outstanding wingers in our squad but we are blessed with two of the best wing backs in the Prem and we have an abundance of quality in the middle of the park. 

Then we have the option to bring the likes of Harvey, Dimmy and Ihenacho of the bench.  

I could see this too but with Barnes behind the strikers & Maddison sitting deeper or BR signing someone like Callum McGregor to take the spot. I feel Hamza isn’t quite there just yet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I could see that but with Barnes in Maddison's role, Maddison in for Choudhury and either Ndidi or Choudhury holding. Its then a very fluid line up that can play 4-2-2-2, 4-3-3 or 4-1-4-1

Only just seen this, basically exactly what I just stated above. Very exciting team going forward on paper.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, FireFox said:

Iheanacho

Hamza - Mendy

Ward

That's a fair point BUT a bench only holds 7 players, and if that's our line up then our bench would be....

Ward - GK

Justin - LB/RB

Benko/Soyuncu/Morgan - CB

Hamza - CM

Gray - RW 

Albrighton - LW 

Nacho - ST

....Which is a fairly strong bench to be honest. But I do agree we could do with another winger, preferably one that can cover striker and possibly another CM. Sarr and McGregor would be my shouts. 

37 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

That's a fair point BUT a bench only holds 7 players, and if that's our line up then our bench would be....

Ward - GK

Justin - LB/RB

Benko/Soyuncu/Morgan - CB

Hamza - CM

Gray - RW 

Albrighton - LW 

Nacho - ST

....Which is a fairly strong bench to be honest. But I do agree we could do with another winger, preferably one that can cover striker and possibly another CM. Sarr and McGregor would be my shouts. 

If Perez is starting out wide, he could cover the striker and we bring Albrighton or Gray on the wing. 

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Is it though?

We won't know till we know, but I do think ideally BR would prefer a starting-caliber winger allowing him to use Perez as a kind of attacking wild card, moving him wherever he needs him.  If not, I do think we'll add one more winger anyway for depth - someone in the $5-10M range who isn't a guaranteed starter but offers some scoring punch.

3 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Personally think we will need to shift a player or two out first (Maguire aside) before we spend big on a winger. We could do with shifting either Ghezzal, Silva, Slimani imo first. 

How about all three of them 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1