Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

30-50m Winger

3 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

That's a bit hyperbolic. I'd be very happy with many players from both teams, even if they wouldn't make the 1st 11. If we had Pogba, we would be flying. Same with Auba or Lacazette. 

Ive said many times, wouldnt want pogba anywhere near our club. He is vastly over rated and absolute dick head. He is everything wrong with Man U right now. And i mentioned Auba in my comment but wouldn't have him over a fully firing vardy. 

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Ziyech wants Arsenal or Barca... apparently.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.football.london/arsenal-fc/transfer-news/hakim-ziyechs-comments-arsenal-liverpool-16522320.amp

Id imagine Tielemans did too until he came and immersed himself in LCFC.

Still never gonna happen but a wise man once said “I want the fans to keep dreaming”

If I were him I wouldn’t join Arsenal until they sorted literally the entire squad out first. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

That's a bit hyperbolic. I'd be very happy with many players from both teams, even if they wouldn't make the 1st 11. If we had Pogba, we would be flying. Same with Auba or Lacazette. 

I'd take Torriera as well, nasty little terrier in the best possible way. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I say this with a friendly grin, but isn't the word 'catastrophic' hyperbolic? :D

• Haha 1

I'm still wishful that there's another winger coming in.

Diabate, Gray, and Ghezzal (and Kapustka) all can leave/go out on loan.

But then, unless we're really going to play a midfield diamond, Perez, Albrighton, and Barnes (and Maddison or Ricardo at times) won't be enough as wingers.

I think it’s one area of the squad that still needs a bit of work, a lot of talk that we aren’t done in the market so I expect we’ll see a winger come in. There’s talk of another number 8 but I don’t really see the need, for the little game time they’d have (if any) I’d be happy to see someone like Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall be pushed up, Hamza could also probably play further forward if needed, not ideal but if it’s means an extra £15 million going towards a top class winger then I’d be happy

1 minute ago, Mehrez said:

I think it’s one area of the squad that still needs a bit of work, a lot of talk that we aren’t done in the market so I expect we’ll see a winger come in. There’s talk of another number 8 but I don’t really see the need, for the little game time they’d have (if any) I’d be happy to see someone like Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall be pushed up, Hamza could also probably play further forward if needed, not ideal but if it’s means an extra £15 million going towards a top class winger then I’d be happy

If we did need another attack minded central midfielder as well as a winger then I'd look at a youngster like Rakeen Harper who Rodgers and Congerton wanted at Celtic from West Brom. If I remember rightly his contract has expired and has refused so far to sign a new one. Someone like that a lo g with a winger like Ziyech, Sarr or Bailey (mildly unrealistic) then we are in unbelievable nick.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If we did need another attack minded central midfielder as well as a winger then I'd look at a youngster like Rakeen Harper who Rodgers and Congerton wanted at Celtic from West Brom. If I remember rightly his contract has expired and has refused so far to sign a new one. Someone like that a lo g with a winger like Ziyech, Sarr or Bailey (mildly unrealistic) then we are in unbelievable nick.

Pretty sure I seen somewhere today he’s signed a new deal at West Brom!

• Like 2

On 02/07/2019 at 19:08, srex9 said:

Marko Arnautovic anyone? ? Apparrently wants to leave West Ham. 

In all seriousness he would cost a bomb and I can imagine his wage demands are ridiculous. Doubt he'd consider us either.

Sick note and a dickhead.

• Haha 1

On 03/07/2019 at 19:42, jayfox26 said:

Ive said for a bit, I wouldnt sign any Arsenal players other than Aubamayang and im not sure I'd have him over a fully firing Vardy. I also wouldnt want anyone from Man U. Both teams have some absolutely horrible players. Interesting that these teams would snap up half our team but we wouldn't want much from either of them! 

And yet both teams finished an absolute mile from us. The reality is their players aren’t as bad as some make out and ours aren’t as good as some think (yet).

Just now, Babylon said:

And yet both teams finished an absolute mile from us. The reality is their players aren’t as bad as some make out and ours aren’t as good as some think (yet).

Arsenal looked poor at our place whereas I was impressed with Chelsea’s application and class on the final day. We looked poor at home to spurs but good away. A lack of consistency cost us and that’s generally the difference between the top six and the rest ...... 

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Arsenal looked poor at our place whereas I was impressed with Chelsea’s application and class on the final day. We looked poor at home to spurs but good away. A lack of consistency cost us and that’s generally the difference between the top six and the rest ...... 

We were always going to be inconsistent with a young side, they were just...inconsistent less. Whilst i don't expect us to be faultless this coming season, we'll see a definite improvement from our side, it'll be debatable whether they'll be able to find that improvement. 

Convinced we are gonna see a shift in formation this season. I genuinely think a 4-4-2 diamond is on the cards.

1761937_Leicester_City.jpg

It makes sense. We have no real outstanding wingers in our squad but we are blessed with two of the best wing backs in the Prem and we have an abundance of quality in the middle of the park. 

Then we have the option to bring the likes of Harvey, Dimmy and Ihenacho of the bench.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Convinced we are gonna see a shift in formation this season. I genuinely think a 4-4-2 diamond is on the cards.

It makes sense. We have no real outstanding wingers in our squad but we are blessed with two of the best wing backs in the Prem and we have an abundance of quality in the middle of the park. 

Then we have the option to bring the likes of Harvey, Dimmy and Ihenacho of the bench.  

I could see that but with Barnes in Maddison's role, Maddison in for Choudhury and either Ndidi or Choudhury holding. Its then a very fluid line up that can play 4-2-2-2, 4-3-3 or 4-1-4-1

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I could see that but with Barnes in Maddison's role, Maddison in for Choudhury and either Ndidi or Choudhury holding. Its then a very fluid line up that can play 4-2-2-2, 4-3-3 or 4-1-4-1

Against weaker opposition I think you maybe right but don’t underestimate the importance of Choudhury’s pressing ability. I think Hamza’s a fully fledged starter this season. Brendan speaks highly of him and he brings things to our team that no one else does. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Against weaker opposition I think you maybe right but don’t underestimate the importance of Choudhury’s pressing ability. I think Hamza’s a fully fledged starter this season. Brendan speaks highly of him and he brings things to our team that no one else does. 

Yeah I agree, Choudhury will be a monster next year.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Can’t see it when we have so many wingers and not enough cm’s to basically cover 4 cm’s playing each week... on  top of the links to us wanting a winger.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GingerrrFox said:

Surely I’m not the only one seeing the irony of that formation in a 30-50m winger thread.

I think the diamond is deffinetly an option but personally think only used tactically if certain game needs it but think 433 with 2 wide men is Brendan’s preferred formation